• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory announced for PS4, PS Vita

Day 1, playing through the first now and man its good. Just hit chapter 12 a few minutes ago. Talking about raising the stakes.

Also PLS BAMCO

This so much. Please stop ignoring the best mon. (And maybe give Raidramon some love too. Seems to be the only Veemon armor that gets forgotten constantly. The last game it was in was, what, World 2? Card Battle?)

But that's already how Cyber Sleuth did it? Your main character could swap between any Digimon, while the others had a fixed partner.

Yeah but your party in Cyber Sleuth is just your own Digimons.

What I meant is I hope for a more Persona-like party structure than a Pokemon-like party structure, you know?

Cyber Sleuth was such a great game and a huge surprise for me. One of my favorite games 2016. I was looking for a decent license game and got a fantastic JRPG.

Better pic of scans show that starter trio this time is:

Tentomon, Gotsumon and Betamon

I dont really care for Gotsumon and I already had both Betamon and Tentomon in my main party in CS1, so I guess I'll go for repeats this time.

More scan Digimon:

Funbeemon
Dagomon
Golemon
Some other unidentified DIgimon that looks golden(Jupitermon? Really hard to say)

...and Catchmamemon. We are going obscure here.

Also the battle UI looks near identical to CS1

Yeah but your party in Cyber Sleuth is just your own Digimons.

What I meant is I hope for a more Persona-like party structure than a Pokemon-like party structure, you know?

That would be pretty bad. Imagine if for most of the back half of Cyber Sleuth you were forced to use Omegamon and Gaioumon and could only actually pick one Digimon for your party. It would be nowhere near as fun.

The appeal of the game is using your Digimon, not the human characters. In Persona, the human characters are the ones fighting with weapons and the Persona are just used for their skills (and only seen occasionally). Digimon is all about the Digimon fighting. It would be pretty silly for them to force 2/3rds of your party to be a certain Digimon.

More scan Digimon:

Funbeemon
Dagomon
Golemon
Some other unidentified DIgimon that looks golden(Jupitermon? Really hard to say)

...and Catchmamemon. We are going obscure here.

Also the battle UI looks near identical to CS1

Dagomon! So pumped for that. Funbeemon is a really great addition, too. I'm glad to see so many more Digimon showing up. And yeah, CatchMamemon is a really obscure addition, on par with BlackKingNumemon from the first game.

That would be pretty bad. Imagine if for most of the back half of Cyber Sleuth you were forced to use Omegamon and Gaioumon and could only actually pick one Digimon for your party. It would be nowhere near as fun.

The appeal of the game is using your Digimon, not the human characters. In Persona, the human characters are the ones fighting with weapons and the Persona are just used for their skills (and only seen occasionally). Digimon is all about the Digimon fighting. It would be pretty silly for them to force 2/3rds of your party to be a certain Digimon.

Cyber Sleuth OG was definitely not designed for it, but with some changes it's entirely doable.

For one thing you won't be stuck with a single Digimon as a partner, even in CS you can switch them out in mid battle.

Second step is that you'll need more team mates... And there is already a foundation they could use- The Crests. Just as Persona has the Arcana, Digimon can make use of the crests from the original series. Companions could be associated to courage/friendship/love etc.

Cyber Sleuth OG was definitely not designed for it, but with some changes it's entirely doable.

For one thing you won't be stuck with a single Digimon as a partner, even in CS you can switch them out in mid battle.

Second step is that you'll need more team mates... And there is already a foundation they could use- The Crests. Just as Persona has the Arcana, Digimon can make use of the crests from the original series. Companions could be associated to courage/friendship/love etc.

Yeah, but I would much prefer the current way. I like being able to make my whole team of Digimon. Digimon games are like SMT. The focus is on the monsters and making a team based around them. The human characters are there for story purposes, not to be main characters in battle.

Bogging things down with more human companions and forced partners would just make the game measurably worse. Throwing in more stuff like Crests or Tamer abilities would only make battles take longer and become more of a slog. And at that point, it's no longer a Digimon Story game, but an entirely new series.

