• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want crossplay on PS4? Make your voices be heard.

Agent X

You all getting conned by Microsoft is astonishing. Microsoft knew Sony doesnt want to work with them, they announced the Minecraft crossplay because their installed base is way smaller than Sony. Stop pretending for one second that you are actively doing what Microsoft wants you to do. They are a buisness and they caught on how the internet is all about witch hunts. They hoped this would happen, make Sony look like the bad guy when in reality, they are desperte for more players and you all are suckers.

People here aren't generally supporting this concept because "Microsoft wants it". They're doing this because they want it for themselves.

Why would anyone buy Playstation version if they can play with their friends using another platform version through cross play ? Sony will lose something by this as a business, and they cant just selectively allow some titles which might force gamers to demand more cross play in every title.

I'll repeat what I said in this post a few days ago.

Why would anyone want to get a PS4? For a multitude of reasons, which extend well beyond this one issue. You've got great exclusive games, the largest library of games, excellent controller, PSVR, Remote Play, SharePlay, PS Now, and other features.

If Mr. Ryan (or any other Sony executive) truly believes in his heart that PlayStation 4 is "the best place to play", then shouldn't that be self-evident? In other words, if PS4, Xbox One, and Switch are all placed on equal footing, able to play games cross-platform with each other, then wouldn't someone want a PS4 just because it's the best damn system money can buy?

Denying cross-platform play on PS4 doesn't "harm" the Xbox One and its fan base, but it sure as heck harms the PS4 and its fans.

There's a not-especially-credible word doing the rounds on no-name sites that Rockstar are investigating cross play for Red Dead 2... I'm guessing Xbox and PC if things are as they are.
well it could also be Ps4 x PC but hopefully by the time this game comes out, Sony caves.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Totally For Crossplay. Having it walled in literally helps no-one. I wanna call my friend who has the same game i have, reagardless of consoles and lets just play together.

THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.

i don't give a rats ass about cross play. Give my PS4 Pro downsampling Shu.

So, you don't care either way? In that case, why wouldn't you want it? Is having it going to hurt you? Are you sure you'd never ever take advantage of it and maybe even just possibly enjoy such a nice feature? Voicing your opinion about how much you don't care about something, that the majority clearly want it, is kind of really ridiculous of a thing to me...

You just cared enough to enter a discussion about something you don't care about to waste your time in the process? Hopefully you really don't care and avoid wasting more of my time by not replying to this.

You haven't explained why cross-play would encourage someone without a PS+ sub already to get one.

someone on PS4 without a PS+ subscription, finds out he has friends on other platforms he can play with because of crossplay, now is interested in subscribing PS+

This campaign is what, 3 days old? The OP change petition (solely about Minecraft, by far & away the largest IP to be affected by this) has about 4300 signatures. That's less than 0.0001% of the PS4 user base.
if it's something few people want and will use, why would implementing it affect Sony much financially?

yes I get a lot of PS4 owners don't care, 2/3 of them don't even have ps+ to play online, why would they want crossplay?

what % wanted external HD support? or boost mode? or 2FA? or folders? Sony listened to these vocal minority and implemented them.

StarPhlox

Cross-play is a nice concept but this isn't Microsoft doing something for the players it's Microsoft doing something for themselves by getting in every competitor's ecosystem. Don't know why you all seem oblivious to that.

The fact it keeps flaring up... that it has such passion behind it, from whichever point of view... that has to be a good thing right?

Get's the forum blood pumping at least.

It is a good thing no matter what console warriors or corporate apologists might very loudly try to tell you.

The petition is going strong and should be full by the end of the day.

Journalists are slowly but surely landing on the side of the consumer and writing about it.

Dev's are speaking out about how nice it would be for them as well.

I guarantee we will start seeing more crossplay games announced as well.

It's especially going to flare up when the new Minecraft update hits. People here can cover their ears all they want but that game is pretty much a staple in the gaming world right now. It is bigger than any single Sony, MS, Nintendo or Steam game. It's on track to reach the flipping same level as Tetris for goodness sakes. People will definitely take notice of the non-superior version.

Even though it may not seem like it, even people who where on the other side of the fence are starting to change their minds and think about the bigger picture and how this doesn't just effect them, even if not immediately, but how it has the potential to be a huge boon to the gaming landscape in general. Setting their pride to the side and taking a pro consumer stance. It's already happened several times just in this thread.

