• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Builders | Import OT| - Home wasn't built in a day.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got my first base up to Lv. 2, so I'm calling it for now. Really having a good time.

Drjoker

Neo Member
Yeah play-asia has "pending stock arrival" on the Asia versions. First it was stuck all day as a "preorder", and then it switched straight to "pending". You can order the Asia version right now from other online importers, but play-asia couldn't even get their stock in on launch day?

I think I'm done using them. Next time I'll just go digital.

Macrotus

I'm not sure how this would apply to gamers who imported the JP version,
but Square-Enix released a streaming guideline. Just posting this as a heads up.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/builders/guideline/index.html
(2)
プレイ動画(ゲーム内のBGMを含みます)をPlayStation®4のシェア機能で利用できる「Youtube」「ニコニコ動画」「Ustream」等の動画共有サイト(但し一般社団法人日本音楽著作権協会(JASRAC)と音楽に関する利用許諾契約締結済のサイトに限るものとし、Facebook、Twitch等は対象外となります)に配信すること

3)【特則内容】
ガイドライン「■画像などの取り扱いについて」(1)(2)の定めに加え、プレイ動画の利用につき、動画共有サイトのうち「ニコニコ動画」についてのみ、PlayStation®4のシェア機能によらず、配信することも可能とします。
その際も【利用条件】に従って利用してください。

I hope my translation doesn't have any errors.
It says that your only allowed to stream via the PS4 share feature to website such as Youtube, Niconico and Ustream which have a license agreement signed with JASRAC. But not to Twitch, or post/link videos on Facebook, because they don't have a contract with JASRAC.

The second quote says, Niconico Videos is an exception, where you can stream using other methods than the PS4 feature. (like capturing video via capture card etc)

Again, I'm not sure if this would apply to all gamers who bought the JP version including people who imported it.
Just posting this as a heads up.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Here is the trophy list. I did a quick google translate on them and they seem rather easy.

Dragon Quest Builders - Trophy List

Ill add that in later, good one on finding the info!

Great OT Parakeetman.

Really wish I could import this but my partner won't let me drop the coin on it considering its Japanese (in other words she wants to play it but she can't read the language). I loved the demo though, its so simple its brilliant and they'd be idiots not to localize and port it to PC.

Thanks!

Thank you for posting this. I was looking for this for a while and now I know why my video was blocked. (Though to say, how does youtube know I used a capture card?)

It doesnt, I believe its something like the system scans the audio in the data which is what flags things automatically. Its why people try to circumvent that by changing pitch and whatnots for music vids for example.

Wanchan

Game is amazing, was randomly digging mountains and I stumbled upon a chest deep inside a mountain, opened it and boom World Map, the world is HUGE!

Thing is, I'm stuck in the story right now, Pirin asked me to build her a private room using the girl sign, I tried to build all the stuff she asked (bed, pots) inside her house, outside, put the sign inside, outside, build a totally new room, I get the camp points for everything but It doesn't trigger anything else, she's still asking me to build all the stuff...

Parakeetman

I learned something important that I didnt bother with in the demo. When making a border around your town. Be sure to build the walls on the lighted part (town border) and not on the town edges that count outside of the town zone. (Where the music changes to the world music).

Since if you do that that wall will not count as part of the town therefore the rooms created using that outer edge will not be recognized correctly.

Gonna make a 2nd story to the town even before I go and rescue Mr. Satan Rolondo.

Wanchan

I learned something important that I didnt bother with in the demo. When making a border around your town. Be sure to build the walls on the lighted part (town border) and not on the town edges that count outside of the town zone. (Where the music changes to the world music).

Since if you do that that wall will not count as part of the town therefore the rooms created using that outer edge will not be recognized correctly.

Just when I was about to give up, awesome, that was it! I built the border 1 row too far, thanks!

Camwi

Man, I really hope this gets localized. I love Minecraft to death and wish more developers would do a clone like this.

Sakura

Great game hope it does well.
I played a bit of the second chapter before I fell asleep last night.
I find it a bit hard to care about my city though now that I know I will be starting from scratch again in the next chapters. Kind of makes me take a lazier approach to building.
So far I think the story is pretty good. I guess I wasn't expecting there to be much of it.

crinale

Game is amazing, was randomly digging mountains and I stumbled upon a chest deep inside a mountain, opened it and boom World Map, the world is HUGE!

Thing is, I'm stuck in the story right now, Pirin asked me to build her a private room using the girl sign, I tried to build all the stuff she asked (bed, pots) inside her house, outside, put the sign inside, outside, build a totally new room, I get the camp points for everything but It doesn't trigger anything else, she's still asking me to build all the stuff...

Maybe sign must be put inside the room? I haven't got to that part yet though.

Sakura

Maybe sign must be put inside the room? I haven't got to that part yet though.

Yea sign has to be put inside the house. If you talk to her again I'm pretty sure she says to make sure to put it inside.
Then once you place the sign you can press circle on it to assign the room to her, though I'm not sure if that is required for her quest.

