• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory announced for PS4, PS Vita

Zubz

Banned
Yup that looks like Cyber Sleuth. Love that style!

Ditto, outside of the serialized designs for the female characters. Here's hoping they address that! But I honestly expect them to double-down on that...

It's not the direct sequel I wanted(or at least it doesn't sound like it), but damn it I'll take it!
Main character's eyes are creepy.

You never know; this could be in the same Tokyo setting. There may be a new main cast at first, but maybe we'll see the old characters after the story starts to roll.

Rob2K19

This was destined to happen.

Lmao at the amount of Switch talk that was in the rumor thread, but not one mention of it here.

I hope the next Cyber Sleuth takes some cues from Persona.

Specifically the party, they could easily make it like Persona where your main protagonist can switch between multiple Digimons while your companions have a fixed partner.

Tagyhag

Bandai Namco will also include the original Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory as a pack-in title.

Woooow, I'm glad I didn't buy the original! Can't wait.

I hope the next Cyber Sleuth takes some cues from Persona.

Specifically the party, they could easily make it like Persona where your main protagonist can switch between multiple Digimons while your companions have a fixed partner.
But that's already how Cyber Sleuth did it? Your main character could swap between any Digimon, while the others had a fixed partner.

RexNovis

Banned
Awesome! Here's hoping with the unexpected success of the last one in the states that they'll invest a bit more in localization this time. Can't wait!

Ydelnae

I hope they drop the Cyber Sleuth subtitle and go with Digimon Story: Hacker's Memory for the overseas release. The CS in the title makes it look like a complete version of the first game. They might want the Cyber Sleuth games to be their own series, but it makes the title too long.

This has a lot of potential, CS already built from the okay Digimon World Dawn to create a good, well made experience. Maybe Hacker"s Memory can be even better

Bishop89

Fuckkkk yeeeehhh!!!!

The first was one of my favourite games from last year.

Cool that the first will be packed in with this.

zenspider

I'm excited! I hope they put a bit more effort into the localization and release it closer to the jpn release :D

I hope they keep the Japanese trivia and don't replace sushi with hot dogs and hamburgers, but yeah, having NPCs acknowledge the female protag as a he and text not fitting in dialogs was real bush league.

Next Order was terrible on Vita so I am not surprised it wasn't localized. This one has good chance IMO.

Hope you're right on that one. Always felt like they were just using that as an excuse, but they're not done with Vita yet (releasing Accel World in the west) so hope this has a chance too. And I hope Bamco Asia step in for a physical version too while I'm at it :p

Hope you're right on that one. Always felt like they were just using that as an excuse, but they're not done with Vita yet (releasing Accel World in the west) so hope this has a chance too. And I hope Bamco Asia step in for a physical version too while I'm at it :p
Looking at screenshots the PS4 version of Next Order,it was like an entirely different game. The Vita version looked horrendous.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm definitely in the minority here but I'd love to see some Appmon cameo---not as full playable Digimon, but perhaps as summons or supports. NPCs? So many of them really fit the hacker-motif well since they're all based on apps and stuff.

Escargo

The guy looks like he is about to fuck shit up. Im really glad cyber sleuth is getting a sequel. Digimon is not dead

sgs2008

Awseome news, could not get into next order at all because of the combat. Much prefer the turned base style of the cyber sleuth games and world 3

So happy right now! Now just add Bancholillymon and bellestarmon! Also give Beelzemon another special effect, I can't stand the taking damage animation on all of my turns.

notaskwid

gfs_45246_2_8.jpg

Bamco pls :'(

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Pretty sure it's a sequel in the same world. It just includes the first? Apparently SAO did this?

So its basically kiwami then.

Toukiden kiwami had both the original game and a new second half of the game put onto it for the console release

t26

So its basically kiwami then.

Toukiden kiwami had both the original game and a new second half of the game put onto it for the console release

Toukiden Kiwami is just enhanced version of the original. A better example would be White Knight Chronicles II, which includes the first game.

Not perfect but it was a huge improvement.

Nothing on the level of that Bakemon bullshit.
That was super confusing when they randomly translated monsters to bakemon in that one chapter.
CS's translation was indeed pretty bad, but the Bakemon stuff is in the original Japanese script. Arata's saying bakemon instead of bakemono as a sort of play on words (for all he knows at that point eaters could be digimon), but considering there actually is a Bakemon it just gets confusing.

Top Bottom