CookTrain

That's going to be the breaking of the wave on the rocks. When that update drops and Youtubers start filling up their channels with coverage of all the cool new things you can do...

... and who can't do them...

People are sceptical, I get it, but it's going to be quite a thing.

Cross-play is a nice concept but this isn't Microsoft doing something for the players it's Microsoft doing something for themselves by getting in every competitor's ecosystem. Don't know why you all seem oblivious to that.

Bad news there for you... none of the developers you purchase from are out for your interests. We're all eyes wide open to that fact, we just want this particular facet to catch on regardless.

StarPhlox

Bad news there for you... none of the developers you purchase from are out for your interests. We're all eyes wide open to that fact, we just want this particular facet to catch on regardless.

That's not how I intended for my comment to be interpreted. I merely meant that Microsoft in particular has a history of anti-consumer moves wrapped in a nice bow. This one is no different. They're taking the lead on this in a way that's getting its tentacles in on other platforms.

That's not how I intended for my comment to be interpreted. I merely meant that Microsoft in particular has a history of anti-consumer moves wrapped in a nice bow. This one is no different. They're taking the lead on this in a way that's getting its tentacles in on other platforms.

Sony tried to do the same thing last gen when they where behind. EDIT: Apparently not?

The point is this is a pro consumer thing no matter who is doing it and it's up to us to put our foots in the door and not let it close.

MS isn't going to have it's tentacles into anything any more than Sony, Nintendo and whatever other companies would if they all accepted crossplay.

your walls of text are based on your premise that Sony would be hurt financially, I don't agree with that claim, I agree there's "some" cost, but like I said crossplay can drive up interest in PS+ and gain them more subscribers.

what's their real motivation? I don't know, Sony is free to tell us their real reason, but I'm not buying your hypotheticals

That's it? That's all you have? Wow very convincing alternative as an explanation. Come on, you can critically think the logical possible reasons they might do this. If it's not hitting them financially and they stand to gain more money with more subscribers, why would they not do it? That sounds more logical than them not doing it because they feel it'll hurt them financially? You couldn't even dispute where the logic fails on my breakdown. Great rebuttal.

So I guess Apple, Google and Nintendo are just as evil then? A bunch of evil, and apparently oblivious, corporations trying to penetrate each other's networks! We must put a stop to this! Funny how you somehow single out Microsoft here lol

I would find it hilarious if Microsoft blocked crossplay with PSN in Windows. If it was the other way around we'd have a riot here.

I would just like to take a minute to thank Marty Chinn For being such a huge encourager and help with this whole movement. I just went back and read through all of his posts. When he said that he wanted crossplay he really meant it and it shows in his actions in this thread with how much encouragement and support he has given.

Truly a great Gaffer that more people could learn from. This is selflessness.

Take notes guys, even when something doesn't directly effect you, you can still lay that aside because you see how it would be a benefit for others who do want it.

I'd like to give you more for all your help but I hope this will do.

No. It wasn't even remotely comparable.

Oh, I only say that because I keep hearing it brought up. Sorry if that is not the case. Didn't Sony want crossplay though? Cause that is what I meant.

That's it? That's all you have? Wow very convincing alternative as an explanation. Come on, you can critically think the logical possible reasons they might do this. If it's not hitting them financially and they stand to gain more money with more subscribers, why would they not do it? That sounds more logical than them not doing it because they feel it'll hurt them financially? You couldn't even dispute where the logic fails on my breakdown. Great rebuttal.
you want a cost/benefit analysis with made up numbers? it costs Sony $X to implement crossplay, costs $Y in potential lost sales, gains $Z in potential sales, gain $T in PS+ revenue. you are convinced that comes out negative, I'm saying I don't know.

why would they not do it?
ask Sony, you seem to think people want to read these walls of text of you debating on why Sony does or doesn't do something when we don't have these numbers, I'm not interested.

timberger

Take notes guys, even when something doesn't directly effect you, you can still lay that aside because you see how it would be a benefit for others who do want it.

To be honest, I don't really give a shit about crossplay (As it currently is at least... Minecraft has always been a pet hate of mine and I stopped playing Rocket League a while back), but I've been completely on board with the intention of this thread regardless as there's no reason not to pitch in and try and help.

