• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2013 Site lists The Last Guardian

DJwest

I imagine myself to enter a gaming store in the near future:

Taking a look at the consoles...

8GB RAM
8 x86 CPU cores
GCN GPU
fancy new controllers
1080p gaming
decent AA/AF

then taking a look at the games...

GTAV ........................................ -> current gen
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes . -> current gen
Gran Turismo 6 .......................... -> current gen
Dark Souls 2 .............................. -> current gen
The Last Guardian ....................... -> current gen

1361382690-fillion.gif
that post is depressing... these games need to be released on PS4 !

Soriku

8GB RAM
8 x86 CPU cores
GCN GPU
fancy new controllers
1080p gaming
decent AA/AF

1361382690-fillion.gif

lol. You should compare current gen vs next gen console sales though...

Darmik

8GB RAM
8 x86 CPU cores
GCN GPU
fancy new controllers
1080p gaming
decent AA/AF

1361382690-fillion.gif

I think this is going to be a common story for the first year or so. At the very least there'll be lots of cross gen games the first couple of years. Part of the growing pains of being an early adopter I guess.

EP8

Neo Member

8GB RAM
8 x86 CPU cores
GCN GPU
fancy new controllers
1080p gaming
decent AA/AF

Just say "F it" and do this to the clerk
tumblr_mlpmstsd5O1s5c6k4o1_500.gif

Not sure if legit but a former Sony employee confirmed The Last Guardian was moved to PS4 development:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47670232&postcount=249

flattie

If true, what a bow out from the PS3 though. Last of Us, Beyond, Puppeteer, Rain, God of War Ascension, Gran Turismo 6, Last Guardian - plus 3rd party stuff like GTA5, MGS5, Destiny and plenty more. If I wasn't so ready for new hardware I could happily ignore the PS4 for at least a year.

pirata

I think it's going to be at E3, but I seriously doubt it's still on PS3 at this point. And as other people have shown, the site seems a bit wonky (GTAV on PC, dubious games, etc.).

Read above, guy who used to work at SCE says it's been PS4 for a long time now.

No offense to anyone intended, but I'm taking the "believe it when I see it" approach. Knowing Sony, if this was indeed somehow being prepped for PS4 at E3, we would have gotten much, much bigger leaks from them.

Also, sometimes plans just don't come into fruition. They might have targeted moving the game to PS4, then faced issues and scrapped it.

Soriku

I'm sure many bought a PS3 for Versus, TLG, KH3, and P5. It would be a slap to the face if they all shifted over.

Well, P5 at the very least will be for PS3.

I see this all the time, but I don't get it. Why do people buy consoles for games that aren't out yet?

He said one of the reasons. So there are other games he wanted too, but expected TLG for example to be one of the future games he'll get for PS3. That...may or may not happen.

I see this all the time, but I don't get it. Why do people buy consoles for games that aren't out yet?

I said one of the reasons. PS3s current exclusive library has been well worth its purchase. But this is that game i've been waiting for.

I'd be kind of bummed if this wasn't on PS3, not sure if i'm planning on early adopting next gen since I have still have so many games to play this gen.

It also lists Warrior's Lair

Ooh, I hope this is real too - I've been interested in that ever since its first reveal. Change the name back to Ruin though, as Warrior's Lair sounds so friggin' generic.

As for TLG though, I've been burnt too many times and at this point my expectations are rock bottom.

Amikami

Banned
Somebody hold me.

faint-o.gif

I'm just gonna pretend like I never heard this. If it happens, Great, if not, I won't be too disappointed.

I want to believe, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also interesting is that Warrior's Lair is also listed. As well as two of those garbage Invizimal games.

God, what the hell? Keep that crap away from the vita.

ReaperXL7

If true, what a bow out from the PS3 though. Last of Us, Beyond, Puppeteer, Rain, God of War Ascension, Gran Turismo 6, Last Guardian - plus 3rd party stuff like GTA5, MGS5, Destiny and plenty more. If I wasn't so ready for new hardware I could happily ignore the PS4 for at least a year.

Which is kind of the problem atleast for now. If all of your best stuff is coming to your current gen console, and only a handful of support is being given to the new platform then they probably should not expect allot of people to jump on PS4.

I mean hell I have been waiting for the next consoles for a good long time now, but if PS3 is where all the major exclusives will be then ill just buy another PS3, and wait around for the PS4 to gain more support.

Kind of makes me think of the PSP vs. PSVita situation as it was.

I wouldn't be surprised if the listing for TLG was eventually taken down, but I really want it to show up somewhere already. :(

Not that I believe it won't show up, but it feels kinda random that the game is listed amongst other already announced Sony games, while it clearly would be one of the big surprises.

Killah

Isn't there a possibility that its listed as PS3 because it hasn't been officially announced to be moved to PS4?

You guys just wait and see.

TLG will be Sonys megaton to nuke down Xbone

TLG is such a hardcore title, it's an award winner and will have screenshots and people posting about it everywhere.

But it's not going to win game of show, or be a system seller on ps3/4.

Top Bottom