• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes "Exclusive to PS4 in 2015", potentially timed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintylurb

Because it won't happen.

Like I said above, this thread shouldn't exist and is just someone reading too much into something.

He isn't even reading it correctly..the picture says exclusive to ps4 in 2015..which really should be interpret it as exclusively coming to ps4 in 2015.
But I do hope there will be pc/xbax1 versions for the announced sequel.

This on Xbox One? Japanese games have a hard enough time selling on Xbox, a Dragon Quest game would bomb super hard. That's not even factoring in this would be a late port too if that were the case which I expect isn't.

It wouldn't surprise me. Square Enix and Omega Force pretty much put all their major stuff on PlayStation, Xbox and recently (for OF) PC.

There are three Omega Force games on Xbox One, compared to 10+ on PS4

EDIT: Only three (planned/confirmed) releases from SE Japan as well

I'm not sure why DQH would be the game that gets added to that small list

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
These kinds of tortured language games (referring to the text, not the OP's interpretation) seem increasingly common. So many things now seem to be approaching "some additional content exclusively console-first in 2015 only on the Sony family of consoles". It's one of those cases where we're not the customers, the first-party platforms providing support are, so publishers are willing to devalue their relationship with consumers by withholding information to help partners. It's fine, it's part of the game, but let's be clear about who it actually benefits.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I think he's saying it like a bet, not to spite them, lol.

Exactly!

See how my wording can be taken in two different ways.

In one way people think I don't want the game on Xbox.
In another way it comes across that I'm betting the game won't be on Xbox.

Big difference.

Just like how the OP has interpreted that picture. The wrong way.

Kudo

Has there been PS4 game with "Only on Playstation" that has come to other platform later?
Really deceitful if that has happened, hopefully it won't happen here either.

Arzehn

Has there been PS4 game with "Only on Playstation" that has come to other platform later?
Really deceitful if that has happened, hopefully it won't happen here either.

You raise a good point. The cover has Only on Playstation on it. Would be weird to be selling that in 2016 when it's not true eh?

I can't think of a situation where that happened.

Jomjom

Banned
I have a PS4 too, but I'm happy when other people from other plateforms can share my favorite games.
Anyway, further Dragon Quest Heroes will be always on PS4 first in Japan.

You have to understand how much he likes Koei Tecmo (Omega Force) games to understand the comment. He's just saying there's less than 0% chance of it appearing on Xbone is all.

ZhugeEX

Banned
At this point the bigger news would be any Japanese game hitting xbox. It seems to be de facto PS4 now.

Pretty obvious why

JPXBX_zpsmwveul56.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can't think of a situation where that happened.

e8sjSdm.png

I mean, of course it hasn't happened on PS4. There haven't been any timed PS4 exclusives yet. The console's only been out for a year and there are only a dozen or so retail exclusives to begin with.

Irvana

The game would never be launched on XBO in Japan, not enough Microsoft hardwares, but it could be launch next year NA & EU for Steam and/or XBox One.

Arzehn

I mean, of course it hasn't happened on PS4. There haven't been any timed PS4 exclusives yet. The console's only been out for a year and there are only a dozen or so retail exclusives to begin with.

There's an example.

Are there any situations where it happens less than a year later? Because I mean, in 2010 I'm pretty sure idea factory wasn't thinking about releasing it on PC 5 years later. The difference would be SE/KOEI would know they want to release it, so why would it be on the box?

Jomjom

Banned
I could definitely see a release on PC down the road. There's no way it's ever coming to Xbox.

Not worth the time and expense of porting to Xbox, not worth the time and expense of printing physical copies, not worth the time and expense of putting a digital copy on XBL, not even worth the time and expense of changing button inputs from square triangle cross and circle to ABXY.

Game Guru

Guys, it isn't going to appear on XB1. Japanese games bomb horrendously on the Xbox line, and mixing Dragon Quest and Musou is about as Japanese as a game can get. It'd be like expecting a Western AAA game to do well on a Nintendo console. If anything, Dragon Quest Heroes might get a PC release since PC Gamers actually show that they are interested in buying Japanese games unlike the Xbox fans.

Beck

There are three Omega Force games on Xbox One, compared to 10+ on PS4

EDIT: Only three (planned/confirmed) releases from SE Japan as well

I'm not sure why DQH would be the game that gets added to that small list

There are only two games have been exclusive to PS4 thus far from Omega Force (Samurai Warriors and Toukiden). Warriors Orochi, Dynasty Warriors and Bladstorm all came to Xbox. I'm talking more of Omega Force's overall history. They've ported a lot of games to both Xbox and PC, be it this generation or the last. Considering Square Enix's push for PC games lately with the Final Fantasy XIII series and Type-0 HD, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up on other systems.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Are there any situations where it happens less than a year later? Because I mean, in 2010 I'm pretty sure idea factory wasn't thinking about releasing it on PC 5 years later.

