• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory announced for PS4, PS Vita

HabeeNo

Bought Cyber Sleuth Day 1 to support the series and still havent played it lmao

Good to see that another one was made :D

Talha

Amazing game, I feel like it did really well in NA, havent been able to finish the first one, but hopefully before this comes out I'll be done! Digiomon is making a great comeback

RalchAC

It would be great if most of the game took place in the Digital World, as opposed to the original Cyber Sleuth, which mostly took part in Tokyo.

convo

I hope they continue the tradition of stealing stuff from Persona. And by stealing i mean borrow and imitate of course. But really they should just continue doing that. I would be happy if P5 managed to lit a fire in developers to make slicker UIs and this post-P5 game should be taking some cues.

YES! Cyber Sleuth was one of my favorites from last year and was the Digimon game I had always wanted. Can't wait to jump on this one too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice. The first was fun. I hope this one is a little more balanced, it was pretty easy.

I hope they continue the tradition of stealing stuff from Persona. And by stealing i mean borrow and imitate of course. But really they should just continue doing that. I would be happy if P5 managed to lit a fire in developers to make slicker UIs and this post-P5 game should be taking some cues.

Stealing UI elements especially would be great. It was okay, but mapping buttons to the different options in battle would be so much better.

Ultimadrago

I think things like textures will be improved, since both versions are being worked on at the same time. I don't know if this one will deviate from "it was built for the handheld first" feeling, though.

Hey Sparrow! Yeah, that sounds about right. In any case, I'm certainly excited that we got the announcement of the sequel so soon after. Are you surprised (leaks aside)?

Maybe I was too used to waiting much longer for Digimon games I wanted.

Bought Cyber Sleuth Day 1 to support the series and still havent played it lmao

Good to see that another one was made :D

You should check it out if you have the chance! Obviously, a lot of big games are out at the moment, but during downtime I guess. lol

Hey Sparrow! Yeah, that sounds about right. In any case, I'm certainly excited that we got the announcement of the sequel so soon after. Are you surprised (leaks aside)?

Maybe I was too used to waiting much longer for Digimon games I wanted.

It's been hinted at for awhile and Next Order was released earlier last year in Japan, so we were due for a Story game.

It's always good to have confirmation though. :D

giphy.gif
I'll a use this gif ad well :)
Great news, hopefully we get a quick eu localization

It was kind of a Shin Megami Tensei lite. Very stylish and jazzy, with a really accessible evolution system that begs for experimentation. The story was better than most of the Digimon anime series. Some legitimately surprising plot twists. It was really funny and charismatic too.

For a low budget Vita port, it really stood its ground against other PS4 JRPGs, at least until this year.

Shieeet I gotta get this now. That description sounds too good.

Funny, When the game was first announced I was like "wow that looks good, i'll get it, if it ever comes stateside", then when It was announced for localization I was like "I'll definitely get this game", then it came out and......

Malyse

It was a solid game. Much better than the most recent one.
Hopefully they don't do any stupid cuts this go round.

maouvin

Hope they balance the game so I don't need a team focused on piercing attacks.

Localization gods, please bring both versions west~

1upsuper

Nice, cyber sleuth was so much better than it had any right to be.

Have you played other Digimon games? Granted, they're usually v-pet sims like Next Order, but there have been a good number of fun Digimon games.

Also, for anyone new to Cyber Sleuth: if you like Dragon Quest Monsters, you owe it to yourself to check this out.

Vic_Viper

Wait the original is included with the new game? Like Bayonetta 1 coming with Bayo 2?

Wasn't the original the game that wasn't going to come stateside until a ton of fans sent in petitions? Wonder if we will get this one. Have the PS4 version still sealed in my shelf, really need to check it out, maybe I'll switch to the Vita version tho since I'll have more chances to play it over the PS4.

KMRiku

Neo Member
Awwww yeaaaaaahh! I loved the first Cyber Sleuth, it's up there as one of my favorite digimon game together with World 3.

I hope it has an option for female protagonist like the first game. I also hope that the Vita version runs well like the first game, I would prefer the portability.

Justified

Yes!

Hope Masafumi Takada is composing the soundtrack again also.

And Im sure its Media.Vision back serving that development dope (game was addictively fun)

I hope I can play as a lady version of the MC again like in the previous game.

And in my dream the impossible dream world an English dub and getting the Vita version in the West.

I need to start playing cyber sleuth ( i have it on my ps4 since the release but i don't have the time )

Great news that it got a sequel

I hope I can play as a lady version of the MC again like in the previous game.

And in my dream the impossible dream world an English dub and getting the Vita version in the West.
While I wouldn't hold my breath on the Vita version coming over, Next Order did have an English dub so that is at least on the table.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
My only hope is that they add the rest of the Bancho Digimon into the game. It's not fair that they keep adding BanchoLeomon but don't include BanchoLilymon, BanchoStingmon, BanchoMamemon and BanchoGolemon.

You gotta have a plan, man. Don't let the backlog win.
I'm trying but it is hard! ;_;

I got through quite a bit of it over the last Christmas holiday but this quarter has essentially pushed me all the way back lol. I wasn't expecting to win Yakuza 0 in the Gaf contest and to receive NieR Automata from a friend either. I greatly appreciate it...but yeah. Backlog stay winning.

Top Bottom