• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Japan complete preview - Free DLC releasing Monday, Jan 19

How do you get into the multiplayer time trial mode? I haven't spotted it so far.

Secondly, any word on when the new Japanese tracks will make the multiplater races list?

It's just in the normal list of MP events, it's colour coded purple. As for the new tracks in the MP rotation, I thought they said that would be implemented today.

Footos22

Finally started this for the first time last night.. Loving it already, so good.
Need some people in my club. Club name is SkidMcMarks

B74timmIEAAGOB6.png:large

Shaneus

Yeah, the reviews have hardly done the game justice, and a sequel would give them an opportunity to "reboot," as it were. Maybe they could release a Spec II as a retail release to snag some reviews and attention, but still apply it as an update for current users. That may even earn them some bonus points with reviewers and consumers. "They're giving away the sequel for free??"

Then again, I imagine some will call it an admission they had no business charging for the first one. ><
Yeah, I can see a "Here's your 6/10 bitches"/GOTY edition including all the patches and updates getting released, possibly alongside the PS+ version coming out maybe? Wouldn't be a stupid move.

I ordered the steelbook alongside the PS+ discounted full version. I do not regret for a second ordering it, it's the most beautiful steelbook I've ever laid eyes on. If there's one thing the folks at Evo are good at, it's design.

nasanu

Banned
The amount of droplets is actually pretty realistic.

ncavqx.png

The unrealistic aspect is that they don't fuse and spool together to form larger droplets, so in this respect it's actually much easier to drive in Driveclub than in real life. They don't even distort your vision/camera lens that much like in the real world, you can still get a pretty decent view of the road in DC.

Real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=endgHz0AVg8&t=6m05s

DC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZsbXhcIC1I&t=0m40s

In reality there is a camera, you can see it. Where is the camera floating above the car in DC? It does not exist in the game world and there for should not interact with the game world collecting rain.

RiverKwai

In reality there is a camera, you can see it. Where is the camera floating above the car in DC? It does not exist in the game world and there for should not interact with the game world collecting rain.

I have never seen my driver's feet either. None of these cars should be able to move.

RiverKwai

If you look down while in dash cam you can watch their legs move on and off the pedals, but I can't say I've seen feet.

That's why I said feet. :)

I feel like I've just uncovered a conspiracy here. What have you done, Rushy? Why are all these footless people being forced into slave-racing for our pleasure?

I just got driveclub, beautiful game.

i went straight to the time trial on Japan and im trying to figure out how to make the race last longer than 1, lap. I just want to drive around with the dynamic weather for like 30 minutes.

nib95

Banned

Much of Driveclub's visual effects are actually from the perspective of being viewed through a crystal clear camera or lens, including glare, lens flare, light exposure compensation and adjustment, depth of field effects etc. The rain droplets and their aesthetics are just one more of those things.

Derpyduck

Banned
I like the new tracks/Japan. They're colorful and bright in a way that I didn't find any of the others to be. They're also a drifting fans wet dream.

I just got a new pair of Astro A50s and the game sounds amazing in 7.1, unlike a bunch of other games I've tried with 7.1 enabled.

viveks86

i went straight to the time trial on Japan and im trying to figure out how to make the race last longer than 1, lap. I just want to drive around with the dynamic weather for like 30 minutes.

Time trials on circuits last as long as you keep driving. It doesn't end after 1 lap. Be sure to pick a circuit and not a point to point track, since point to point track don't finish where they start (hence the term)

forms

Compared to games featuring cars, what does this feel like? GTA? Test Drive Unlimited? Forza? Stunt Car Racer on the Amiga?

I've noticed that the rain and windscreen wiper sounds are much, much clearer after the update. I was wearing headphones before and after the update, and before I could only hear the wipers and rain clearly on the grid before the race started.

Thunder sounds are a bit more prominent as well (I drive in-car view).

Great tracks too. Not picked a favourite yet.

Yeah, it sounds like you picked a point to point course. Ya gotta get a circuit where you do actual laps.

the new tracks are such a joy to play...

I was genuinely smiling at a few points at how fun the new smooth open roads and incredible scenery is, the game can really charm you with how fun it is.

The new Japan tracks are my favorites by far.

Agree, they're super fun to play and look better than the originals. Canada looks nice though.

