• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Sounds about right. And I play cockpit view, so I barely hear anything other than the engine while driving. Really need to concentrate to hear it, which shouldn't be the case for heavy rain

Out of interest have you ever revved out a car in the rain? I can't hear heavy rain under acceleration. Bit different driving at 50kph/30mph though. :)

nib95

Banned

Putty

Venom 2 time 1:19.0....hard as nails. As Nib pointed out aswell, the last event in Elements is insane, truly insane! The game actually crashed on me during the 3rd race after I'd done banzai times in the first 2 races 8(

xrnzaaas

I love that thing. So much grip.

Yep, BAC is imo the best car from the leightweight ones. I also like to drive the Caterham but it's not as good. Atom is pretty crappy since you can lose grip easily if you're coming out of a corner too aggressively.

Managed to do the final race on the 3rd or 4th restart in chase cam. I feel like I cheated lol. I'm going to do it again later in cockpit view. Now that I've got all the stars, I'm just going to concentrate on racing normally instead of staying in first position for 2 minutes or whatever it was the gold star required you to do.

All Elements races are much easier with the chase cam. I completed all the previous packs with the cockpit view, but it was the Elements tour that convinced me to change cameras. I know that most of the immersion is gone that way, but my times have greatly improved.

danowat

Banned
Just going back to the DLC tours to mop up, finished the ignition one.

The KTM TT was a bit nasty, low speed grip round the hairpins is so low!!!

viveks86

Out of interest have you ever revved out a car in the rain? I can't hear heavy rain under acceleration. Bit different driving at 50kph/30mph though. :)

Obviously it's debatable whether you should hear it under full rev, but let go of the accelerator while in motion. You should hear the rain hammering the windshield in cockpit view, regardless of car. Not the case in the game. It's there, but it's just too feeble.

Yep, BAC is imo the best car from the leightweight ones. I also like to drive the Caterham but it's not as good. Atom is pretty crappy since you can lose grip easily if you're coming out of a corner too aggressively.

How dare you dis the Atom!! There's very few tracks the other lightweights can compete with a well driven Atom, mastering the beast takes time tho :)

xrnzaaas

I probably meant the KTM after reading danowat's post, because I admit taking hairpins in that car is a struggle... they all look the same to me. ;)

T_Exige

@T_Exige, you aren't drifting clean. Spinning out and backtracking is cheesing the game and doesn't promote fair play. Backtracking will be prohibited in the next update anyway. Just a heads up

Ok sorry, never thought about it, because it is all you see in the challenges. It is good they are removing this.

Gacha-pin

my ps4 is downloading something!? probably 速度落とせ(`・ω・´)
LVhJPpZ.jpg

Auctopus

New Features: (Bolded my favourites)

* Adds a new online game mode: Multiplayer Time Trial
* Adds five new tracks in Japan, offering 11 variants in total
Gameplay Improvements:

* Makes changes to AI drafting behaviour, .
* Makes changes to the impact of world collisions whilst driving on a straight, to reduce the amount of drag and speed lost from impact.
* Adds a new option to Event Settings to race without crowd, track infrastructure and corner flags.
* Adds the option to browse and register for Multiplayer events via the Social Hub.
* Windscreen wiper speeds have been changed.
* A bug with AI car wing mirrors not showing a reflecltion has now been fixed.
* Disables overscan compensation when playing via Remote Play.
* Adds a link to the PlayStation®Store to the DRIVECLUB Home menu.
* Also includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Photomode Improvements:

* Adds the option to reset damage and remove dirt when taking a photo.
* Adds the option to permanently hide camera movement controls when accessing Photo Mode.
* Players can now access Photo Mode while using a steering wheel via R3.
* Players can now move the camera while OSD is disabled in photo mode.

Add-ons (coming January 27-29):

* Adds support for the Icona Vulcano, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download later in January.
* Adds support for the Apex Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January.
This Expansion Pack includes the Apex Car Pack and Apex Tour Pack.
* The Apex Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Enzo Ferrari, Caterham R500 Superlight, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Centennial Edition, McLaren 650S Coupe, and Jaguar C-X75 Prototype Edition.
* The Apex Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for the Sakura Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January.
* The Sakura Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hey guys is the update out?

Also what is the point of crowd option? How does that affect gameplay? Or it just for aesthetics?

Auctopus

Hey guys is the update out?

Also what is the point of crowd option? How does that affect gameplay? Or it just for aesthetics?

Aesthetics. I suppose they're moving towards the notion of giving you the option of driving without it being a competition. Not to mention the benefits of removing crowd and flags on photomode.

Shaneus

5.87GB. And that's the whole update, too... not like last time where it was ~8GB but ~5 had already been downloaded or something.

Came home from a few days away to realise I'd turn downloading during standby off :(

T_Exige

The last part of the download is slow ... Lol

Any news if they fixed the challenge trophy? No more tricks to unlock?

I know many cars, but never heared about the Icona Vulcano. Exited to see how this car drives and sounds!

Rushy

Aesthetics. Especially useful option for photo mode.
Well, I think you'll be surprised how much you relied on the corner flags without even realising! It make things much harder without them, so its great for challenges to turn them off to see who really knows the tracks inside out.

Vaga

Finally we can remove the flags, was getting a bit annoyed with then messing my photos, plus the new japanese tracks seem to be plagued by them so a very well thought option.

Gonna stream as soon as the update is done, I'm curious about the weather updates.

Rushy & Evo team you're killing us with the amazing support, keep it up please :)

Shaneus

Well, I think you'll be surprised how much you relied on the corner flags without even realising! It make things much harder without them, so its great for challenges to turn them off to see who really knows the tracks inside out.
I think he was talking about just the crowd, but I love the idea for removing the track flags... I rely on them a *lot*, so it'll make for a new challenge!

Keep up the good work, Rushy. We all love and appreciate it :)

Auctopus

Didn't even think of that, great idea.

FireSol

THIS!!! Just tryed it at Nakasendo and that was FUN as hell, but it also shows how great and elegant solution this flags are. And Nakasendo is not my favorite track in the game...no hud, no flags, cockpit view

benzy

They're a huge savior for night racing. Venom Hot Lap 3 rainy night, no corner flags.

home-alone_682.gif

Balls! That's me knackered on the P2P track challenges!

Mitch

Banned
Was hoping to get a race or two in before work, but I underestimated how big the update was going to be. From the patch notes it seems like a great update. Looking forward to getting back into the game.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The first couple of gb went real fast, then everyone came online. Guess I'll wait till morning now. :-/

Shaneus

Rainbows look a little overdone and excessive, I think. Or maybe I just need to get used to them... but I definitely don't see them IRL as much as I have in DC so far (and I live in Melbourne, where the weather is perpetually shit).

Rainbows look a little overdone and excessive, I think. Or maybe I just need to get used to them... but I definitely don't see them IRL as much as I have in DC so far (and I live in Melbourne, where the weather is perpetually shit).

I don't think they would have been aiming for realism with how often they appear. If they were, you would hardly ever see them. I think sometimes you have to ignore realism for the sake of atmosphere and effect.

desu

Anyone got screens for rainbows and haze (for the people stuck and at work hand having to download it at 10kbs later today xD).

Is rainbows our Sir Price?

DHC, your MP time trial idea came to life!

Also what is "track infrastructure", like the red and white barriers, cones 'n' shit?

benzy

Guys, they also updated the cockpit rain sounds. I can actually hear the rain hitting when revving in cockpit. =D There's also more mist/splash sound from the tires in the wet.

so-good.gif

Top Bottom