• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

I can't seem to enter photo-mode, though. I press the right side of my touch-pad, but nothing happens. Do I have to enable it in a menu first or something? I'm up to date in terms of patches, and my touch-pad works fine in other games.

Edit: Never mind, it hadn't finished installing. I'll wait for it to finish and try again.

This has been mentioned by a few guys in the OT - not seen a cure for it yet but Rushy was looking into it.

Dear god the AI in this game combined with the extreme off track punishment aggravate the hell out of me! Running first in a race, guy in second bashes me lightly into the wall, I just scrape it, maybe lose a little paint but I'm now going so slow the entire field come flying past an inch between each of them and each one bashing me again into the wall.

Honestly racing online is cleaner!

Dear god the AI in this game combined with the extreme off track punishment aggravate the hell out of me! Running first in a race, guy in second bashes me lightly into the wall, I just scrape it, maybe lose a little paint but I'm now going so slow the entire field come flying past an inch between each of them and each one bashing me again into the wall.

Honestly racing online is cleaner!

You can't have played online much as I've never had the AI deliberately swerve across the track to stick me in a wall....

The slow down for going off the track is more harsh than it was at first, but it was being abused by guys riding the barriers etc hence the current severity. I believe they are looking at reducing how much you get slowed on the straights at least.

You can't have played online much as I've never had the AI deliberately swerve across the track to stick me in a wall....

The slow down for going off the track is more harsh than it was at first, but it was being abused by guys riding the barriers etc hence the current severity. I believe they are looking at reducing how much you get slowed on the straights at least.

I've not raced much online TBH but the races I have done the back 3 get in a crash fest but once you are clear you can generally have a good race.

The AI is just a bit too weird in this game for my liking, like the example I just talked about then, after they zoomed past the AI then all slow down to let me catch up - its not like a race its like a procession with varying speed/skill designed to keep action around the player at all times. I guess some people prefer this?

I find it a strange setup, nearly everything about drive club screams serious straightforward honest racer but then it has this AI providing this almost fake race environment.

ironcreed

Banned
Game is insanely beautiful. Although it seems a shit load harder than most racers I've played lately.

I have noticed that as well. It starts off being cake for awhile, but all of the sudden I am getting my ass kicked left and right. It's tough for sure.

I also feel that sometimes the cars can spin out all too easily. Sometimes it's like I am on ice, even when I am slowing down sufficiently around corners. It of course varies from car to car, though.

I've not raced much online TBH but the races I have done the back 3 get in a crash fest but once you are clear you can generally have a good race.

The AI is just a bit too weird in this game for my liking, like the example I just talked about then, after they zoomed past the AI then all slow down to let me catch up - its not like a race its like a procession with varying speed/skill designed to keep action around the player at all times. I guess some people prefer this?

I find it a strange setup, nearly everything about drive club screams serious straightforward honest racer but then it has this AI providing this almost fake race environment.

There are different levels of AI performance that ramp up as you go through the game, but they all slow down if you crash and go to the back - this is to reduce the frustration factor and give you a chance of competing without having to restart. You can never please everyone but I think they've come up with a pretty good compromise really.

As for online, it very much depends who you are racing of course, you never know what's going to happen.

There are different levels of AI performance that ramp up as you go through the game, but they all slow down if you crash and go to the back - this is to reduce the frustration factor and give you a chance of competing without having to restart. You can never please everyone but I think they've come up with a pretty good compromise really.

As for online, it very much depends who you are racing of course, you never know what's going to happen.

Yeah I can see it being a good compromise for a lot of people just not really 100% my cup of tea.

That being said still having a lot of fun just ultimately finding myself drawn back to project cars (I am a backer and so have access) because of its proper (for want of a better word) racing.

Holy hell though Driveclub is beautiful to look at!

Yeah I can see it being a good compromise for a lot of people just not really 100% my cup of tea.

That being said still having a lot of fun just ultimately finding myself drawn back to project cars (I am a backer and so have access) because of its proper (for want of a better word) racing.

Holy hell though Driveclub is beautiful to look at!

So how does Project Cars feel in comparison to DC? I think DC was always going to be the better looking game on PS4 (1st party, 30 fps) but I'd be interested to hear how the handling is from someone whose played both. My reservations about PC come mainly from hating how NFS Shift felt to drive.

So how does Project Cars feel in comparison to DC? I think DC was always going to be the better looking game on PS4 (1st party, 30 fps) but I'd be interested to hear how the handling is from someone whose played both. My reservations about PC come mainly from hating how NFS Shift felt to drive.

Its doesn't drive anything like shift thank god! There will be moments when something in the visuals will remind you of shift but handling wise they are absolutely worlds apart. For me PCars is the game that shift should've been before EA messed it up, the game it should have been and some!

I have had my reservations as i've played as to how well they've got the controller dialled in but as they finish tweaking the physics and the controller setup it is really coming together (GT3 tier is my personal favourite).

Compared to DC though it is much less forgiving to drive (as you'd expect in a sim). You are going to need to respect car physics, mid corner braking etc. is going to cause problems. If you play and like GT/Forza though you should have no problems adapting.

PC does an excellent job of raw racing excitement, the sounds and the atmosphere is top notch, way above the other console sims.

I really hope people enjoy it, its been a lot of work across the entire community let alone the dev team for what now feels like years!

Its doesn't drive anything like shift thank god! There will be moments when something in the visuals will remind you of shift but handling wise they are absolutely worlds apart. For me PCars is the game that shift should've been before EA messed it up, the game it should have been and some!

I have had my reservations as i've played as to how well they've got the controller dialled in but as they finish tweaking the physics and the controller setup it is really coming together (GT3 tier is my personal favourite).

Compared to DC though it is much less forgiving to drive (as you'd expect in a sim). You are going to need to respect car physics, mid corner braking etc. is going to cause problems. If you play and like GT/Forza though you should have no problems adapting.

PC does an excellent job of raw racing excitement, the sounds and the atmosphere is top notch, way above the other console sims.

I really hope people enjoy it, its been a lot of work across the entire community let alone the dev team for what now feels like years!

Great info, cheers :) Prolly best not to derail the thread any more but I'll definitely check it out on release.

Z8xMk8u.gif

The wiper blades cause distortion to the image on the F1 when it cleans the windshield, gives it a nice effect. ( left of screen as they turn the corner). Never seen it this pronounced.

Tabby

We're getting a new version of Carmageddon. When I last checked, it looked nowhere near as good as Driveclub :/
Last I checked it ran abysmal. It's still early access so I can't complain.

OG Carma with Driveclub graphics would be so good.

Yoshi88

Quick question from a new Driveclub owner (80 pages to read are bit much):

Is the weather incorporated in some tours at all? Like in the season pass tours after the update? Or is the only way to experience the weather update still doing single races?

desu

Quick question from a new Driveclub owner (80 pages to read are bit much):

Is the weather incorporated in some tours at all? Like in the season pass tours after the update? Or is the only way to experience the weather update still doing single races?

Starting the Elements DLC tour you have weather races included.

Yoshi88

Starting the Elements DLC tour you have weather races included.

Thanks. Now i get, why everybody thinks, the Season Pass is awesome. Might have to bite soon then. I loooove racing in a dark, rainy mountain pass. This game is so awesome.

desu

Thanks. Now i get, why everybody thinks, the Season Pass is awesome. Might have to bite soon then. I loooove racing in a dark, rainy mountain pass. This game is so awesome.

Wait until you've seen the final Elements DLC race, it's really insane.

Top Bottom