• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity Canceled; Disney Exits Console Publishing; Avalanche Shut [Statement]

would that include any mobile games too?

admittedly I can only really think of tsum tsum and frozen free fall
edit- oh, console games, nevermind

Don't know why this is surprising. Not trying to sound like an asshole, but I've always felt Infinity was going to end up not selling anything. Feel sad for Disney exiting games though.

Cardon

A bit shocking for it to occur now, but looking at Disney's prior track record, and the T2L genre, I'm not entirely surprised.

Sucks though since Infinity had solid potential for the younger audience. I just wonder what impact, if any, this will have on any potential Marvel based games moving forward since that's a potential goldmine that Disney/Marvel hasn't properly tapped yet.

TheYanger

wat. I mean they dropped out of E3 but they said they were doing additional video stuff for fans this summer instead, so I'm still a bit surprised by this.

georly

Toys To Life going the way of Rock Band?

I knew that was going to happen as soon as I learned about skylanders.

Everyone criticizes amiibo for not doing much, but amiibo have the benefit of not being tied to a single game (franchise). How much longer THAT will persist is hard to say, but it's seemingly more evergreen than figures tied to one and only one game franchise.

I didn't know Disney Infinity was doing that bad

Wow. At least we still have Kingdom Hearts. I never played the games, but I thought it was doing alright. Guess I was wrong.

Was Infinity not doing well? I thought it was doing super well.

This. What the hell? Are we expecting Ninny/Acti/WB to pull out too? Okay, not Nintendo probably since amiibo model is relatively good for dev budget, but one of the others?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Noooooooo

Mother Fuck

Noooooooo

PS: I hate you all for not buying into 3.0 despite my attempts to tell you all it's fun.

Granjinha

Meanwhile, Warner is launching hit after hit in the videogame space.

Huh.

I'm pretty sure Disney could make a killing in videogames business. Shame that they don't have a fucking clue of what to do. (Except give it's licences to other big publishers)

OmegaFax

They discontinued the Android version of Disney Infinity earlier this year. Pulling out of publishing entirely? Does this affect partnerships? Nothing past Kingdom Hearts?

Grexeno

They must not have been selling well. I was always curious who buys these games. They never seemed appealing to me.
Parents for their kids, most likely. Either the kids lost interest, the parents stopped buying them even if the kids wanted them, or both.

eFKac

So that's why Sony got the Spider-Man game license huh?
tinfoil hat

John V joining his friend Adam B over at Sony?

RyanW

Geez, it's not like they were bad games either. The Star Wars ones are really fun. Guess they just invested too much into it.

Wonder if that means all the stuff will start to go on clearance in stores. Zeb and Kanaan from Rebels were $2 each at my Walmart the other day. Trying to collect all the Star Wars ones

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Expected - they put all their IPs in one basket and couldnt make it work.

Top Bottom