There's a scan out there with a battle scene, and it looks identical to the first game. They aren't changing anything about the basics from what we can tell (and why would they?).
Should've quoted that post asking for the change that's what I meant. Tweak lil things here and there sure but that foundation soooo damn good

Opa-Pa

Welp, there it is. Nice.

I'm glad they seem to be keeping the same framework. The original had a solid foundation for something great, but the balance in the game was godawful and ended up being a chore to play... If they do it the right way this time it could be something special. Also make the story good please.

Yasuda keeps killing it with his bad designs too!

Welp, there it is. Nice.

I'm glad they seem to be keeping the same framework. The original had a solid foundation for something great, but the balance in the game was godawful and ended up being a chore to play... If they do it the right way this time it could be something special. Also make the story good please.

... No female option tho? Lmao Namdai.

Yasuda keeps killing it with his bad designs too!
Female option was shown off later for cyber sleuth and next order

dWPhSpZ.gif

Ydelnae

I like the main protagonist design better than the past protagonist. Outside of the crazy eyes, the color palette is just more appealing to me. Wasn't a fan of the red and yellow.

Better dungeon design is all I really want out of this sequel, and even if it's not improved and just more of the same with more Digimon then I'd still be really happy.

notaskwid

Shoutmon
SHoutmon x2
Shoutmon x4
Shoutmon x4b
Shoutmon x5
Shoutmon x7
Omega Shoutmon
Shoutmon x7 superior mode

Everything.
(No need for Gummymon and Arrestadramon, you can keep it)
And Raidramon too this time pls.

So for gameplay what changes do we want?

Nerfing pierces somehow surely. Splitting INT into offense and defense stats. Even if this means that physical has "advantage" since Basic attacks are physical, high INT automatically having good INT resist isnt that right either. Status effects should not be 100% normally and it should be fixed so that you cant loop enemy into status effects.

Dont do drugs like Shinegreymon BM's signature attack.

Also multiplayer lobbies and friend invites as well, so maybe some form of community could be born.

Someone pointed out that with Dinobeemon, Golemon and CatchMamemon in, it sure seems like the stage is set for the Banchos to all appear in the game, which would be really awesome. That's a group that's gotten pretty much no love since their introduction (aside from BanchoLeomon who was already popular due to his role in Savers for years before they retconned him into being a member of a new group).

Crescemon means that Lunamon and Lekismon are probably in for the full Dianamon line, and Strikedramon means that we're probably going to get Monodramon in to complete the Cyberdramon line (he was the only Adventure/02/Tamers/Savers partner not in Cyber Sleuth, excluding that they didn't have the Savers version of Agumon in, I guess). Grademon probably means Raptordramon as well. Can't really draw any conclusions from Sangloupmon, though. I'm really excited to see what other Digimon they've added.

Shoutmon
SHoutmon x2
Shoutmon x4
Shoutmon x4b
Shoutmon x5
Shoutmon x7
Omega Shoutmon
Shoutmon x7 superior mode

Everything.
(No need for Gummymon and Arrestadramon, you can keep it)
And Raidramon too this time pls.

Getting the full Shoutmon line would be pretty cool. But you'd also need Ballistamon, Dorulumon, Xros Wars Beelzebumon, Sparrowmon, Xros Wars Greymon, and ZekeGreymon to get the whole line in. But it would be awesome to be able to do that. (And I'd love to see the manga exclusive evolutions for Ballistamon, Dorulumon and Sparrowmon, too)

Line fixes are neat although sometimes I dont know what people think of them. Strikedramon, Turuiemon and Lotusmon were created afterwards for line fixes and are probably biggets anime line fixes yet. Turuiemon has a shot thanks to Next Order.

Dinobeemon exites me since it could mean BanchoStingmon, which would mean proper Wormmon line that stays Free attribute all the way.

I really wonder if they will ever bother to give line fix for Amradimon's mega lol.