Mann, DriveClub has gotten very good since October, i would recommend the game to anyone looking for a tight racing game ! It's really among the best games right now for me if not one of the best racing games i've ever played ! It's damn good !

anyone having issues with trophies?

since this update, I finished the semi-pro event with 7/9 stars and nothing. restarted the game and system and no trophy.

desu

anyone having issues with trophies?

since this update, I finished the semi-pro event with 7/9 stars and nothing. restarted the game and system and no trophy.

Stupid question, did you finish as #1? Trophy only seems to unlock when you finish in first place, which I guess you most likely did.

asmudge

Banned
The AI ''fix'' is disappointing. Its still braindead on straights. I had a avantra crash into my slow ass mono up from behind a dozen of times yesterday and i gave it a whole lane of space almost every time. Pathetic for 2015 standards.......

Also the dominating trophy still doesnt seem fixed.

Overall the game is pretty good just wish they remove all the invisible walls or at least push them further away from the track. I like how a few times i went flying on the badnipur or something track when my car slid of the track and ran over the few bumps that arent cut off by invisible barriers.

Some better damage modeling/parts flying off would make sense considering what they did with motorstorm which i still think is more next gen then drive club.

Mabufu

Banned
The AI ''fix'' is disappointing. Its still braindead on straights. I had a avantra crash into my slow ass mono up from behind a dozen of times yesterday and i gave it a whole lane of space almost every time. Pathetic for 2015 standards.......

Also the dominating trophy still doesnt seem fixed.

Overall the game is pretty good just wish they remove all the invisible walls or at least push them further away from the track. I like how a few times i went flying on the badnipur or something track when my car slid of the track and ran over the few bumps that arent cut off by invisible barriers.

Some better damage modeling/parts flying off would make sense considering what they did with motorstorm which i still think is more next gen then drive club.

Why would need the game to spent time processing collisions entities outside the tracks? Every game in the world (except open-world ones) have invisible barriers as boundaries.

asmudge

Banned
Then move them further away at least. Dont care what other games do. Its bad design. Let my car tumble and roll around when i loose traction at high speeds instead just scraping against nothing.

The invisible walls are way to close to the track itself anyway. I done some time trails and only have lap times ruined because my car scratched against something that i didnt thought was there. Even when the track has a cliff right near the collision occurs way before the car even hits the cliff.

Mabufu

Banned
Then move them further away at least. Dont care what other games do. Its bad design. Let my car tumble and roll around when i loose traction at high speeds instead just scraping against nothing.

The invisible walls are way to close to the track itself anyway. I done some time trails and only have lap times ruined because my car scratched against something that i didnt thought was there. Even when the track has a cliff right near the collision occurs way before the car even hits the cliff.

So now you understand that the game punishes you if you dont try to stay on the road.

asmudge

Banned
Your slowly getting there. Now read my post a few more times and eventually you will figure im moaning that the game doesnt punish me enough when i attempt to go off track.

The game counts to 3 when you go ''offtrack'' and resets you so going offtrack couldn't be less punishing. Between that and the invisible walls it does everything it can to help actually.

I love the elevation change on that track, and how you can see where you were a few minutes before.
the 2nd one with all the switchbacks? love that one going downhill in a RUF or absolutely plowing uphill in a Hennessy

all the tracks are pretty awesome, actually... the pavement and corners are so smooth on the first track, and the 3rd and 4th are just stunning with all the cherry blossoms blooming.

There is something about your gif that makes it look more real than before...maybe it's just the new track or the setting..but when I first saw your post, I was like Whoa. o_O

It's the 'ordinary' lighting - which is something I love about DC because real-world lighting is anything but ordinary, and something you don't normally see it in videogames.

There is something about your gif that makes it look more real than before...maybe it's just the new track or the setting..but when I first saw your post, I was like Whoa. o_O
I like that it starts out semi-sunny and then quickly the cloud cover hides the sun's rays and the rain takes over. That's why i always set the weather to dynamic - you get those instances where it may be raining but the sun does peek through, and sometimes the rain stops altogether. Mixes things up nicely.

so many obscure exotics... I mean, I appreciate it because it's kind of cool to really get familiar with cars I don't know very well, but I wish they'd had a few more staples.. the cars a lot of folks really want to drive. maybe a Jaguar or Lexus, Subaru or a GT-R... wish it was 1 car from each category each month instead of many of them either being exotic or hyper. last month was pretty good with the 458 speciale and especially the C7 but this month seems pretty exotic again. I really want a Jag XFRS or F-Type :O or just a S7

Top Bottom