• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub Review Thread.

Lower than I expected

Our copy is supposed to arrive this week. Hopefully I'll enjoy it more than some of those lower review score writers.

Salex_

Jesus some of those summaries are brutal. Part of me is glad that glossy graphics aren't enough to hide less-than-stellar gameplay, and a bigger part of me is gutted that it's not reviewing better as I was going to use this as my gateway game to justify a PS4 ;-)

It's not getting bad reviews because of the gameplay. Did you read any gameplay impressions from people who have been playing the game for the last few days?

Review scores in general are getting lower. I welcome this. This game was probably a 8.5 last Gen but this Gen its a more realistic 7ish.

sublimit

Banned
Never cared for reviews (positive or negative) especially from big sites.The opinions from certain GAF members hold much more merit for me and from what i've read in the OT so far people seem to enjoy the game a LOT.

Still very excited to try the PS+ version and judge for myself.

killatopak

Where's early retail guy that said the game would is absolutely 9+ for review.

Anyway, gonna try the PS+ version. Let's go!

Ricky_R

No romance :(

tumblr_n9yabmdjqM1qgtg29o1_500.gif

Looked soulless from the very beginning and the EGX demo was so startlingly mediocre. Really wish I had an Xbone for FH2; can't believe NFS Rivals is still the best racing game on PS4, which isn't saying much.

Foshy

I found GT sterile as all hell and the only feeling I got from Driveclub is " We want it to look better than GT."

I don't know, I absolutely love the locations they chose for DC.

Yeah, the menus are very simple with no fuss attached. Does that make the game "bland", seriously?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That is indeed quite low. Hmm...

I hope this doesn't continue to deter developers from making circuit based games. I've come to realize that open world racing games just aren't for me. :\

naeS

Whatever, I played it this morning and it was really fun. Even better once we get the GAF League going.

baconcow

lol@ Metacritic user review:

waiting a year for this **** Few cars, few circuits, stages of cardboard, old lighting techniques. And this is the power of PS4? PS4 is a radiator to warm the house in winter and in summer I use it as a paperweight.

yeah,ok.gif

Scores are slightly lower than expected, but the overall criticisms are pretty much in line with what I expected.

Personality and content.

Dahaka

This i one of the main reasons I don't bother with review's anymore. So much fluff without any depth or reasoning. It's like a college kid trying to impress his professor with his essay.

"Worthülse" as we'd say in Germany. I fucking hate them. Facebook-era has exploded the usage as well.

krioto

Jesus some of those summaries are brutal. Part of me is glad that glossy graphics aren't enough to hide less-than-stellar gameplay, and a bigger part of me is gutted that it's not reviewing better as I was going to use this as my gateway game to justify a PS4 ;-)
Sure you were

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hope this doesn't mean anything... I truly do hope that Evolution will be fine and that they will continue doing what they love.

Sendou

Every game ever made?

This comes up every time when an anticipated game doesn't get 9/10 and 10/10 across the board. Even 8/10 isn't good enough in some cases. Surprise! People have different opinions. Just because others dislike a game and write about it doesn't have to mean anything regarding to how you perceive the game when playing it.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I find it hard to believe games like NFS: The Run and 2012 Most Wanted will be higher rated than this.

Giving a part of the game away was the smartest thing Sony could have done. Unless it's legitimately unfun, it's immune to bad scores for a little bit.

I haven't played Driveclub, so it could be pretty mediocre on its own accord, but I cringe to think what the Metacritic will be on The Crew when it launches with the "driving a cat on ice skates" default handling.

Top Bottom