• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

kie25

Does it tell you if users are using pads or wheels on the leader boards? I thought it didn't have that information? I feel like most of the world record times I've watched on YouTube are from people claiming they're using wheels.
I have most top people on my friends list and club, eb4tilky uses pad and auto gears, DJW GT uses pad manual gears, TRP BUTTON Uses pad Manual gears, Insane Birch uses Pad auto gears, blazinslatz uses pad not sure on gears, redcommaeo uses pad and auto and manual, I will message some others and ask them as I have loads top drivers on my list. Allot people on youtube claim they have records but there in cars that the real top drivers don't even try and go for, I went on a few tracks other day in Enzo and was getting records in 2 laps they were easy to get.

kie25

That's absolutely insane. Wow.

So gooooooooood.

Man, between this and the official 2.50 update, Sony and teams are doing work! Nice!

Also, are we ever getting split times added during multi-lap races? I'm pretty sure I've yet to see that, and it's something I've really liked in other games as it allows you to see yourself getting quicker and quicker as you complete more laps. Has anyone ever heard of anything on that front?
I requested this feature when I was at evo studios last month, as I suggested it for all races to have our best lap shown along with our last and splits to our best lap. Like f1 games.

Putty

I requested this feature when I was at evo studios last month, as I suggested it for all races to have our best lap shown along with our last and splits to our best lap. Like f1 games.
Yep, I look forward to that. Also Kie, you can't drive for Toffee.

Denur

I would really like that feature too.

Care to tell about your experience at Evo studios? Like, did you hear anything about how they have experienced the DC development, the game's release and the future for DC(2)? Anything not limited by a NDA of course.

I'm going to have to retire Driveclub because the sticks are too awful on the PS4 pad, when playing I'm getting a sweaty left thumb and slippage.

Rushy pls get the controller programmer at Evos to knock up some HID non-FFB Logitech drivers.

kie25

I would really like that feature too.

Care to tell about your experience at Evo studios? Like, did you hear anything about how they have experienced the DC development, the game's release and the future for DC(2)? Anything not limited by a NDA of course.
I only got shown last months new dlc before it came out, also giving feedback on what I would like to see in driveclub, and some leaderboard stuff.

Putty

I only got shown last months new dlc before it came out, also giving feedback on what I would like to see in driveclub, and some leaderboard stuff.

Think you're the special one huh? Pfft. Gimme a lap start and I'd tear you s new @rsehole!

kie25

Think you're the special one huh? Pfft. Gimme a lap start and I'd tear you s new @rsehole!
you can have 2 laps ;) . If anyone is interested I'll be streaming Driveclub hotlap 2 world record attempt tonight, from about 7pm onwards, add kie25 on psn or follow kie25 on twitch, hopefully I can get it tonight was streaming last night when I got my 16.3.

benzy

Improves the atmospheric visual effects further by improving heathaze and introducing mirages, which are visible on the road when light is refracted by hot air.

Was wondering when racing games would include these. Awesome.

mir10m.jpg

I'm going to have to retire Driveclub because the sticks are too awful on the PS4 pad, when playing I'm getting a sweaty left thumb and slippage.

Rushy pls get the controller programmer at Evos to knock up some HID non-FFB Logitech drivers.

Try some DS4 grips while Evo possibly tries to get Logitech wheels compatible. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NSLGW2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I've had the issue with a challenge I put out based on the night lights tour event - The actual challenge is for 4 laps around Kobago with the Atom (there's 2 of us with times in the 6 minute range) yet for anyone doing it now the number of laps is set to 1. I get lots of single lap race challenges which make me think this is an ongoing issue.

Ah yes, I saw your challenge. Was wondering why your time was considerably longer.

Ebolarama

Banned
The single player unlocking of the Ferrari 599XX makes me happy. Somehow Evolution read my mind as I was thinking it should just be allowed for all (no sense in leaving an exquisite car like that so roped off).
It's pretty much like we're getting the standard 6 cars this month.

edit: of course, you need to put in the time to reach level 50, so it's not exactly free.

585 stars, all cockpit/manual/hudless. Woohoo.

Do we know what day the patch is coming? (EU)

Also, more slower cars/dry/day tour events please. Getting a bit tired of hyper cars and precipitation/darkness now, starting to feel a bit gimmicky.

585 stars, all cockpit/manual/hudless. Woohoo.

Do we know what day the patch is coming? (EU)

Also, more slower cars/dry/day tour events please. Getting a bit tired of hyper cars and precipitation/darkness now, starting to feel a bit gimmicky.

