• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for 3DS show up on Amazon [Update: Confirmed]

fester

Banned
DQ fever has hit me hard. Just picked up DQV on PS2 and will play that version for the first time as I start a run through I-VI.

Shouta

Nah. It's just poorly edited. The translation is pretty decent, and it's perfectly proper English. It's just that you can tell a bunch of different translators worked on it. It needed to be edited for consistency.

This is pretty much it. DQVII for PS1 isn't a bad translation, it just needed editing for consistency. It's actually pretty charming at times, lol.

kagamin

Funny that I always thought that
the Hero and Jessica had more chemistry and an evolving relationship throughout their adventure more so than the Hero and Medea. So the sudden engagement at the end of the PS2 version felt weird.
But the 3DS version also apparently improves on that by addition additional scenarios with
the Hero and Medea
. Might be hard to choose!

More character development is never bad, I'm so excited to play an enhanced version of DQVIII because watching a playthrough of it due to lack of a PS2 doesn't do me any favors.

kurahador

Funny that I always thought that
the Hero and Jessica had more chemistry and an evolving relationship throughout their adventure more so than the Hero and Medea. So the sudden engagement at the end of the PS2 version felt weird.
But the 3DS version also apparently improves on that by addition additional scenarios with
the Hero and Medea
. Might be hard to choose!

Hmmm...does that mean
Medea ended up marrying Prince Charmles?

Because if it is, lol.

I put over 100 hours into DQIX and loved it but I'll always have a preference for the more character driven DQ games like IV and VIII over ones like III and IX where your party is the hero and a bunch of faceless mercenaries you pick up at a bar.
True, VII is just one of the best and longest rpgs of all time. Tons of smaller stories and options that give you that quest feeling

Top Bottom