Parakeetman

Its nice to finally be out of my hobo gear and have some real clothes. Was spending way too much time building up the first town before going through the portal, but since the design is a lot cleaner this time around using up a ton of dirt, which i know Im going to regret once I can get stone and stuff then start redoing everything that way D: The newbie continent is going to be bald by the time Im done with it. lol

I can't wait to play this, but I just can't do it without an English translation.

Same here, trial and error and using the picture function on the google translation app got me through the demo, but it sounds like things get more complicated in the retail version. Glad it is selling well, hopefully this increases the chance of getting localized.

Great OT, Parakeetman!

jtrov

Its nice to finally be out of my hobo gear and have some real clothes. Was spending way too much time building up the first town before going through the portal, but since the design is a lot cleaner this time around using up a ton of dirt, which i know Im going to regret once I can get stone and stuff then start redoing everything that way D: The newbie continent is going to be bald by the time Im done with it. lol

I made a mistake of redoing with stone once I got a hammer, but hold out because you can eventually craft stone for walls where all you have to do in press triangle on the dirt walls and it instantly changes to stone. Same for flooring as well.

Just upgraded my town to level 5 and I can't stop playing this game. Hit a bit of a wall though in two quests. One where the villager wants me to make something with the armor rack and sword rack. I made a room using both items, tried adding items, but nothing. Usually the schematics pop up in the menu's after a quest is given, but nothing in regards to those two items. The other is right after making the changing room, the same female villager asks for something, but nothing item related or location on the map popped up. So I have no idea haha.

Time to continue scavenging and building until I figure it out. Loving it.

Tiktaalik

I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of online. Online coop was the rocket fuel that propelled the popularity of Minecraft. It's baffling that the developer would not recognize how important this feature is. This is a huge omission.

SirBaron

Banned
Tempted to buy digitally, but i'd have to make my wife sitdown and watch me play, as my Japanese is fairly beginerish. ¬_¬

Dazza

Yeah I was a bit bummed out about the lack of Furigana in the demo, however I'm not too bothered about being able to follow the story until I can actually get my ass into gear and learn the language properly or an English localization comes out. Just as long as it's playable with very limited reading ability, the demo did seem to be, but I don't know if the full game would bite me in the ass over this.

I think you would be OK, the quest instructions are understandable even without being able to read Japanese most of the time and quite concise. The few words you might encounter just look them up or use a translator app, heck use it as a learning opportunity. I might have to get this for my daughter even if it is above her current reading level, she seems really into it.

Do the resources regenerate back over time? It doesn't seem that way in the streams I've watched. Also how dose the camera handle it when you put roofs on your houses?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Started last night and got up to the first portal and building a hammer. Stole some signs from monsters through the portals and put them up in my town lol.

Looks like I got a hammer raw material too, but didn't figure out what it was for. Also noticed Rolondo wanted me to make a hammer but didn't see a recipe to do so in my workbench.

Looking forward to playing more tonight!

Parakeetman

Do the resources regenerate back over time? It doesn't seem that way in the streams I've watched. Also how dose the camera handle it when you put roofs on your houses?

So far it doesnt seem like stuff regenerates. My guess would be its how SQEX dealt with preventing the data from becoming too big. Either that or they didnt know how to do it.
With that in mind it means you should go wasting resources if possible.

The camera itself will be zoomed out so you will have to move it around so that it goes inside the house, depending on the space inside / height it might go into a real close third person or some janky first person where it is basically the camera has just moved into the models head.

Same here, trial and error and using the picture function on the google translation app got me through the demo, but it sounds like things get more complicated in the retail version. Glad it is selling well, hopefully this increases the chance of getting localized.

Great OT, Parakeetman!

Thanks!

Chocoboko

Yeah play-asia has "pending stock arrival" on the Asia versions. First it was stuck all day as a "preorder", and then it switched straight to "pending". You can order the Asia version right now from other online importers, but play-asia couldn't even get their stock in on launch day?

I think I'm done using them. Next time I'll just go digital.

Yeah, same thing with my account. This is the first (and probably last) time that I have pre-ordered a game at play-asia and I am not very happy right now. Was really hoping it would have gotten here in time for the weekend, but it's not looking like thats going to happen.

Kinda of tempted now to just request they cancel the order and I'll buy it digitally. Not sure why they still don't have their shipment in. At least say that on the order page. Had I known that I would have just gotten the Japanese version. Frustrating.

Parakeetman

Yeah, same thing with my account. This is the first (and probably last) time that I have pre-ordered a game at play-asia and I am not very happy right now. Was really hoping it would have gotten here in time for the weekend, but it's not looking like thats going to happen.

Kinda of tempted now to just request they cancel the order and I'll buy it digitally. Not sure why they still don't have their shipment in. At least say that on the order page. Had I known that I would have just gotten the Japanese version. Frustrating.

Things like this is one of the reasons why I dont link to them in OTs

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If anyone's in Tokyo and failed to get DQ Builders, both the Vita and PS4 versions are still in stock on amazon for the same day delivery (if you order within 1,5 hour).

I'm still on the fence, because I don't really like Minecraft or DQ, but the zeitgeist is slowly getting to me.