Next Order had these original models bar recolors and babies:

Shoutmon
Gumdramon

Turuiemon
Meicoomon

Agunimon
Maycrackmoon VM

Kaisergreymon
Magnagarurumon
Jijimon
Arresterdramon
Omnishoutmon

Susanoomon
Omegamon ZwartD
Omegamon AlterB
Dukemon CM
Boltboutamon
Armagemon

I wonder if all of them will make it? I do belive the phone game linkz that started with base Cyber Sleuth roster got updated to some of the Next Order mons, so I guess we'll see.

Cyber Sleuth roster was near perfection for me, all I am missing is Airdramon, Kunemon and Monochromon assuming Turtuiemon is in.

But 70-100 might be tad small, especially since Olympos 12 would take a lot of slots. Id rather get some other guys before them...

notaskwid

Someone pointed out that with Dinobeemon, Golemon and CatchMamemon in, it sure seems like the stage is set for the Banchos to all appear in the game, which would be really awesome. That's a group that's gotten pretty much no love since their introduction (aside from BanchoLeomon who was already popular due to his role in Savers for years before they retconned him into being a member of a new group).

Crescemon means that Lunamon and Lekismon are probably in for the full Dianamon line, and Strikedramon means that we're probably going to get Monodramon in to complete the Cyberdramon line (he was the only Adventure/02/Tamers/Savers partner not in Cyber Sleuth, excluding that they didn't have the Savers version of Agumon in, I guess). Grademon probably means Raptordramon as well. Can't really draw any conclusions from Sangloupmon, though. I'm really excited to see what other Digimon they've added.

Getting the full Shoutmon line would be pretty cool. But you'd also need Ballistamon, Dorulumon, Xros Wars Beelzebumon, Sparrowmon, Xros Wars Greymon, and ZekeGreymon to get the whole line in. But it would be awesome to be able to do that. (And I'd love to see the manga exclusive evolutions for Ballistamon, Dorulumon and Sparrowmon, too)

I'll add Kotemon, Monmon and Kumamon lines since we can't have a new World 3.

I am playing through the first one now, so this is great news. The one thing I hope they fix is the difficulty balance. Normal is a cakewalk, bit Hard has some crazy difficulty spikes at the bosses which require too much grinding for my taste. It'd be nice to have something in between.

Caim

So for gameplay what changes do we want?

Nerfing pierces somehow surely. Splitting INT into offense and defense stats. Even if this means that physical has "advantage" since Basic attacks are physical, high INT automatically having good INT resist isnt that right either. Status effects should not be 100% normally and it should be fixed so that you cant loop enemy into status effects.

Dont do drugs like Shinegreymon BM's signature attack.

Also multiplayer lobbies and friend invites as well, so maybe some form of community could be born.

A much better hard mode, difficulty was all over the place even though you could just use the WarGreymon piercing skills lol.

Ive always wished they would start using Neodevimon in these games. I wonder why they never have? He's existed since V-Tamer and would complete a nice clean line to Daemon.

Drayco21

Day one.

The folks over at Gematsu sure are chuffed at this news. Holy shit they're passionate about Digimon on that site.

Digimon is rad, and has always deserved more love. It's been really cool to see Digimon's fanbase become more and more vocal these past few years, and now we're finally getting the games localized again.

Sealtest

Digimon is rad, and has always deserved more love. It's been really cool to see Digimon's fanbase become more and more vocal these past few years, and now we're finally getting the games localized again.

Yup. And even if we don't get newer games in NA there is a ton they could just localize from PSP,DS so they can keep making some money from the IP.

Shizuka

Yup. And even if we don't get newer games in NA there is a ton they could just localize from PSP,DS so they can keep making some money from the IP.

They could've done Redigitize on the 3DS years ago, but they didn't. I don't think they'll bother with the older games anymore.

salromano

The folks over at Gematsu sure are chuffed at this news. Holy shit they're passionate about Digimon on that site.

I love Digitalmonz. :3

Hoping the original Cyber Sleuth did well enough for Bandai Namco to want to localize this one closer to its Japanese release. Also hope with PS4 being an initial platform this time that the visuals are a bit cleaner - less jaggies and JPEGs, please.

Top Bottom