• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub dev "had confidence" servers would work - compensation possible

BajiBoxer

Banned
People paid 60$ for a service? Seems like there aren't getting anything what they actually paid for.

You won't have any problem if you order food from Dominos and delivery boy comes 6 hours later?

That's a really terrible example, unless you only play a game once for an hour at a specific planned for time, then throw it in the trash.

If Suckerpunch got rocked with layoffs for no apparent reason I can't even begin to imagine what the driveclub devs will look like In a few months time. Will the studio even exist?

btkadams

I've loved evolution's games (and what I've played of offline driveclub), but this launch has been complete bullshit. I took time off work this week, assuming I'd be playing the crap out of this game. It has been very disappointing.

I just want them to recognize how long we've waited for this, after it was delayed from the ps4 launch mere weeks before the expected release. And then the outrageous period of silence before they started talked about the game again. Here we are, waiting again, and they've had little to say about it, aside from vague comments about improvements being made. There's still no idea of when this will be fixed.

hamchan

If Suckerpunch got rocked with layoffs for no apparent reason I can't even begin to imagine what the driveclub devs will look like In a few months time. Will the studio even exist?

Hopefully. Sony doesn't have another studio that makes these sorts of arcadey racing games anymore.

1. The month isn't over. It's been 6 days since it was supposed to show up on the store.
2. The PS+ version isn't cancelled.
3. They said it will be released once the server software is patched.

so hi, it's me from the future.

we're gonna reach 2 weeks soon that's half the time of a monthly subscription, even though the reality is that it's the 3rd week of the month.

still don't think we deserve a free month just for the sake of keeping userbase happy?

UberTag

Returned my sealed copy back to Amazon yesterday.
Will give it another chance when it's functional in 2-3 years as a free Plus giveaway after Evolution has been gutted and no longer exists.

so hi, it's me from the future.

we're gonna reach 2 weeks soon that's half the time of a monthly subscription, even though the reality is that it's the 3rd week of the month.

still don't think we deserve a free month just for the sake of keeping userbase happy?

Well we did get 3 free games this month on PS4 anyways.

Is this still not working as it should for those who bought the full version? I'm seeing some people report as much on the OT.

If that's the case, I really can't believe what I'm seeing. We're approaching two weeks past launch with significant issues still, and the PS+ version nowhere to be seen. And they think minimal communication and info on a need-to-know basis is the best way to handle this situation.

I don't want Evolution to go under at all, but this is the kind of shit that makes games bomb and devs shut down. Has Sony been working with them to get this resolved ASAP? Because if they're not they really need to get in there and help Evo out.

Tegernako

Banned
Will give it another chance when it's functional in 2-3 years as a free Plus giveaway after Evolution has been gutted and no longer exists.
It's perfectly fine to be upset but it's not like they wanted this to happen. I think that's going to far. Both your sentiment and the developers sentiment are entwined with this whole situation, they arne't feeling happy about this I can promise you that much.

Slightly off topic but every time a big game releases, we have these kind of problems and yet some people actually think we may see next gen consoles that are digital download only and without disk drives or even streaming machines only.
No chance lol.
Uh, Xbox One has done/did just fine. It's just PSN or that Driveclub server bug. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Phamit

Worst thing is propably that sony send me a message that I could download my Pre-Order Bonuses but it still won't work

Prototype

I don't understand people quoting some posts saying "logic bomb" or "amen" about defending evo/DC.

Why do other companies /games get blown up and crusades started but DC/evolution gets a pass?

Where was the voice of temperance for other companies online mistakes?

Tegernako

Banned
Yeah, that's the logic. I bought it, and I'm not mad. Logic and rational thought tells me that no one is more concerned with this game being broken than Evo.
My opinion is right! Other opinions are invalid! Seriously, think about what you are saying for a second.

Stop doing this. Benghazi and Watergate are way different. One is way newer and involves tragedy. There's a reason it isn't being used by grown adults in place of Watergate when talking about trivial scandals.
http://i.imgur.com/BfVcg4v.gif

Let's try it with humans instead of a company since you can't seem to relate to them as a studio:

Good luck to your daughter when her painting is disqualified because it turns out she's colorblind. She thought it looked rad, you thought it looked rad before she turned it in for class and you made sure by even looking up close when she asked, but oops. It doesn't fit the class mural one bit because it turns out the color is just plain wrong.

