• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Opening and Gameplay, 2017 for PS4 and 3DS

fM1j2vN.png

time travel?

In search of departed time.

Zekes!

One thing I noticed about the 3DS gameplay is that all the NPCs were static and stood in one spot. Could be because the game is still a ways off, but I also wondered if it was a side effect of the 16-bit style second screen? I don't know, something about it seemed lifeless. But either way, I'm looking forward to it and the PS4 version.

jb1234

Looks great! I'm guessing we have Sugiyama to blame for the music being sampled in this day and age. Come on, dude. Get with the times!

Gloam

Ah, that warm and fuzzy DQ feelin'. Love that you can stomp low level monsters with the horse, cute touch. They should add horses to DQX, would make getting around easier. Interesting that you don't see party members on the field in the PS4 version, maybe it's on account of exploring, AI might fall off of things.

TreIII

Is the 3DS version also a new idea? Having the 3D top screen 2D bottom screen is awesome and strange at the same time.

It's cool, but it's not going to be a permanent part if the game. After a certain point, the game will force you to choose one or another (but you can go between the two as you wish).

120v

PS4 version looks... pretty underwhelming. looked like a random clip from somebody casually playing an MMO. i know people buy DQ regardless but i expected more of a showcase

3DS looks hype as fuck though

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I dunno where the art style complaints come from. Looks like Toriyama's style in CGI to me

Tratorn

Dat PS4 version, so good. Looks exactly how I imagined a DQ on modern consoles.
Hopefully they'll show more soon though, this wasn't really much more gameplay than in the first presentation last year.

Top Bottom