• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age announced for the West in 2018

Surprised that this didn't get announced in a bigger fashion at PSX then if it's not coming until 2018 anyway, but this is great to get the news early!

Day one for me, just hope they give it the DQ8 treatment of voice acting and orchestrated music, but even without it, I'll still get it.

Yup. Really hope so but I too will still get it either way. But I loved DQ8 so I hope they'll do that again for this. At least especially the VA.

DKHF

[Fugo];244793655 said:
2018? I hope it's early 2018 at least... if it's 2018 xmas uuugh
Looking at Square Enix's announced lineup for next year I would guess it will come out in summer.

I wish we had more information on the platforms in the West. If we got the PS4 version, and the PS4 version is also the version on the potential Switch release, I'm going to be really curious to see a graphical comparison between the two. I would love to be able to play the PS4 version natively on a portable.

Curious what the Pro enhancements are as well, however. If it's something significant, like much better draw distance and HDR, it'll make the choice all the more difficult. That's part of the reason why one of my number one requests for the first Switch revision is an HDR screen. Doesn't even have to be higher than 720p. Just HDR.

On the other hand, the 3DS version cleaned up by a higher resolution on the Switch wouldn't be too bad either. The problem would be playing it blown up on a TV, I'm sure, since that would require some work.

So....

Chances of this coming to Xbox? Zero?

Or is there actually a chance? I mean if you had told me before E3 that Xbox was getting the new Monster Hunter I would have laughed like a madman and not believing it at all and now look.

And Code Vein too. And Kingdom Hearts 3.

Stygr

Banned
So....

Or is there actually a chance? I mean if you had told me before E3 that Xbox was getting the new Monster Hunter I would have laughed like a madman and not believing it at all and now look.

Few chances, if the PC version isn't coming either. The priority is PS4 and maybe 3DS for the western market.

Rymuth

So....

Code Vein is probably the result of Phil's trip to Japan. It was initially unveiled on a PlayStation magazine so I wouldn't be surprised if he sweetened the deal for a port. Likewise, Kingdom Hearts was announced waaaaay back, so they can't very well cancel it.

since then, tho? I honestly can't recall when has S-E Japan announced something for Xbox.

Fiendcode

Few chances, if the PC version isn't coming either. The priority is PS4 and maybe 3DS for the western market.
I'd say PS4 > Switch >>> PC >>>>> XB1 in terms of western chances.

3DS version rests entirely on if Nintendo feels like publishing it or not but I do hope we get it. If we miss it on the 3DS then maybe a mobile port or something down the line.

mindatlarge

I'm currently playing DQVIII for the first time. It's also my first DQ game in the series and I'm really impressed with the quality. Can't wait to see how the series translates into a modern day console version.

Along with consoles, isn't there a 3DS version planned as well?

PlayStation Europe has tweeted about the localisation about 50 minutes ago, so it's safe to assume the PS4 version is coming. Nintendo still hasn't said anything about whether the game will see a western release on any of their systems...

I'm currently playing DQVIII for the first time. It's also my first DQ game in the series and I'm really impressed with the quality. Can't wait to see how the series translates into a modern day console version.

Along with consoles, isn't there a 3DS version planned as well?

The game is out on PS4 and 3DS in Japan, with a Switch version coming later. Nothing said about which versions will get localised, except for the above.

Chauzu

PlayStation Europe has tweeted about the localisation about 50 minutes ago, so it's safe to assume the PS4 version is coming. Nintendo still hasn't said anything about whether the game will see a western release on any of their systems...

The game is out on PS4 and 3DS in Japan, with a Switch version coming later. Nothing said about which versions will get localised, except for the above.

I presume Switch version needs an official unveiling before they share any western news.

That's not good. Note I'm talking about Nintendo.

I presume Switch version needs an official unveiling before they share any western news.

I guess so, but I at least hoped we would get something about the 3DS version. Of course we don't know what the Switch version is, but I'd definitely like to play that 2D version of the game.

Chauzu

I guess so, but I at least hoped we would get something about the 3DS version. Of course we don't know what the Switch version is, but I'd definitely like to play that 2D version of the game.

If Nintendo announced 3DS release for west without mentioning Switch version, they are just asking for "what about Switch?" questions.

hongcha

Here's an idea: what if the Switch release includes the 2D version in addition to the PS4 build?

Top Bottom