I agree, some sort of "summer" themed packed would be welcome, along with new hatches

Skii

This month's cars and the update is absolutely brilliant work by Evolution. Such dedication to ensuring the gamers have the best experience possible for Driveclub.

Such a shame that no one other than the dedicated fans of Driveclub will ever appreciate the effort put in.

This month's cars and the update is absolutely brilliant work by Evolution. Such dedication to ensuring the gamers have the best experience possible for Driveclub.

Such a shame that no one other than the dedicated fans of Driveclub will ever appreciate the effort put in.

Hopefully once the PS+ version hits more people will buy the game and see how much it has to offer.

nib95

Banned

Your grips are probably worn down. Just order some original replacements on eBay and swap them out. Very cheap and easy to do, and will give very you back that grainy grippy tactility.

Skii

Hopefully once the PS+ version hits more people will buy the game and see how much it has to offer.

Yeah hopefully. It would be absolutely awful if this game doesn't get a sequel because of the unjustified slander dished out by the gaming media. I'd love to play Driveclub 2 with a whole bunch of new tracks and cars as well as Evolution pushing the PS4 to its absolute limit nearer the end of the generation.

DrKelpo

Banned
i recently returned to the game and again having a blast with it... also with the recent announcements i think i can't wait much longer to buy the season pass.

great game :)

I can safely say that Evolution studio has beaten Guerilla games as the #1 studio who has supported their game post launch and I'm glad to see Sony studios supporting their games despite the horrible reception from the media. Kudos to both these great teams and I can't wait to drive me some Lambos in my favorite racer!

DrKelpo

Banned
I can safely say that Evolution studio has beaten Guerilla games as the #1 studio who has supported their game post launch and I'm glad to see Sony studios supporting their games despite the horrible reception from the media. Kudos to both these great teams and I can't wait to drive me some Lambos in my favorite racer!

dont forget housemarque, they all did an awesome job supporting their games with new content :)

farmerboy

you can have 2 laps ;).

Seriously though, a handicap function would be a lot of fun. Kinda like when you see a factory car, touring car and f1 do a demonstration at the GPs. They all leave at different times but hit the finish line together.

Would be a "barrel full of monkeys" fun.

lordxar

Think I'm on board with hudless cockpit cam. Not too bad of a change but it kind of sucks not seeing drift scores. Then again, I seem to be driving better overall for some reason. Not sure if the hud stuff was too distracting or if the different view helps or what.

I love the naturalistic settings featured in Driveclubs uniquely regionally themed locations. From the sweeping desert tracks in Chile to the icy hills in Norway, each location is an absolute treat to drive through.

Earlier this evening however I was having a quick blast on the Black Hills track in a hypercar and I came to the realisation that I wish there were more race tracks for racing the really fast cars on. Sometimes racing the super and hypercars on the really narrow tracks is just too twitchy and it can impair the racing.
I already have the season pass and think it's fantastic value but I think I would be up for an extra pack (as long as it wasn't greedily priced) extra to the season pass that contained some real racing tracks like Sepang, Suzuka, Le Mans, Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps, Laguna Seca and Monza. We could have our own GT3 championships!
Actually I'd be happy if they just realeased a bunch of proper racing tracks for the current reagions although I'd be less inclined to pay much for that as they wouldn't have to pay for any licences.

Anyone else agree?

Actually Rushy, if you're out there somewhere, is there any chance that you could add a control to the weather options that controls the %chance of precipitation?

I envision it working by controlling the amount of the race affected (from 0% to 100% in steps of ten or random) by the actual severity of precipitation you have chosen.

Eg. If you pick 'Light precipitation' and then picked '30% chance of precipitation' you would have a race where approximately one third of the race was affected by light precipitation. The exact timing (ie one continuous rainstorm or scattered outbreaks) of the precipitation would be left to the game engine to decide.

If you picked Random precipitation and Random %chance of precipitation it would allow for the engine to entirely control the choices.

I find the current system tends to have rain throughout almost the entire race and really only alters the severity of the rain.

The system I am suggesting would, I feel, allow greater scope for creating more realistic and tailored experiences such as racing on a predominantly sunny day but with light scattered showers or racing on a stormy day with an outbreak of torrential rain.

My love for Driveclub has recently been rekindled, bought the season pass today and holyyyyyy shit. This game is so good. I dropped my old club like a bad habit since they hadn't leveled up for months, and joined a new one. Really, this is the most jaw-droppingly gorgeous game out there. And I'm still horrible at drifting.

