• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Fine presents: Knights and Bikes (former Tearaway/LBP/R&C devs)

jett

D-Member
New trailer for this here game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G13RXLcKTyw

From the blended-brains of Rex Crowle (Tearaway & LittleBigPlanet) and Moo Yu (LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank) comes KNIGHTS AND BIKES, a hand-painted action-adventure set on a fictional British island in the late 1980s.

Players will take on the roles of Nessa & Demelza to explore an island with their bikes. They’ll uncover treasure, mystery and trouble. This leads to them ultimately attempting to steer the ancient island away from modern ruin.

They’ll be pedalling into danger, facing threat head-on with frisbees, water-balloons, puddle-stomping, and whatever other kid-like schemes that players can improvise.

Each islander that Nessa & Demelza rescue passes on new abilities, allowing them to do more and travel further. So as they face-up to the adult world, its their ingenuity, friendship, and wide-eyed-wonder that guides the adventure.

KNIGHTS AND BIKES is designed for one or two players (playing locally or online) and was funded successfully via Kickstarter in March 2016.

It's an action adventure RPG thing? I'm not entirely sure what kind of game it is, but visually it definitely look super cool.

TimmiT

I backed the original Kickstarter, don't regret it. It's looking great, and I'm glad to see that Double Fine is helping out.

xzeldax3

I've never heard of this until now and I'm completely taken with it!!!!! The charm and friendship reminds me of Costume Quest.

UberLevi

Wow, looks really neat. Haven't really played a Double Fine game since Trenched, so I think I'll get this when it comes out.

Kid Heart

I had not heard of this game before today, but I'm glad I know about it now since god dang does it look really good. It reminds me a bit of Costume Quest too what with kids trying to save the world with home made weapons, which is great since I love that game. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the game when it launches.

Woah, this looks pretty cool. Sadly, I didn't back the kickstarter.

It has this child-like charm to it that is pretty rare to see nowadays. Nostalgic, in a way, even though I've never set foot in England.

Fisty

Game is progressing extremely nicely, and I'm glad they found someone to market this gem. Backed this thing the second I heard Rex mentioned, Tearaway was a phenomenal experience for me. I'll probably give away my PS4 backer code and just buy it

shandy706

Double Fine is only the publisher tho

hence the ''Double Fine Presents'' tag

Ah...ok...well, it certainly looks like one of their own games. Haha

Game is progressing extremely nicely, and I'm glad they found someone to market this gem. Backed this thing the second I heard Rex mentioned, Tearaway was a phenomenal experience for me. I'll probably give away my PS4 backer code and just buy it

Raises hand X-D

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This has my attention, although I'd like to see more of how the gameplay/combat works because it looks pretty simple in the trailer. Reminds me of Costume Quest minus the turn-based battles.

Corpekata

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrbRAl6VAU

Double Fine are going to be streaming this soonish, though it's a multi game stream (Nidhogg 2, Owlboy) so you might have to wait a while.

Probably a decent way to get some of the moment to moment gameplay out there.

Presumably the devs will be involved too, they've got GONNER on along with the dev right now.

FelipeMGM

Glass Rebel

I'll say what I said in the KS thread:

The game has an amazing artstyle and very cool soundtrack but I really wish it had a different combat system because it looks really bland and boring. The Earthbound inspiration made me hope for turn based but I guess that's not happening.

pswii60

Backed it, I regret nothing.

Looks amazing. Being an 80's British kid this game hits home hard. Love it.
I'm an 80s British kid but this does nothing for me. I absolutely hate the art style, at least based on this trailer.

Feel like I'm seeing something completely different to everyone else in this thread.

wouwie

I love the artstyle, it looks incredible, which is not surprising since Rex is involved. I just don't find it all that appealing gameplay wise judging by this demo. But let's hope for the best.

Top Bottom