• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donna Burke wants to sing at the game awards

HardRojo

It is destiny, Geoff. Make it happen.

1410497030019.png
Holy shit! I'm laughing so hard right now!

RK9039

Should be the opening song, sung from the stage, backing a continuous live feed following Geoff sitting emotionlessly mute in the back of a jeep enroute to the ceremony.

lol or somewhere during the middle of the show, right in the middle of someone's acceptance speech for an award.

We need Cynthia Harrell to come in and sing Snake Eater, with Joosten singing Quiets Theme.

Burke in the beginning, Joosten in the middle and Harrell at the end.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Should be the opening song, sung from the stage, backing a continuous live feed following Geoff sitting emotionlessly mute in the back of a jeep enroute to the ceremony.

I understood this reference.

And then maybe at the end they include Nuclear since it's not even in Phantom Pain.

Toparaman

Banned
That would be awesome. I love that song.

During the performance of the song, Kojima should come out and just stare at the audience silently.

I just looked her up on wikipedia and, apart from her song in Metal Gear, she was also a singer and narrator in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, so I officially love this lady now.

CHIPS THAT FILL.

WOULD YOU FEED THEM TO ME?

LET THE DEWWW FILL US ALL, IT'S JUST FUEL IN THE END

DORITOS WON'T DIE, CAN'T WASH THIS CHEESE OFF OUR HANDS
LET THE WORLD EAT THEM ALL, IT'S JUST MEANS TO AN END
OUR SALVATION DIES, ON THE FLAVORED ONES
BEYOND THE DEW, LET ME SUFFER NOW

It is destiny, Geoff. Make it happen.

1410497030019.png

DXHvM6D.gif

We need Cynthia Harrell to come in and sing Snake Eater, with Joosten singing Quiets Theme.

Burke in the beginning, Joosten in the middle and Harrell at the end.

Harrel appearing would be a real MGS stinger.

Vibranium

Banned
Please let this happen Geoff, Jose Gonzalez singing Far Away a few years ago at the former VGAs was awesome, so we need Donna Burke doing Sins of the Father as an FU to Konami.

Eh. As much as I think she's incredibly talented am I the only one who thinks it'd still be kind of cheesy?
Like one of those things that sounds good on paper but wouldnt play wel in execution. Just my opinion though.

Vibranium

Banned
Eh. As much as I think she's incredibly talented am I the only one who thinks it'd still be kind of cheesy?
Like one of those things that sounds good on paper but wouldnt play wel in execution. Just my opinion though.

Not at all, there was a live performance of Far Away from Red Dead Redemption one time, why not Sins of the Father?

It would depend on whether they actually provided a decent setup and actual back up musicians, or just had her sing over an mp3 instrumental

Toparaman

Banned

Yes, it would be cheesy. Just like video games.
And Doritos.

Top Bottom