• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Trunks

LotusHD

Banned
Level 3 burning attack lets goooo

tumblr_nmtzdjttPx1qglnd4o1_500.gif

Damn nostalgia hit me hard, Burning Attack (the entire thing) is not nearly as cool as I remembered.

LotusHD

Banned
Have you watched the entire clip recently? It's so stupid.

https://youtu.be/iGMtXqo1N9E

I like trunks and all but he's a total dorky loser, just like his dad.

That's part of why I like him though.

Yea I looked it up after I saw this thread. It's lame as hell. Him killing Frieza with the sword and blast still holds up though.

Why Gotenks before Goten?

Nobody other than like 2 people wants Goten or Kid Trunks. Just give us Gotenks and be done with it. ;D

Loona

The strap on the screenshot seems to imply the sword will be there - good!

I wonder if there's be an option to play with the saiyan characters un-SSJ'ed...

The same could be said for kid trunks , they are just halves of gotenks.

Goten is slightly worse though, if only for the fact that he doesn't really have an interesting move pool, and if they're adding a small character who looks like Goku, just add DB Goku.

Crocodile

Blue hair goku, vegeta and trunks will be separate characters

See this is the sort of stuff I'd rather not see - the Super versions of the characters are pretty much the Z versions with new abilities/moves/transformations and maybe a design tweak. To accommodate stuff from Z and Super separately you're going to have to fill the roster with clones. Frieza in this game basically incorporates all his Super and Z stuff, why not the other characters?

lol at people expecting DBS Trunks

They are going classic for launch, just look at Super Vegeta

Goku and Vegeta are both wearing the outfits they are currently wearing in Super, Goku's in particular was introduced in Battle of Gods.
And then we have Golden Freeza.

Neoxon

So is Golden Frieza the default appearance?

It's just an install super that recolors him, you don't need that much effort to implement it...
Also, still DBZ
Golden Frieza wasn't really made canon until Super, same for Beerus & Whis. Also, Bandai Namco recognized the popularity of Hit & Goku Black and squeezed them into Xenoverse 2 as soon as they could (Hit barely made the base roster, while Goku Black was DLC very early on).

LotusHD

Banned
So is Golden Frieza the default appearance?

It's just an install super that recolors him, you don't need that much effort to implement it...
Also, still DBZ

Sure.

flagpole.gif

That's not long hair sayajin armor Trunks.

I've never liked that design. Honestly I only liked the Trunks and moveset we're getting here. I'm not even that pressed over his Super moveset, as neat as it would be, compared to the other Super characters/moves I'd much rather see lol

He was a given, so no surprise here. It's hard to be excited over two small pictures though, so I'll wait to see some gameplay.

No it isn't. You haven't lived on 56k dial-up. Y'all have it easy nowadays with your gigabitz internetz and instantantaneous access at anytime of the day. You have no idea!

Back in my day we waited with baited breathe to see the pixels load for DBZ pictures and liked it! DBZ music videos were the holy grail, and required extensive internet scheduling to acquire. You have no idea!

But didn't Super override some stuff for both movies?

They follow the same basic outline, but make changes for the sake of drawing them out to fit a TV show.
The actual Toriyama versions of events are the movies, we don't even know if Toriyama was involved in the Super retellings of those two movies and none of the changes really mattered.

Yeah no thanks, we got the best one right here.

Nah.

Top Bottom