• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Trunks

Neoxon

They follow the same basic outline, but make changes for the sake of drawing them out to fit a TV show.
The actual Toriyama versions of events are the movies, we don't even know if Toriyama was involved in the Super retellings of those two movies and none of the changes really mattered.
For what it's worth, I kinda preferred movie BoG (namely for how Beerus was used compared to the Super's rendition & Vegeta's bingo moment), but I did like the inclusion of Ginyu in Super's Resurrection F arc.

But yeah, blue-haired Trunks actually got shit done & got the win in his arc. I do prefer the DBZ design, though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sorry DBS fans

0kJKhft.jpg

Skronk

Banned
I'm holding out for Dabura 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

It's criminal that this post went unnoticed

Yay Trunks is always welcome, all those now grown men with SSJ6Trunks usernames will be very happy.

Sami+

Blue haired Trunks actually did shit in his arc, unlike purple haired Trunks.

Yeah that's cool I guess but purple hair Trunks is cooler and the
spirit bomb
stuff is weird and dumb.

Gimme slicing fools to bits and blasting them w one hand like a badass over like the 5 millionth "give me ur energy" finale 💞

spirit bomb
stuff is weird and dumb.

Gimme slicing fools to bits and blasting them w one hand like a badass over like the 5 millionth "give me ur energy" finale ��

So cool that he spent the entire arc getting punked and screaming FATHER after he beat Freeza.

spirit bomb
stuff is weird and dumb.

Gimme slicing fools to bits and blasting them w one hand like a badass over like the 5 millionth "give me ur energy" finale ��

He did that cool thing once. You gotta remind me what he did throughout the Android and Cell saga other than warn everyone of their coming doom.

Kid Trunks did more cool shit.

To be fair to Z Trunks. He actually did get the win in his own timeline as he did beat 18, 17 and Cell.

Anyways That scan of trunks is basically nothing. We need a better picture in game, or better yet a video.

Sami+

So cool that he spent the entire arc getting punked and screaming FATHER after he beat Freeza.

He did that cool thing once. You gotta remind me what he did throughout the Android and Cell saga other than warn everyone of their coming doom.

Kid Trunks did more cool shit.

The cool thing about fighting games is that you only have to be cool once in the source material to have enough material to be cool in the game. 😘

At the end of the day, purple jacket is cooler than blue jacket, and one hand sword beam is cooler than spirit bomb nonsense

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The cool thing about this game is that we can have the normal, purple hair/90's jacket Trunks and he can just use blue Trunks' moves because they're the same person. Best of both worlds

Although, he will likely just be in permanent Super Saiyan form anyway

Village

for those who want the super design, I think alt costumes will be a thing they sell. I think this will be the game arksys starts doing that

shaowebb

Oh my God all of my yes. We get a sword user now in Future Trunks. No clue if he'll have the
Super Trunks
form or the
energy sword he used to kill one of the toughest dudes in the Super series as an actual
super but all of my yes.

shaowebb

Considering Future Trunks is in and neither Kid Trunks or Kid Goten are too distinguished on their own but are seen as more of a duo I hope this means that Kid Trunks and Kid Goten are selectable as one playable selection as a duo character like the Hisui/Kohaku duo from Melty Blood pulled off or puppet character sorta thing like Carl Clover. Make their super a buff state of Gotenks and there you go...all significant things those two ever had to them in one selectable slot for any team. Just have him use the donut moves to replace the additional screen trapping strats that the duo moveset would lose from its baseform when turned into Gotenks and you're all set.

Barrage

Trunks is one design where Imhope he is NOT permanent-Super Sayian,'and instead transforms mid-match. The purple (or blue, whatever) is the most iconic version of Trunks.

That is awesome, I hope they maintain revealing new characters/stuff at a steady rate.

Now I really hope we get "Future Gohan", the man needs to be in the spot light.
but with both arms

I would welcome this but not sure where future gohan ranks in popularity. Hoping for android 18. Not a lot of female characters so 18 is a must.

Village

I don't think ARC does alt costumes. Something with the animation system that they use.

I think this game might have them, this isn't their original property, there might be a demand for such things not just on the consumer end but the executive one aswell.

The issue is, they have to then re-animate every frame of that character in the game, because the way they do their lighting on the models. So it looks anime. Which on one hand, good for them for putting the work on, but now that i know they would have to do that. It kind of eliminates a lot of the bonus's using a 3d model brings.

Top Bottom