• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: "Dragon Quest 11 PS4/ PS4 Pro: JPRG Meets Unreal Engine 4"

Mashing

I love the look of this game and I can't wait for it to release in the west. Glad to hear that the framerate is rock solid, but the the pro resolution is a bit of a letdown. Also, I can't help but compare this to XCX and in some place (the environments mostly) looks better than the PS4 version of DQXI. Am I crazy in thinking that way?

Aeana

DQ10 is "internal," but it also has like a dozen third party devs working on it. Orca is one, Toy Logic (DQ11 3DS) is another.

burgerdog

For those interested, we put up a written piece as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-dragon-quest-11-can-ue4-power-next-gen-jrpgs

This one includes several zoomer shots at 2160p. So you can see how the full resolution Pro version stacks up against 900p PS4. The difference is massive.

Also showcases the "blur" in motion on Pro that is absent on PS4 base.

Holy shit, the Pro version is so much cleaner in those stills. Shame about that blurring while in motion.

I love the look of this game and I can't wait for it to release in the west. Glad to hear that the framerate is rock solid, but the the pro resolution is a bit of a letdown. Also, I can't help but compare this to XCX and in some place (the environments mostly) looks better than the PS4 version of DQXI. Am I crazy in thinking that way?
Why? It's probably the highest res UE4 game on Pro. Not even KH 0.2 goes above 1080p.

I think UE4 is overrated.

Graphics are nice BUT it's hard to achieve 1080p even on PS4.

If you look at Snake Pass, Tekken 7,...
All looking good but 900p and 720p is kinda bad.

I hope they can optimize it more so Switch games with UE4 doesn't have to use 480p to achieve playable framerates.

Top Bottom