• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rex Crowle (Tearaway) launches KS for Knights&Bikes; Inspired by Earthbound & Goonies

Joqu

Aaah, this looks amazing. This really deserves more of a push than it has been getting, I hadn't heard of this AT ALL until I saw this thread. Damn.

pantsmith

Hello!

Glad you spotted our PS4 announcement. I'll be hanging around here today if you have any questions. :D

Thanks for making the game :D

Without sounding too ridiculous, this has many elements of the dream game I'll probably never make myself. So thank you for having wonderful tastes and inspirations!

edit: oh, actual question! is there any chance of getting the physical art book as a reward independent from the tiers? I'd love to support the game and snag a physical copy of the art book, but the collector's tier is a little steep for my budget.

Phamit

Looks fantastic,

thank god it's not a Earthbound Pixelart look alike, that's was my biggest fear when I opened the link

The game looks like it's going to have it's own look & feel

I backed this one and I hope it's going to be funded soon

oneofmoo

Neo Member
Thanks for making the game :D

Without sounding too ridiculous, this has many elements of the dream game I'll probably never make myself. So thank you for having wonderful tastes and inspirations!

edit: oh, actual question! is there any chance of getting the physical art book as a reward independent from the tiers? I'd love to support the game and snag a physical copy of the art book, but the collector's tier is a little steep for my budget.

Oooh. That's a hard one. We've been planning some add-ons, but the art book is a REALLY hard one because it's going to be heavy. I'll see what we can do.

oneofmoo

Neo Member
Looks fantastic,

thank god it's not a Earthbound Pixelart look alike, that's was my biggest fear when I opened the link

The game looks like it's going to have it's own look & feel

I backed this one and I hope it's going to be funded soon

We're glad you like the art style. We definitely wanted to do something that looked and played modern! From Earthbound, we wanted to capture more of the humour, tone, and sense of adventure.

Moobabe

I don't have my PS4 with me Rex. Release this on Vita, though, and I'll love you forever (even though I've already backed it)

Tearaway was was a cloying, insincere slog but perhaps that was someone else's fault. Hmm...

Cloying I'll give you, not sure what you mean by insincere

This is commercial art after all

Ratchet and Clank dev onboard for gameplay design hopefully means this won't be another game that takes 7 hours to get good and then is over in 2 like Unfolded

This looks super cool! Going to be keeping my eyes on it. There are little flairs in the visuals that remind of Tearaway, which obviously the devs were involved with.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Sounds great, I thought Tearaway was charming as hell and Earthbound/SOM being 2 of my all-time favorites. Art style looks really good too...

I just wish there was a tier where you could grab ahold of the physical game at a much more affordable price...

ch4fx_

Had me at "inspired by The Goonies"

Will definitely keep an eye on this one.

EDIT - (dependent upon PS4 release)

This looks cool, surprised by the lack of discussion around this here. Though I suppose it is a lock to hit its goal so there is not much to rally behind.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
When I backed this the devs actually personally thanked me on Twitter. Thought that was a really cool touch. No one else has ever done that.

This looks really lovely and I'm a little surprised it hasn't hit its modest target yet. I don't really have the money to help out right now, but I've put a reminder and I'll see what I can do to contribute in a week's time.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the art of this when it first showed up but missed that it got a PS4 version. I just pledged for a digital edition. Hope it makes it over the next few days.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Hopefully it won't be another "teenage sexual awakening" indie game. Art style looks neat.

Baliis

Oh awesome, I asked about addons the other day because I wanted an art book. Was surprised to get a response in like a minute saying to look for more info this week. Time to put my money where my mouth is I guess.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This hits all the right buttons for me. I don't feel comfortable backing due to the lack of transparency when it comes to the funding, however. I don't see how the game can be created this cheaply. This might be better off running through a publisher like Devolver for funding.

Don't get me wrong, I will totally buy the game--if it comes out. I just don't really feel comfortable putting money toward something that hasn't laid out their budget when the asking price is so low.

oneofmoo

Neo Member
Hello. Moo from Knights and Bikes again.

I just wanted to jump in here really quick to say thank you all so much! The neogaf community has been amazing to us during this campaign and we cannot thank you all enough! :D

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

wouwie

I think it's looking good now. The last couple of days, things suddenly started moving after a slow period. While it's not my type of game gameplay wise, i'll be happy for the developers when the goal is reached and might still buy it when it releases.

JonnyKong

I've got my pledge in. My second ever one after Yookee-Laylee. Announcing it for the ps4 helped a lot. I see a lot of Kickstarters just for the pc and it makes me sad.

SOME-MIST

nothing new on kickstarter has really sparked my interest ever since torment... until now. had to contribute at the ps4 level even though I don't own a ps4... yet...

ghibli99

Backed this earlier this month. Their communication has been great, and the concept sounds right up my alley. Looks like it's going to make it too, so I'm thrilled. :)

Top Bottom