You make a list of 3rd party retail North American timed exclusives for PS3 or PS4 that released elsewhere less than a year later, and I'll check the boxarts to see if they had an Only on PlayStation label.

Edit: Also, as Seda pointed out to me:
NPb16Nil.jpg

The box art does say "Only on PlayStation", but it also says "PlayStation Exclusive Content"... which wouldn't make sense as a label if the game was "Only on PlayStation"

There are only two games have been exclusive to PS4 thus far from Omega Force (Samurai Warriors and Toukiden). Warriors Orochi, Dynasty Warriors and Bladstorm all came to Xbox. I'm talking more of Omega Force's overall history. They've ported a lot of games to both Xbox and PC, be it this generation or the last. Considering Square Enix's push for PC games lately with the Final Fantasy XIII series and Type-0 HD, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up on other systems.

PC and Vita. Xbox is a money sink and Japanese companies aren't making their money back on it. Those pushes were testing the waters and it was too cold to jump in.

You make a list of 3rd party retail North American timed exclusives for PS3 or PS4 that released elsewhere less than a year later, and I'll check the boxarts to see if they had an Only on PlayStation label.

NPb16Nil.jpg

The box art does say "Only on PlayStation", but it also says "PlayStation Exclusive Content"... which wouldn't make sense as a label if the game was "Only on PlayStation"

Well it technically is. They like to rub it in people's faces these days...

Last gen doesn't mean anything

Arslan Senki x Musou
Samurai Warriors 4
Samurai Warriors 4-II
Sengoku Musou 4: Empires
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Toukiden Kiwami
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II

Those are all OF games that are or will be on PS4 but not on Xbox One

sensui-tomo

Arslan Senki x Musou
Samurai Warriors 4
Samurai Warriors 4-II
Toukiden Kiwami
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II

I only see those coming out on pc if anything, plus who'd want an xbox port of a musou game (last gen they had super compressed files in them)

NPb16Nil.jpg

I think it is just poor wording. Both for the box art and the 2015 thing. Why is it so hard to make two sentences ? "Exclusive to PS4. Coming 2015"
as for the "PlayStation Exclusive Content"... I'd guess it's a placeholder boxart. There's a little asterisk next to it, should be interesting to see what it says.

Although, if it happened to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if PC and more precisely Steam replaced Xbox One in their equation. This holds true for a lot of publishers and for two reasons:
This platform isn't a treat to Sony. Revenue is guaranted. Audience is here. Port cost next to nothing.

Couldn't that just potentially be more bad wording and they mean "Playstation 4 Exclusive Content?" Otherwise it is kind of conflicting boxart.

4Tran

PC and Vita. Xbox is a money sink and Japanese companies aren't making their money back on it. Those pushes were testing the waters and it was too cold to jump in.
To be fair, Koei Tecmo hasn't really cared that much about Xbone's failures in Japan, and so they've been pretty keen on making Xbone ports. However, of all of their PS4 titles, this one is the least likely to show up on that platform, and K-T may well be reevaluating that stance. If Dragon Quest Heroes shows up on any other platform, it'll be on PC before it shows up on Xbone.

Irvana

Arslan Senki x Musou
Samurai Warriors 4
Samurai Warriors 4-II
Toukiden Kiwami
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II

You are correct about XBox, but some will be launched on Steam, or have already been launched, like One Piece : PW 3 or Toukiden Kiwami.

sensui-tomo

I think he's implying that PC is probably considered, but Xbox One at this point is laughable.

oh, i probably didnt get my point across, i was agreeing with the idea. Its bad where i'd actually thing there was a better chance for a wii-u port than a XBO port... and i love musou games almost half as much as zhuge-ex and speaking of Koei numbers... i wonder if he has numbers for Xbox sales of the series.
But anyways, I see this coming on PC and nothing else, since development of DQH2 is already underway for ps3/4/V.

Beck

Arslan Senki x Musou
Samurai Warriors 4
Samurai Warriors 4-II
Toukiden Kiwami
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II

And most of them, other One Piece (which is coming to PC), is published by Koei Tecmo. I think the combination of Square Enix as the publisher opens it up to a greater chance it will arrive on other systems. I could easily see what TheSpoiler said, PC and Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom