• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drive Club Weather Sound Patch. Grab your headphones, listen and watch Incredible

virtualS

Rushy, if you're lurking, are you guys using the truaudio chip for this sound?

I too would like an answer to this question. I'm guessing so.. I believe there is a trueaudio processor in the PS4.

Now if only PC devs would support it on AMD cards... seems only logical if it's being put to use on PS4 and the bulk of the work has already been done.

DC arrived yesterday and my game is furiously updating itself. Hope to experience some 7.1 and headphone awesomeness tonight.

dugdug

Banned
This makes me want Evolution to do an open world RPG.

I know they have zero experience in that field, but, they sure have the chops for art and sound design.

Ploid 3.0

Just keep adding on to this game, while researching for Motorstorm! Imagine Motorstorm in this friggin engine.

John Stamos Have Mercy.gif

That's what I have always heard and read...

I have another tv in the room, that I put in game mode and also PC mode....but nope...framerate for my other games (UFC) just seem off.... so I switch back to many post processing stuff...and I don't notice the lag...so ever since, I just enjoy the beauty and still do well in games online.

ranked in the 900s in Madden

usually come in 1st place or close to the top in DriveClub races.

and do well in UFC.

I remember my brother saying it bothered him in Battlefield. (on the older Toshiba TV)

edit- Wait, let me add that I do have the Sony W900a...and it's suppose to be one of the best for input lag...so that might explain something... even with post processing, it plays well for me.
Some tvs input lag due to post processing is pretty high though while some like Sony's KDA series is pretty good at running it with little input lag.

Like I said, it's fine as long as you're having fun.

When you get into your car at the start of the race, there's no rain on the inside of the car.

This studio is the worst. Close them down.

1/10 - IGN Editor's Choice Award.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, this game really looks like it's coming together. Sure am looking forward to that PS+ version!

i didn't even realize the sound issues until someone pointed it out. why did they even release the weather update without the sound update anyway.

Sweep14

Yes, as far as we know it seems like they're just trying to make sure that the servers are going to be stable enough to handle the rush of new players. The worst thing that could happen for them is to put it up with those new players being unable to access the online functionality.

Exactly. Even worse scenario : If the release of PS+ version is not carefully planned, it could ruin the servers used by gamers who bought the game.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It's really going to be a shame if this game doesn't sell well. I held off myself but am definitely picking this up my next paycheck.

These updates have been phenominal.

Did my part by buying it at launch thanks to the PS+ discount, was not disappointed, and it might be the very first season pass I buy for any game on any console. Given by the season passes on other games it might be my last too, but we will see :).

freefornow

Please , please, please Sony. Release this on PS+. What reason is there now for not honoring your promise? (other than maximizing income)
It is Christmas afterall.

Putty

Exactly. Even worse scenario : If the release of PS+ version is not carefully planned, it could ruin the servers used by gamers who bought the game.

Bingo. I'd imagine now though, having fixed it up for existing users, they have a good idea about how many more servers and adjustments they'd need based on the current number of users.

Putty

Please , please, please Sony. Release this on PS+. What reason is there now for not honoring your promise? (other than maximizing income)

As mentioned above, millions of new connections would kill things for everyone. Only when they are sure capacity can hold....will they release. I'm pretty sure it'll be a staggered release also.

Sweep14

Yes, as far as we know it seems like they're just trying to make sure that the servers are going to be stable enough to handle the rush of new players. The worst thing that could happen for them is to put it up with those new players being unable to access the online functionality.

Let them wait until everything is perfect, they can't mess up a second time. It is going to make a much better first impression for many.

terrible

Banned
How's the actual driving in this game? My personal favourite is Forza 4. With all assists off it had a perfect mix of arcade and sim I felt.

I'm having a hard time not buying it this exact second..

How's the actual driving in this game? My personal favourite is Forza 4. With all assists off it had a perfect mix of arcade and sim I felt.

I still can't figure out how to drift properly, it's not Ridge Racer or Outrun by far, but it's definitely not Grand Prix Legends either. I tend to grind my teeth with every turn as I have to keep my attention in the game, or I spin out. Amazing sense of speed and 'presence', it's intense.

Putty

If they keep adding and improving things at the rate they have, then I don't care how many patches it takes! A better game is a better game, regardless of what it takes to get there.

Hasney

Damn, I really wish I enjoyed the gameplay in this because that is great. Oh well, I got it digital so I can sit around and enjoy the weather.

They are waiting so long to do the free PS+ version that by the time they do it they might as well just offer the entire game for free. It would make sense.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
where you get this car?? I don't see it in my game and i have the season pass. I see the renault alpine but it seems slightly different from this one.

No, it's a free car, search for Renault DeZir on PS Store.

All games should have a built in store to filter items. I hate not knowing when new stuff is out, and then having to negotiate the horrible PS store to find it. Just let me go to eg the Driveclub store in-game, auto sorted by newest first.

valkyre

A bit offtopic here but those youtube links are to blame, have they said anything about adding certain high profile hypercars to the game like... LaFerrari?

Was redirected to a Forza H2 LaFerrari vid and I admit, I want it in DC.

MattyG

Banned
Goddamn, I need to upgrade from my PS3 Wireless Stereo headset, don't I? This would sound SOOOOOO good in 7.1 surround.

ACESmkII

Amazing job Evo.

All we need now is GT style replays, and some balanced AI, so I don't feel like I'm playing "Dark Souls" with cars on some of these later races.

Also, Please tell me will be getting some more Ferrari's as DLC. I would love to see both the Classic F-40 and the LaFerrari.

Mabufu

Banned

As it has benn said a lot of times, it's a good mix between sim and arcade.
You cant make all turns drifting like a god, (in fact, making good drifts requires good skills),
and you must learn when to use the brakes, and when to use (or not to) the accelerator, or else the winner of the races will be decided by luck.

If you like sims, DC may feel simple I guess (I dont know for sure, I dont play sims), but luckily, there's a lot of cars with different behaviours, and a lot of tracks with different complexity. Mechanics may be simple, but hard to master on every car/track, so skills and knowledge of cars and trakcs will reward you with the victory.

benzy

All games should have a built in store to filter items. I hate not knowing when new stuff is out, and then having to negotiate the horrible PS store to find it. Just let me go to eg the Driveclub store in-game, auto sorted by newest first.

The DLC car (free or paid) shows up locked in the car selection in-game anyway. All you have to do is select the DLC car and a menu comes up bringing you to the psn download page.

Top Bottom