I sent an email off to Sony last night slamming their decision not to get onboard with console crossplay (Politely of course) and I pointed everyone raging in the other thread about it towards this thread so they could maybe do something constructive to help, but I get the feeling the issue over there has been hijacked by system warriors of various colours who don't give a fuck about actually helping get anything done here.

Regardless, thanks for your efforts with this thread. It's more than any of the rest have been prepared to contribute and it's appreciated.

Oh, I only say that because I keep hearing it brought up. Sorry if that is not the case. Didn't Sony want crossplay though? Cause that is what I meant.

No, you were correct. Sony did start pushing crossplay last gen. They've only drawn a line now other consoles have entered the equation.

To be honest, I don't really give a shit about crossplay (As it currently is at least... Minecraft has always been a pet hate of mine and I stopped playing Rocket League a while back), but I've been completely on board with the intention of this thread regardless as there's no reason not to pitch in and try and help.

I sent an email off to Sony last night slamming their decision not to get onboard with console crossplay (Politely of course) and I pointed everyone raging in the other thread about it towards this thread so they could maybe do something constructive to help, but I get the feeling the issue over there has been hijacked by system warriors of various colours who don't give a fuck about actually helping get anything done here.

Regardless, thanks for your efforts with this thread. It's more than any of the rest have been prepared to contribute and it's appreciated.

No, you were correct. Sony did start pushing crossplay last gen. They've only drawn a line now other consoles have entered the equation.

Others have thanked me as well so this is in acknowledgement of them too.

Thanks. It really means a lot. I really just want what is best for my hobby and everyone who is a part of it. There is a heatwave where I live atm and we are trying to cut back on air conditioning as much as possible to save money for our house so due to the temperature I can get a little... edgy lol. So I apologize for that.

Also, something everyone can do is keep an eye on this page, https://twitter.com/hashtag/PS4Crossplay?src=hash
Like and retweet as many new posts as you can. It helps. :)

They were "pushing" crossplay? How is having a few games crossplay with PC "pushing crossplay?" It's not like Microsoft didn't have a few crossplay titles on Xbox 360, as well. Sony was not trying to have crossplay with their competitors; you said it yourself, now that other consoles are in the equation they have drawn a line. To compare Portal and a handful of other games to:

Rocket League
Titanfall 2
Minecraft
Tekken 7
Gwent

and quite a bit more, is really reaching. Microsoft said well over a year ago that they were going to be open to crossplay with any platform. That is something Sony have never said or implied. They made it seem like they would be okay with the notion with PR talk, that's all. Now we are seeing developers comment on it, like Psyonix , Respawn, etc. I mean, look at this article from a year ago:

A number of developers are publicly endorsing cross-play functionality between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in an attempt to make the technology a reality. There's just one apparent problem - Sony.

Earlier in the year, Microsoft made a surprising statement to the effect that it endorsed cross-play between any console platforms.
Chris Charla, Director of ID at Xbox, made an open-worded invitation that was clearly directed at the company's rival, Sony Computer Entertainment.

"In addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we're enabling developers to support cross-network play as well," he said.
"This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks - including other consoles and PC networks."

At the time, Sony seemed open to the idea, responding in a separate interview with Gamespot that it "would be happy to have the conversation with any publishers or developers who are interested in cross-platform play".

The situation sounded simple with both parties apparently open to the notion. Yet no steps forward have been taken.

As Kotaku points out, one developer is so keen on the notion that it's already built the tech that could unite its players.
In an interview with IGN, the president of Psyonix Jeremy Dunham explained that the company simply needs to flip a switch, and PS4-Xbox One cross play will be active within Rocket League.
"We're literally at the point where all we need is the go-ahead on the Sony side, and we can, in less than a business day, turn it on and have it up and working no problem," he said.
"It'd literally take a few hours to propagate throughout the whole world, so really we're just waiting on the permission to do so."

Microsoft has already enabled a similar function between the Xbox One and PC, and Rocket League was the first game to make use of it. Now the Big M clearly wants to extend that reach further to Sony's own gaming platform, with popular titles ready to do it.
Unfortunately the PlayStation maker seems to have developed cold feet and has reportedly not directly responded to Microsoft or Psyonix, leading some to wonder whether the company is having second thoughts about its previous 'openness'.