Hi guys, new to Gaf! Been playing since launch day and love the game! I'm a casual player though due to university and work, so I was wondering if you guys got any tips and tricks to level up faster? I've been grinding nonstop and I'm only level 35... I finished the main campaign (didn't get all the stars) and I'm working through the other tours but its a drag and Evolution's AI really pisses me off at times.

Love the season pass, can't wait for the lambos to finally make it!

Hi guys, new to Gaf! Been playing since launch day and love the game! I'm a casual player though due to university and work, so I was wondering if you guys got any tips and tricks to level up faster? I've been grinding nonstop and I'm only level 35... I finished the main campaign (didn't get all the stars) and I'm working through the other tours but its a drag and Evolution's AI really pisses me off at times.

Love the season pass, can't wait for the lambos to finally make it!
Welcome man! The only advice I can give you in order for you to level up faster is drifting. If you know how to drift in the game, just choose any car (I chose the Ruf rgt12) you feel comfortable drifting with then find a track and just start drifting. That helped me level up faster.

GobFather

My love for Driveclub has recently been rekindled, bought the season pass today and holyyyyyy shit. This game is so good. I dropped my old club like a bad habit since they hadn't leveled up for months, and joined a new one. Really, this is the most jaw-droppingly gorgeous game out there. And I'm still horrible at drifting.

lol I still can't drift either...

Welcome man! The only advice I can give you in order for you to level up faster is drifting. If you know how to drift in the game, just choose any car (I chose the Ruf rgt12) you feel comfortable drifting with then find a track and just start drifting. That helped me level up faster.

Will do! I'm decent at drifting, just depends on the car. I keep jumping from one to another due to there being so much new content each time I come back! Do you think using a super or hyper car matters? As I'm most comfortable with the performance cars, plus they have my favorites.

Will do! I'm decent at drifting, just depends on the car. I keep jumping from one to another due to there being so much new content each time I come back! Do you think using a super or hyper car matters? As I'm most comfortable with the performance cars, plus they have my favorites.
I'd recommend using a super but any car would do as long as you know how to drift with the car. Also choose time trial instead of the drift mode.

Melchiah

I love the naturalistic settings featured in Driveclubs uniquely regionally themed locations. From the sweeping desert tracks in Chile to the icy hills in Norway, each location is an absolute treat to drive through.

Earlier this evening however I was having a quick blast on the Black Hills track in a hypercar and I came to the realisation that I wish there were more race tracks for racing the really fast cars on. Sometimes racing the super and hypercars on the really narrow tracks is just too twitchy and it can impair the racing.
I already have the season pass and think it's fantastic value but I think I would be up for an extra pack (as long as it wasn't greedily priced) extra to the season pass that contained some real racing tracks like Sepang, Suzuka, Le Mans, Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps, Laguna Seca and Monza. We could have our own GT3 championships!
Actually I'd be happy if they just realeased a bunch of proper racing tracks for the current reagions although I'd be less inclined to pay much for that as they wouldn't have to pay for any licences.

Anyone else agree?

I really don't agree with that. This is what I posted about the tracks before.

Yeah, point-to-point tracks are definitely the star of the show, and road circuits are good as well (eg. Oliver's Landing & Lake Shoji). Particularly those of Canada, Japan and India. I never play the race tracks unless I have to in the tour events, as I find them just boring. Minimalistic scenery, less vertical variety, and need to look at the map due to the lack of corner signs.

I'd definitely be willing to pay for more point-to-points and road circuits, but not race tracks alone as I very rarily play them.

EDIT:

I'm not that good of a drifter either, but I found Lake Shoji a pretty easy track for racking up drifting points. IIRC, I used Ferrari 458 Speciale, as I was levelling up the manufacturer points as well, and it was fairly easy to control.

le-seb

Yeah. I don't want more racing tracks as they're the least interesting ones.
And I also think the number of tracks per location is sufficient as it is, now.
What I definitely do want and am ready to pay for, though, are some new locations.

Now, give me some tropical setting, Evo.
West Indies would be perfect, thanks.

Melchiah

Yeah. I don't want more racing tracks as they're the least interesting ones.
And I also think the number of tracks per location is sufficient as it is, now.
What I definitely do want and am ready to pay for, though, are some new locations.

Now, give me some tropical setting, Evo.
West Indies would be perfect, thanks.

I'd pay for a new location as well, if it included the same amount of PTPs and road circuits as the previous ones.

Shaneus

I just had faceoff against myself on one of the corners. Anyone else experience this?
It's happened to me when I've been the best around one of the corners, usually right when new DLC has come out. Maybe you're on a unique track/car/weather combo? Or just good, of course :)

Top Bottom