• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age announced for the West in 2018

Eolz

Way sooner than expected, promising!

Really worried which versions will come (or not) though... S-E announcing it like that wouldn't surprise me if it was PS4 only :(

FelipeMGM

Press release

DF1L63uXkAATE-B.jpg:large

Megatron

Not surprising at all. Please make it in 2018.

Only question now is will we get any version in addition to the ps4 version?Probably too much to hope we get the Switch version next year.

CHC

The subtitle is awesome! And I know the cool kids aren't supposed to care but I do hope they add voices and orchestra for the western version. It would be nice.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
My guess is PS4 and maybe Switch down the line.

Ydelnae

It's finally officially announced. I like the subtitle, can't wait to learn more about the localization. Will buy any version they localize.

LordofPwn

hoping for voiced cutscenes but i doubt we'll get it. Might just mute the game and play my own music too.

new KH and DQ on a playstation system in 2018. been waiting a long time...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
(The decision for a western release was finalized months ago.)

The the western release was "leaked" a while ago...but honestly with DQ im just happy to have a official announcement. I expected it around the JPN launch, glad they didnt waste any time.

Jetku

2018!!!

DQ9 was the only RPG game my wife has ever played, and she beat it twice! Can't wait to play this with her.

I'm hoping a switch version comes next year to the US. I think she'll do better with the joycons than PS4 controller. Though 3DS is an option!

Wow, that was fast! Awesome news! Was just browsing Aeana's OT last night and thinking "How many years will it take to get a western announcement?" Haha Maybe they are finally serious about trying to make DQ a viable worldwide brand.

Nice. I've always liked the DQ subtitles and this is a good one. Kinda wish FF had subtitles too. Too bad about 2018 but that was to be expected. Still don't know which version I'll get. Well, provided they all get localized.

Top Bottom