Sony pretty much got called out for this over a year ago but it was a one-off thing. Now we're seeing it with multiple games; heck, even RDR2 is rumored to want in on the crossplay thing.

IMHO, Microsoft should be getting flak for their stance on FFXIV. I feel like there is something else going on there because Square have been trying to get this game on Xbox for years and Microsoft have been dicks about it. Now it's obvious they're clearly open with crossplay but still no word about FFXIV? THAT is something that Phil should be asked, no?

Edit: I do want to point out that you saying that they're drawing the line now because of other consoles kinda defeats the whole point. They were open, but only until other console manufacturers were open, too?

you want a cost/benefit analysis with made up numbers? it costs Sony $X to implement crossplay, costs $Y in potential lost sales, gains $Z in potential sales, gain $T in PS+ revenue. you are convinced that comes out negative, I'm saying I don't know.

Where did I say I wanted numbers? I want just a logical line of reasoning. I haven't mentioned numbers. I don't think the numbers matter. We're looking at the reason. You have to have some logical line of reasoning on why this must be happening.

ask Sony, you seem to think people want to read these walls of text of you debating on why Sony does or doesn't do something when we don't have these numbers, I'm not interested.

If you're not interested, why did you engage in the first place when I'm primarily discussing the possible and logical reasons Sony might be doing this? You throw out stuff as possibilities with no numbers, so clearly you're capable of coming up with possible reasons. Now I'm asking you to support your claim with logical reasoning, or dispute mine with logical reasoning.

You've got nothing and your response shows that.

You can't even come up with a reasonable reason as to why Sony is doing this. Do you think Sony is doing it because they like to eat chicken? Maybe that's the case, but I think we can reasonably attribute that it's likely not. Hell maybe you think it is for the children since you have nothing to counter with.

I want crossplay badly. I have rocket league on pc, ps4, xbox and the ps4 seems to have the longest time for matchmaking vs the other two, pc is the fastest since it always has more people online.... but i wish i can power up the ps4 for some rocket and match with anyone.

Why not just play on my pc? Convenience. I have to wire my ps4 controller and thia version is the last i bought so it matches me with weak people and i dont want to level up again.

Why not xbone? I sold it.

Give me crossplay sony!!! Third parties need the larger userbase for online games. Why have an online community 50k on ps4 and 30k on xbone and 70k on pc when you can crossplay and have 150k total as one base? It can prolong mp game's life.

neto

I'm going to contribute, this can only be good for the consumers, I'd love to be able to play with my friends no matter the console choice

Sony needs to be the bigger man in this.

So many games that would benefict from crossplatform gaming.

If it is for the gamers, than it needs to be for the gamers!

On one hand

I'm a consumer. How a business benefits from this should and will have no impact on how I feel. They need to continually earn my custom, it's not my place to care about their bottom line.

But on the other hand

Truly a great Gaffer that more people could learn from. This is selflessness.

I'd like to give you more for all your help but I hope this will do.

You're being ridiculous. This is a feature request, not a grand crusade.

On one hand

I'm a consumer. How a business benefits from this should and will have no impact on how I feel. They need to continually earn my custom, it's not my place to care about their bottom line.

You're missing my stance on the situation. I think there's also merit to understand why things happen and what their motivation is because I feel understanding how things work goes a long way to manage expectations as well as know how you can try to make a difference in trying to get what you want. Why is it a bad thing to have a better understanding of the situation? I feel like in other threads when people yell out lazy devs it's because of ignorance and a lack of understanding of how games are made. That doesn't mean you always have to be sympathetic or even agree, but at least understand why things are the way they are. How many posters have we seen that says Sony has nothing to lose? That's a clear sign that they haven't thought this critically through if they assume Sony has absolutely nothing to lose. Is Sony doing this because of profit? If so where are they profiting and how do you make it so their net result is no longer positive? What do they have to gain? What do they have to lose? In the end, I feel like if you know some of these answers, then you can begin to understand what needs to motivate Sony to change their mind.

