• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) announced (early 2018)

ToonLink

My friend will be so happy. He's been waiting for this to be ported for a while now.

I'll definitely be picking this up.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What's this? Is this based on an arcade game or something?

Yes
Finally, I was expecting this since a long time
I was in Tokyo last week and I had the chance to try the arcade version out: I liked it, even if it was a little bit confusing

Kouriozan

Megaton, I expected it in 2020 judging by the slow drip feed of new characters.
But then my most wanted vilain will be DLC now >.<

ZeroX03

Banned
Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want - Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles

I figured as much from who's in the arcade version, but less than Dissidia 012 is a huge letdown.

jiggle

Is the hamper basket girl playable in the arcade?

Over 20? So we are definitely going to be missing some past characters. The original Hero and Villain for 1-10 better still be in.
There are at least 15 heroes
Ramza makes 16
So villains look to be outnumbered

Bladenic

Wait 20 characters? Did the arcade version reach that number or are they just adding a good amount of new ones to consoles?

chefbags

Hopefully there's some Noctis footage on the stream today. I wanna see that teleportation OP shit in action lol.

Tiamant

That fucking disaster of UI is breaking this game for me. I don't know how much different it is from the original Dissidia but surely it hasn't changed THAT much so that this interface is needed.

For god's sake, it's almost 40% of the screen!

rmanthorp

DBtnfOiXkAEYsYt.jpg

hooooooollllyyy shit that UI is awful

Rymuth

Finally coming to PS4, but why 2018?
S-E is releasing Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood, Final Fantasy XII Zodiac, Final Fantasy Explores Force and probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting

Too many Final Fantasies this year, probably.

FF1 - Warrior of Light, Garland
FF2 - Firion, The Emperor
FF3 - Onion Knight
FF4 - Cecil, Kain
FF5 - Bartz, Exdeath
FF6 - Terra, Kefka
FF7 - Cloud, Sephiroth
FF8 - Squall
FF9 - Zidane, Kuja
FF10 - Tidus
FF11 - Shantotto
FF12 - Vaan
FF13 - Lightning
FF14 - Y'shtola **NEW**
FF15 - Noctis **NEW**
FFT - Ramza **NEW**
FF Type-0 - Ace **NEW**
Originals - Spiritus, Materia **NEW**

26 characters by my count. Not bad, hope this port lives up to the crazy value the previous games had.

Isotropy

On the one hand, fantastic!

On the other, holy hell, that is like an absolute clusterwhoops of every single bad Japanese UI design cliche all rolled into one. Hopefully somebody does a hatchet job on that before next year.

Top Bottom