But damn her. No sympathy for that. So what if she's going to find a way to fix it. She'll never live down the mess of being wrong at the art show.

Too dramatic?
Dear god....

3IeZ1vP.gif

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

That sound very harsh, way too harsh... Evolution does not deserve to be gutted and closed down.

SRTtoZ

Listen, I'm frustrated too but that's pretty harsh and a bit shitty to hope for.

I hope you lose your job. Wishing that a studio gets shutdown is disgusting.

If you really believe this, you're a shitty person. These people have families to support, you want them all to lose their jobs because their game didn't work right at launch?

Papacheeks

Banned
If you really believe this, you're a shitty person. These people have families to support, you want them all to lose their jobs because their game didn't work right at launch?

If that's his line of thinking, I wonder what his thoughts were on BF4 when it launched?

TwIsTeD

I spent the better part of this weekend playing - it's not half bad but still embarassing that such a basic function of being able to connect to servers for leaderboards/club leveling is unavailable most of the time - but no matter - this game really doesn't have legs

KAL2006

Banned
Holy fuck so this game is still not fully working. Will any people who bought the game get any compensation. After Battlefield 4 fiasco no one should ever pre order a game where online is a significant portion of a game. Hell I regret pre ordering Destiny and that's not because of server issues that's simply because the game didn't live up to its hype. But seriously folks never pre order anything, wait for impressions, reviews or news about server issues. The only time I'm ever pre ordering a game ever again in the future is if it's a port of a game I really like like GTAV or a sequel to an IP I'm a die hard fan of such as a Street Fighter sequel. Everything else I can wait for.

I spent the better part of this weekend playing - it's not half bad but still embarassing that such a basic function of being able to connect to servers for leaderboards/club leveling is unavailable most of the time - but no matter - this game really doesn't have legs

This may be a bit off-topic, but would you elaborate on this? I'm interested in hearing about impressions of the actual game.

Relativ9

Still not online huh? I tried getting on for the tenth or so time before the weekend with no luck. I keep hearing about people getting online sporadically, seems like it should be as simple as increasing server capacity.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Video games people. Makes you wish people lost their livelihoods.

Holy fuck so this game is still not fully working. Will any people who bought the game get any compensation. After Battlefield 4 fiasco no one should ever pre order a game where online is a significant portion of a game. Hell I regret pre ordering Destiny and that's not because of server issues that's simply because the game didn't live up to its hype. But seriously folks never pre order anything, wait for impressions, reviews or news about server issues. The only time I'm ever pre ordering a game ever again in the future is if it's a port of a game I really like like GTAV or a sequel to an IP I'm a die hard fan of such as a Street Fighter sequel. Everything else I can wait for.

Compensation? If Sony wants to compensate me for a 15 hour Tour mode that I'm not even half way done yet because I spent the last week and a half unlocking cars by going through 55 tracks in Time Trials and Single Events with various day/night cycles. Then sure. And that's with me barely touching drift events. A significant portion of the game is working fine.

Bringing up Destiny that has no single player to speak of and doesn't work period with an internet connection or Battlefield 4 which outside of its 6 hour mediocre campaign, has no options besides its multiplayer?

Your right though, never pre order any game again. Wait for impressions, reviews or news about server issues. When that's sorted out and you actually buy the game, that's when you should actually go out of your way to comment on it.

FordGTGuy

Banned

To be fair gutted doesn't mean everyone being fired but more along the lines of displaced to other development studios at Sony. Not that I think Evolution should be gutted personally, honestly I don't know what to think of the subject without some more insider information into the studio.

If "lose their livelihood" means "get fired because you release a poor product," well yes, that's typically what happens in the world. You get rewarded for an excellent product and there are dire consequences for releasing subpar things. If these folks at Evo are talented enough, they could easily find employment elsewhere within Sony right?

If he put out a non-working product, I'd hope he loses his job too.
But drive club works fine, I've been playing it since day one. It's just the online that was broken and even that is working now. Some people in this thread make it sound like the game is completely broken and can't be played at all. That's a bold faced lie. And to those who wish other people loose their job over this, you must not be adults yet to realize how disgusting that is.

<goes back to enjoy drive club>

Top Bottom