However, I'm not saying it should change how you feel. I don't think you have to agree, sympathize or even assume they are making the right decision. By all means, I think everyone should voice their complaint and raise awareness. The more people that complain, the better the chance that Sony feels threatened by this and could change their mind. I'm in agreement that this is nothing but good for the consumer and everyone should be in favor of this because there's nothing but positive for gamers and at worse it doesn't affect those who don't care. I'm completely for cross play and I hope Sony will allow it at some point. I just don't see a current path for that to happen in the near future because of how I view their motivations.

Plus, I feel the discourse is better when you're not only discussing what you want, but discussing the problem in depth rather than just shouting "I want what I want and I don't want to hear anything else that doesn't get me what I want"

You're missing my stance on the situation. I think there's also merit to understand why things happen and what their motivation is because I feel understanding how things work goes a long way to manage expectations as well as know how you can try to make a difference in trying to get what you want. Why is it a bad thing to have a better understanding of the situation? I feel like in other threads when people yell out lazy devs it's because of ignorance and a lack of understanding of how games are made. That doesn't mean you always have to be sympathetic or even agree, but at least understand why things are the way they are. How many posters have we seen that says Sony has nothing to lose? That's a clear sign that they haven't thought this critically through if they assume Sony has absolutely nothing to lose. Is Sony doing this because of profit? If so where are they profiting and how do you make it so their net result is no longer positive? What do they have to gain? What do they have to lose? In the end, I feel like if you know some of these answers, then you can begin to understand what needs to motivate Sony to change their mind.

However, I'm not saying it should change how you feel. I don't think you have to agree, sympathize or even assume they are making the right decision. By all means, I think everyone should voice their complaint and raise awareness. The more people that complain, the better the chance that Sony feels threatened by this and could change their mind. I'm in agreement that this is nothing but good for the consumer and everyone should be in favor of this because there's nothing but positive for gamers and at worse it doesn't affect those who don't care. I'm completely for cross play and I hope Sony will allow it at some point. I just don't see a current path for that to happen in the near future because of how I view their motivations.

Plus, I feel the discourse is better when you're not only discussing what you want, but discussing the problem in depth rather than just shouting "I want what I want and I don't want to hear anything else that doesn't get me what I want"

I apologize for my cheekiness from before. Here is my beef. Just so you know, this is coming from a business owners perspective.

You. Don't. Know.

You are just guessing.

You have no idea what Sony's budget is and you have no idea what they are willing to spend in order to satisfy you.
Nor do you know at what point on the scale they would need to see consumer demand at in order to make the necessary sacrifices to appease their consumers.
You do not know at what point on the scale they see their company image and you do not know how much is too much for that scale to drop for them to take action.

You. Don't. Know.

Do you know what you do know though? What they have told you. That is the closest thing to facts that you actually know. Even if they are lying.

But what I have been trying to say is that you don't need to know. You just need to make your demand heard. That is how consumerism works. A business sees that consumers want something. If that demand is high enough and if that business is able to figure out a way to supply it they will. Do you know why? Because there are other businesses who will fulfill that demand in a hearbeat if they can.

These console and game makers add features to their products based on demand and they also cut them on the same basis. Features big and small. Features that for a time might even become standard and others that would only last a while or be a niche standard because the cost to implement is so low. It's that simple really.

So my beef is that you can guess that this wont work all day for whatever reason. But that ultimately serves no purpose other than to stifle peoples passion causing this movement to lose steam. Instead of encouraging people and helping out like I would expect from someone who seems absorbed with this situation and truthfully says that they want crossplay to become a thing and understands that movements like this need all the support they can get in order to succeed.

TaterTots

Banned
As someone else mentioned, I'm an consumer. I don't care about anything beyond that. Earn my respect and you earn my money. I have nothing invested into Sony shares.

mrg6290

The people who don't want this confuse the hell out of me.

How can you not support playing with a larger community and letting your friends play with you on whatever platform they choose?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is this an, "I don't care what anyone else wants, I have everything I need" kind of post?

"Why would i want to live there"?

Reminds me of Adam Orth and DRM.

If you look it a certain way, this also is similar to "why should i care about DRM? I have a great online connection"

Of course the difference is that crossplay between console publishers is new, something MS have decided on their own that they want to force the other publishers to get on board with despite it never being apart of closed ecosystems traditionally, and not something actively being taken away like DRM was for consumer rights.

I think for a lot of people not in the side of crossplay, its not necessarily being against, it just not seeing the point of a feature that was never apart of purchasing intent or the experience for PS4 users.

