• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory announced for PS4, PS Vita

zeromcd73

Hacker's Memory will be just as long as the original.

Original game had 74 location maps. The next game will feature 60 of those 74 location maps, plus 30 new original locations that are completely brand new to Hacker's Memory for a total of 90 locations.

Did we see Raptordramon before, or was it assumed because of Grademon?

Nope, no Raptordramon before.

Original game had 74 location maps. The next game will feature 60 of those 74 location maps, plus 30 new original locations that are completely brand new to Hacker's Memory for a total of 90 locations.

Awesome. I hope those new maps will include some Digital World stuff.

O9Tz6sd.jpg

O.O

Opa-Pa

Okay I still hate Yasuda, but I guess protagonist guy doesn't look /that/ bad. And anything is better than that godawful color palette from CS lol.

Edit: Game's looking pretty good based on those screens!

i'll be surprised if they didn't put coronamon line when lunamon line makes it this time
still hoping for dracomon line
edit:
dragomon, unimon, honeybeemon(?) and another one that I couldn't recognize from its back lol

Funbeemon. Other one is Strikedramon. Adult form between Monodramon and Cyberdramon.

We saw that bit from the second scan that came out, but it's nice to see a much higher quality version.

True Fire

The Persona 5 influence on the website is pretty blatant.
It's a good sign. They need to plagiarize Persona as much as they can

LycanXIII

Ugh, don't know if I like that or not.

duckroll

I can't believe they actually have some detailed stat breakdown on how much content there is in the new game compared to the previous campaign. Lol.

Ugh, don't know if I like that or not.

This isn't a sequel. It's a sidequel "other story" thing. It seems to take place around the same time as the original story, but show a whole other side to it with different characters and stuff.

I guess this is the Shin Megami Tensei 4A and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment version of Digital Story CS.

convo

This isn't a sequel. It's a sidequel "other story" thing. It seems to take place around the same time as the original story, but show a whole other side to it with different characters and stuff.

I guess this is the Shin Megami Tensei 4A and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment version of Digital Story CS.

I wonder which version of the first MC we'll encounter in this game. Hopefully the opposite gender of the one we select,no real need of a canon one. MC this time seems to be in trouble immediately this time,charged with crime and all that. Hopefully that means meaningful stuff starts happening before halfway through the game. If it goes like SMT4A then total timeline retcon would be in the cards but it doesn't seem like the kind of game with multiple endings.

salromano

Forgive me if my English was off, but the Japanese makes it sound like it's only possible to access the new Digimon in the original Cyber Sleuth in the version included with Hacker's Memory (in case anyone thought this was confirming a patch or anything). I updated the translation a bit to better match the Japanese.

"The new Digimon added in this title can even be trained in the Cyber Sleuth included with Hacker's Memory as a pack-in title."

duckroll

One thing I do like about how they describe the new game is that you're not some "chosen one" who is going to save the world. Might make for a more interesting story. But I really would have rather had a direct sequel since I liked the characters in the first game...

One thing I do like about how they describe the new game is that you're not some "chosen one" who is going to save the world. Might make for a more interesting story. But I really would have rather had a direct sequel since I liked the characters in the first game...
Yuuko will be missed!!

Forgive me if my English was off, but the Japanese makes it sound like it's only possible to access the new Digimon in the original Cyber Sleuth in the version included with Hacker's Memory (in case anyone thought this was confirming a patch or anything). I updated the translation a bit to better match the Japanese.

"The new Digimon added in this title can even be trained in the Cyber Sleuth included with Hacker's Memory as a pack-in title."

Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering what exactly that meant. It would be cool if there was a patch, but I don't see us getting that, if only to encourage sales.

Yeah, I was hoping for a direct sequel also. :/

TreIII

With it being some type of "another side" tale, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some older characters showed up.

Maybe we'll even get to fight the protag from the original game as a bonus fight to make things come full circle!

I would have liked to see Yuuko and Nokia again, but I'm interested to see how they handle the setup for this game.

It's also possible that the "other side" will continue for a bit past where the original ended and we'll get some sequel stuff in the final chapters.

salromano

I liked them, too, but more disappointing to me than the character's not returning is the fact that the greater portion of this new game's maps are recycled. OK, there will be new mechanics and what not, but how fresh will it feel? Especially when repetitive map design was a big issue in the first game. I wonder if they'll address that somehow.

Caim

duckroll

I liked them, too, but more disappointing to me than the character's not returning is the fact that the greater portion of this new game's maps are recycled. OK, there will be new mechanics and what not, but how fresh will it feel? Especially when repetitive map design was a big issue in the first game. I wonder if they'll address that somehow.

Well they said they're adding new gimmicks to returning dungeons. I dunno how much that'll help though, given how the issue was that dungeon design was just really boring.

But recycled content isn't that unusual these days for JRPGs. Even Atlus does it.

Hexa

The protagonists eyes look weird to me. Game looks good though.

So the first game will be packed in with this definitely?

Strings

Hoping they add some kind of mechanic to speed up dungeon traversal. Like Berseria's hoverboard. That and being able to skip or further speed up battle animations would be huge QoL changes for me.

Top Bottom