Parakeetman

If anyone's in Tokyo and failed to get DQ Builders, both the Vita and PS4 versions are still in stock on amazon for the same day delivery (if you order within 1,5 hour).

I'm still on the fence, because I don't really like Minecraft or DQ, but the zeitgeist is slowly getting to me.

Honestly if you dont like building i highly doubt you would enjoy this game. That and not liking DQ either am sure doesnt help.

Since a lot of it is building and resource collecting. Which ties into exploring for finding new potential resoures and other stuff.

Drjoker

Neo Member
Honestly if you dont like building i highly doubt you would enjoy this game. That and not liking DQ either am sure doesnt help.

Since a lot of it is building and resource collecting. Which ties into exploring for finding new potential resoures and other stuff.
He didn't say he doesn't like building. He said he doesn't like Minecraft. I hate Minecraft, but I loved the demo of this. Put in over 10 hours.

crinale

He didn't say he doesn't like building. He said he doesn't like Minecraft. I hate Minecraft, but I loved the demo of this. Put in over 10 hours.

Obviously if you like the demo you'll love the whole game, so trying out the demo should help.
However the demo limits you to burrow through only earth and not rocks so there are way too many resources you can't get at the demo, so I hope that doesn't mislead demo players that what you can do in the game is rather limited.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I love building, lego blocks were my favorite toys when I was a kid!
Obviously if you like the demo you'll love the whole game, so trying out the demo should help.
However the demo limits you to burrow through only earth and not rocks so there are way too many resources you can't get at the demo, so I hope that doesn't mislead demo players that what you can do in the game is rather limited.
Yeah, I put few hours into the demo on 2 separate occasions and found it to be kind of boring, but I'm not sure if it would get better if I had more freedom.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Only 4 more hours until I get home and can play. The game already has its talons in me.

Drjoker

Neo Member

I actually just got done talking to them. After two days of painfully slow dialogue, they changed my order to the Japanese version, and they just had me send them $8.00 directly to their paypal to offset the cost. Slightly weary about sending the 8 bucks directly to them instead of through an online checkout, but in this unusual scenario it seems the only way.

They better be quick to send my game out.

Things like this is one of the reasons why I dont link to them in OTs
Yeah, it's good that you didn't. Anyone looking to buy this game should avoid them till they get their stuff together.

Parakeetman

I love building, lego blocks were my favorite toys when I was a kid!

Yeah, I put few hours into the demo on 2 separate occasions and found it to be kind of boring, but I'm not sure if it would get better if I had more freedom.

Progression is tied to advancing the story so at least unlike minecraft you have a lot more solid goals. Though if you dont like stuff being locked behind progression that might irritate you. Since its the up and down side of the more strict crafting system which requires you to know a recipe before making it where as minecraft you could make stuff as long as you knew how. Though since you dont seem to care for minecraft hopefully that shouldnt be an issue!

The camera is the other unfortunate thing as even if you make a nicely decorated interior in a building with a roof the poor camera work makes being indoors a bit of a pain

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think I'll grab it today if I find it somewhere and just sell it if I get bored. With stock shortages, worst case scenario is a cheap rental.

Parakeetman

I think I'll grab it today if I find it somewhere and just sell it if I get bored. With stock shortages, worst case scenario is a cheap rental.

One thing for sure is that it looks like there is a good number of various things to make. Really do hope fans make enough noise about a proper first person view as its a damned shame not being able to navigate around you creations and see everything from that perspective.

Bebpo

Banned
I've never played Minecraft, but I have a feeling I want it to be more like Minecraft. Basically I wish certain recipes and designs weren't locked behind quests. I wish when you got the material you had access to all recipes made from the material and could just build and level up the town at your own pace.

The core game is good fun, constantly doing exactly what the quest people want you to do honestly makes the entire game just feel like one big tutorial so far, but maybe this is the tutorial (still in first town) and the hand-holding will drop later and just let you build whatever to hit more general quest goals of town size or town level. Something more like Dark Cloud 2 would be nice instead of "go make this item", "go make this type of dwelling designed exactly to this plan".

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was able to grab a copy in Yamada Denki in Ikebukuro without any problems:
NXheDk2.jpg
They still had a ton of them, while my local Geo was already out when I checked around noon (and yesterday evening), which leads me to believe that smaller shops might be understocked. Still available on Amazon for the same/next day shipping too.

Parakeetman

Dear god my OCD is going to turn the 2nd island into a flat landmass at this rate with how I keep digging and digging and digging each time I see any mineable resources. D:

At the moment it does not seem like the NPCs in town use the furnace to create items though. Unlike what they do with the cooking fire / room full of pots / stone crafting table. Wonder if they need to have an event first?

crinale

https://twitter.com/Rucachan/status/693017501555359744

Well I already posted this to sales thread but DQB guy says that sales are exceeding expectation by far. Also Yodobashi seem to be out of stock at many places.

http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/product/stock/100000001002850209/index.html
http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/product/stock/100000001002850208/index.html
http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/product/stock/100000001002850210/index.html

Yesterday while I was grabbing my Silver Vita Limited Edition at Yodobashi there were quite a few people who were grabbing copies of DQB.

Top Bottom