• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dinosaurs attacked Noah's Ark (during an epic Angel battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sure, like a raptor would lay an egg and an eagle would come out of it LOL

Z3YWi.jpg

MuggerMD

Banned
This is how modern Christianity works (aka the spread of ignorance);

One modern Christian comes up with some bullshit,
He gets one other modern Christian to buy into his bullshit,
The two of them make their modern Christian friends feel stupid for not believeing in their bullshit,
Originator of the bullshit writes book about the bullshit to validate himself.
Bullshit spreads like wildfire!

THE BOOK MISSED ONE IMPORTANT FACT!

Dinosaurs had feathers. :eek:

Angels have feathers. :eek:

Conspiracy?

I THINK not.

That's what I used to explain the trans-substantiation of dinosaur into bird in a short story. :')

(trans-substantiation is a process that was required to explain how one Aristotelian substance - an essence, a 'nothing but this' type category - could turn into another. The alchemists used it to explain how the substance of 'lead' could be turned into the substance of 'gold'.

For those who didn't know. )

But my interest was purely fiction, I fear that whoever buys into this stuff isn't quite as good in looking at things as fiction. Or as something ludic.

grrr, stupid 500 errors.

It's a parody, right? There is no way someone seriously believes this.

Alas. This really is a problem for the fiction of their world view, as there really is no way to reconcile any extinction event with creationism. The only reason they pick dinosaurs instead of say, trilobites, is that the dinosaurs are better known and are basically the smoking gun that "God is not good" or that the fiction doesn't make any sense. Cognitive dissonance takes care of the rest. So clearly science is wrong, and some nutjob is right.

You would wish nobody thought like this, but they do. They really do.

sangreal

For people asking if this shit is a parody:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...-debunk-evolution-state-funded-190816504.html

According to the Herald, one textbook, Biology 1099, reads, "Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

Measley

According to the Herald, one textbook, Biology 1099, reads, "Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

Plesiosaurs aren't Dinosaurs.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Schools like that are why my girlfriend firmly believes in a 6000 year old Earth. It's why she is literally unable to believe in anything else, she has essentially been brainwashed into a rigid view of the world, someone else's specific view. What's sad is that there are SO MANY schools (and students) like that across our nation. It's perpetuating "dumbness", an inability to question anything, or pursue increased knowledge as one grows older, an inability to learn.

It's like anti-education, not education...

Although, after reading some of her 7th Day Adventist texts about the dino's, what that school down in Louisiana is teaching is actually contradictory. God didn't have Noah save the dinosaurs from the Flood because they were not God's creations. Dinosaurs resulted from humans cross breeding animals to create them, like how we cross breed dogs today to get new breeds. So if the Loch Ness monster is a dinosaur that has actually survived God's Flood, survived God's Judgement, then wouldn't that mean that God is imperfect? I mean, if a lesser animal like Nessie, a plesiosaur, can outsmart God and escape his will, then isn't that kind of embarrassing for Him?

Alx

So if the Loch Ness monster is a dinosaur that has actually survived God's Flood, survived God's Judgement, then wouldn't that mean that God is imperfect? I mean, if a lesser animal like Nessie, a plesiosaur, can outsmart God and escape his will, then isn't that kind of embarrassing for Him?

Everybody knows Nessie rebelled against his fellow dinosaurs, and earned God's forgiveness by battling hordes of T-Rexes in the middle of the flood. He's one of the lesser known heroes of the Bible, like the dragon that carried the last couple of pandas from China to the ark and died from exhaustion on arrival. One day churches will be built for them.
Duh.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
THE BOOK MISSED ONE IMPORTANT FACT!

Dinosaurs had feathers. :eek:

Angels have feathers. :eek:

Conspiracy?

I THINK not.

Maybe it was the fallen angels, who clearly have feathers (that is a FACT), defied God and had some hanky panky with the scaly Dinos, and their offspring were hybrids, the feathered dinos, and when they mated, they turned later into birds. It's almost a Prometheus like story where the fallen angelic DNA gets mixed up with earthly DNA. Let's call the fallen angels the proto engineers.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Everybody knows Nessie rebelled against his fellow dinosaurs, and earned God's forgiveness by battling hordes of T-Rexes in the middle of the flood. He's one of the lesser known heroes of the Bible, like the dragon that carried the last couple of pandas from China to the ark and died from exhaustion on arrival. One day churches will be built for them.
Duh.

Ah, cool. I'll have to work Nessie into the movie script I'm writing then. And that brave panda saving dragon too.

"And as a reward for Nessie's heroics, God granted him Immortal Life, and a large and deep lake all to himself..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom