• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rex Crowle (Tearaway) launches KS for Knights&Bikes; Inspired by Earthbound & Goonies

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Everything is inspired by Earthbound, Metroid, or Dark Souls these days.

Many games maybe, but anyway is it supposed to be a bad thing? Dark Souls were inspired by Zelda!

I would say I enjoy Destiny wich is inspired by Phantasy Star Online! The division too.

Some have been inspired by Halo and Cod, others from Balduer's Gate or Final Fantasy.

daveo42

Banned
Glad I got to see this thread before the Kickstarter wrapped. At least based on their KS trailer, it gives me the feeling of being a kid again, including how your imagination and naivety helped to shape your world.

Really hope it meets its goal.

oneofmoo

Neo Member
Glad I got to see this thread before the Kickstarter wrapped. At least based on their KS trailer, it gives me the feeling of being a kid again, including how your imagination and naivety helped to shape your world.

Really hope it meets its goal.

That's amazing. It's exactly the feel we were going for. :) Thank you!

The vibe in the trailer sort of reminds of Moonrise Kingdom.

I've backed, and crossing my fingers you reach your funding goal. We need games with unique art styles.

reminder

Why haven't I seen this earlier? :O will definitely back this before it's too late. Hope it gets funded.

Edit: aaaand backed. Pledged for the PS4 version. :)

Fisty

I think i will up my pledge a bit higher instead of my normal KS pledge to just get the game... im not really a "swag" gamer but they really do have some nice trinkets and shirts on there

At a push it could do the 120k but it will probably not quite reach that height but still 4 days left so anything can happen.

Wonder what the top secret stretch goals would have been.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'd much rather they'd prioritised voice acting in their stretch goals for their adventure game than online.

Just over 2 days left but looks likely it'll miss the stretch goal of 120k.

Currently tracking towards around 114k. So unless someone really, really wants online co-op it probably won't reach it.

Just over 2 days left but looks likely it'll miss the stretch goal of 120k.

Currently tracking towards around 114k. So unless someone really, really wants online co-op it probably won't reach it.

I dunno; it's got £110k now with 47 hours to go. Seems like it could easily get another £10k with the last minute push.

EDIT - just backed for £16. Actually watched the video for the first time and it looks thoroughly charming! Love the music too. Definitely see the Rex Crowle/Tearaway DNA in there.

JonnyKong

I don't really understand how these stretch goal things work. So if they raise 119k, we won't get the online co-op mode, just because they were a grand off? Seems daft to me. Can't they just do it anyway, or is there a legal issue with it?

I don't really understand how these stretch goal things work. So if they raise 119k, we won't get the online co-op mode, just because they were a grand off? Seems daft to me. Can't they just do it anyway, or is there a legal issue with it?

It's a pledge to include that mode if they hit the goal. Basically an incentive to get people to back even after they've hit their goal. Kickstarter have changed their Terms of Service to better protect contributors, but there are very few legal ramifications for a project failing (unless someone wanted to start a class action lawsuit).

I dunno; it's got £110k now with 47 hours to go. Seems like it could easily get another £10k with the last minute push.

EDIT - just backed for £16. Actually watched the video for the first time and it looks thoroughly charming! Love the music too. Definitely see the Rex Crowle/Tearaway DNA in there.

Actually yes it's only less than 3k to go now to hit that with a little over a day to go. It's had a nice surge in the final days to achieve it. Come on 150k ;)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so happy this made its goal and is going to achieve online coop (considering some were put off because of it). I wish I could contribute but the price of the pound is pretty big in my country. I'll be sure to at least be part of the profits :)

kulapik

I was divided between backing this or Batallion 1944, but decided to go with this, because it looks fucking gorgeous :D

Saoshyant

I'm happy to see this not only getting funded but reaching stretch goals. For a while there I wasn't sure even the former would have happened.

While Tearaway wasn't (in my opinion) that amazing from a gameplay perspective, it was a joy to look at and listen to and I hope these guys will continue to refine their work until they hit gold and there's no room for "oh it's great buuut". This project just might be the one to do so.

jamsy

Just remembered this game and saw that there was only 40 minutes left in the KS. Couldn't help but back this.

JonnyKong

Got an exciting update about this game today via an update which I accidentally posted early so apologies to everybody involved.

Top Bottom