It'll be interesting to see whether Sony folds and that forces XBL sign ups on their dash, or they simply try to ignore the issue, but Jim Ryan did not make the latter easy at all for them.

Greedings

I really don't care. I've never found that I've waited for too long to play a match of any game, even something like Titanfall 2 with a low player count.

As long as it doesn't cause problems, I'm not against it, but I also am completely apathetic about it.

depths20XX

"Do you want crossplay?"

Nah, I don't really give a shit. Most of my online gaming is done on PC. Some PS4 games already have crossplay between PC. Basically it's not a thing I've ever found a reason to care about.

StereoVsn

It is unfortunate that Sony is now against crossplay functionality and it really is anti-consumer. #forthrplayers indeed.

Where this would be really beneficial is more niche games. For example new Monster Hunter game is probably not going to sell super crazy come release but having crossplay would enable all three main platforms to pool the users. Meh on Sony.

I could (kind of) get that they are wary of say Minecraft and Live, and not from "think of the children" perspective of course, but all the other games? Why not allow cross-play on Tekken, Rocket League, etc...? I mean yes, there are probably minor short term business benefits in not allowing it and trying to force people to buy PS4 and PS+ to play with friends but I believe it is shortsighted and PR issues will outweigh those.

atpbx

I mean sure, PS4 players would just have to put up with their experience being downgraded to that of the Xone (the lowest possible denomination in the equation) to make things fair.

If you have cross play, on any level there is potential to erode the install base of one or the other consoles.

In this case it's Microsoft scrambling to push the idea that hey guys, don't worry about your friends being on PS4, look at kind benevolent Microsoft pushing for cross play functionality so you can still by an X1 for the one exclusive anyone actually wants to play on it while still being to play multiplat games with your friends.

It's no coincidence the public face of Microsoft has been bleating about exclusives being a "bad thing" "pushing for cross play" etc.

They have been smashed this gen, have absolutely nothing going forward that's going to claw them back any ground this generation, so fuck it let's just pretend the last 30 years of Microsoft history didn't exist and pretend we aren't one the most anti consumer corporations on the planet and just try anything.

If there wasn't anything in this for Microsoft, they wouldn't be doing it, so please let's stop pretending it's Sony that are the bad guys here,

mrg6290

I mean sure, PS4 players would just have to put up with their experience being downgraded to that of the Xone (the lowest possible denomination in the equation) to make things fair.

If you have cross play, on any level there is potential to erode the install base of one or the other consoles.

In this case it's Microsoft scrambling to push the idea that hey guys, don't worry about your friends being on PS4, look at kind benevolent Microsoft pushing for cross play functionality so you can still by an X1 for the one exclusive anyone actually wants to play on it while still being to play multiplat games with your friends.

It's no coincidence the public face of Microsoft has been bleating about exclusives being a "bad thing" "pushing for cross play" etc.

They have been smashed this gen, have absolutely nothing going forward that's going to claw them back any ground this generation, so fuck it let's just pretend the last 30 years of Microsoft history didn't exist and pretend we aren't one the most anti consumer corporations on the planet and just try anything.

If there wasn't anything in this for Microsoft, they wouldn't be doing it, so please let's stop pretending it's Sony that are the bad guys here,

This has nothing to do with MS other than the fact that they are on board. So is Nintendo. So are indies like Psyonix.

Cut the console warrior attitude. This is about an opportunity to play a game with all players, all your friends, across all platforms.

This is good for gamers.

longdi

Banned
"Do you want crossplay?"

It is a non-factor for me when buying a console or games. I have never thought of this feature in my 30 years of gaming.

Now free online gaming for consoles, that's ground shaking.

Warablo

This would help the longevity of so many games. Just think publishers, maybe map packs can comeback since the new maps will be cross platform.

There's a not-especially-credible word doing the rounds on no-name sites that Rockstar are investigating cross play for Red Dead 2... I'm guessing Xbox and PC if things are as they are.
If Grand Theft Auto Online has taught us anything, it's that Xbox/PC cross play for Red Dead Redemption 2 would be a fucking disaster for Xbox players. The PC version of GTAO has been largely ruined by modders, and the XB1 and PS4 versions have been saved those problems. You couldn't find a better argument against crossplay than that game.

Top Bottom