• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Schedule, General Information, and FAQ

Drifters

So Microsoft's conference: Meh.
EA's: more meh.
Ubi's: I expect the meh.
Sony: Please, please, please be good.

Tizoc

The One and Done™;115530765 said:
Can someone recap why Microsofts conference was meh? They announced a couple new IPs that seem pretty cool. Not sure what people want.

Tey showed no gameplay for the last few games they revealed.

Volotaire

Can someone recap why Microsofts conference was meh? They announced a couple new IPs that seem pretty cool. Not sure what people want.

I liked it. It was solid, not mind-blowing but not bad. I would have preferred more gameplay demos of games than teasers of first party.

Amani

I should've known Mirror's Edge 2 would be the only reason I would watch EA's conference >.> oh well, at least there's news about it.

Bradach

I won't be able to watch the Sony conference until about 24 hours from now.

Anyone know where I should bookmark so that I can watch it spoiler free?

Microsoft's E3 was really good. Not mindblowing, but still pretty good, and there were some really greeat moments

Liked how it was game followed immediately by game with short breaks
I actually expect precious time taken up to gloat by Sony

ZenTzen

it wasnt meh, it was just ok, it just consisted of live demos of multiplats, the exclusives were all pretty much games we already knew were coming and all in CG, Halo collection while great isnt anything special either, only real spotlight was sunset overdrive and the hype for that was toned down because of all the info and videos we got prior to e3, thats my take on it

I just watched a recorded version of Xbox's conference on their website.

Will I be able to watch a recorded version of Sony's conference since it's at an inconvenient time? If so, where?

Microsoft certainly got better since last year, but all Sony needs now is a big show for Morpheus to get both the hardcore and the casual media on-board.

RdN

Wow at people here saying that MS conference was "meh". It may not have had all the "megatons" people were expecting, but it was very solid, lot's of great games, no bullshit with numbers, charts, etc.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
i think ubisoft is going to have a good confference with lots of gameplay, sony has the edge throw gameplay and two-three megatons and they win e3

Beefy

Wow at people here saying that MS conference was "meh". It may not have had all the "megatons" people were expecting, but it was very solid, lot's of great games, no bullshit with numbers, charts, etc.

MS conference was waaaay over hyped hence the meh reaction.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
MS conference was waaaay over hyped hence the meh reaction.

agreed alot of cg trailers, and most the games I wanted were multi-platform. There was nothing exclusive wise that would make me rush out and buy a xbox one

Will the Ubisoft conference be streamed on their youtube channel listed in the op? The channel is under "e3 hubs" not "streaming sites" for the conference.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
MS conference didn't capture my imagination at all' They showed a couple of games I'd want, but not worth buying the console for, far from it.

Sony's conference hasn't started yet I already know they will win me over, with whatever Naughty Dogs show :) Better multiplatforms obviously still take my wallet, and I expect a Morpheus showcase I won't be able to resist. More Vita/PS4 connectivity announcements would be the cherry on the cake.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
MS presser was disappointing from MS's side, but ACU gameplay & TR2 announcement been the highlights of E3 for me so far, the Division gameplay was good too
MGSV looked fantastic but off at the same time.
Fuck knows why EA bothered showing up and where was everyone else at MS's presser? is that really all 3rd party devs have to show? unless Sony is gonna drop bombs left right and centre......Nah more likely there is nothing from 3rd parties and We'll get more Indies (I like Indies but its getting too much)

Vlodril

Had no idea where to ask so i thought this is a good place as any. Is there going to be a spoiler free sony thread like previous years for us that cant stay up.

I have to go to the hospital tomorrow and was hoping someone will youtube it so i can get it with me, but i cant see any links for youtube so far.

.GqueB.

Banned

They want what they want and when they don't see what they want they feel underwhelmed.

No mention of ZOE3 makes SONY's conference a complete failure to me. It's what I want.

Soooo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/476106417569808384/photo/1
Bpt4Q3tIEAACgny.jpg:large
Remember how they said he'd be recharged by the time the Digital Event would air?
I personally expect an appearance

Janglewaltz

Neo Member
Is there a list anywhere that displays every single game shown so far from the conferences? Maybe with links to trailers and the likes. I know there is information scattered everywhere but it would be nice to see a list of all the games in order of announcement. Having difficulty find such a list!

d00d3n

I have to say, the gaf servers have held up amazingly well this year. The previous two years you were lucky if you were able to load the main gaming page between the conferences and see some summary threads of stuff you missed, but now everything seems to work perfectly.

My favorite E3 moment so far was when Microsoft had those totally hardcore gaming dudes on and they mentioned IL2-Sturmovik and said "the crowd is going nuts right now"

and then cut to a silent, motionless crowd.

fucking hilarious.

Artex

Banned
I'm going to miss the Sony presser since my plane will be landing around then. Does anyone know where I can watch it after the fact? Hoping to avoid spoilers and just watch it fresh.

Acrylic7

Is Spike going to cover the Sony event on TV?

Man I hope so because the TV quality is way better than these streams.

BadAss2961

Very uneventful E3 so far. Starting to think the event itself isn't all that special anymore.

Sony needs to save the day.

Mit-

What's been the consensus on the streams?

I watched on Spike TV while I could. I found the GameTrailers stream to actually keep HD quality and a consistent framerate (only 30fps though) the entire Ubisoft conference.

Twitch looked like ass.

Any word on UStream/IGN/GameSpot?

I remember kind of liking UStream one year because they did up to 60fps, but it got pixelated a lot.

TriGen

What's been the consensus on the streams?

I watched on Spike TV while I could. I found the GameTrailers stream to actually keep HD quality and a consistent framerate (only 30fps though) the entire Ubisoft conference.

Twitch looked like ass.

Any word on UStream/IGN/GameSpot?

I remember kind of liking UStream one year because they did up to 60fps, but it got pixelated a lot.

GameSpot's worked pretty good for Ubi's conference. Twitch's own stream was brutal.

Acrylic7

Ah crap, I just checked their website and it seems as though we have to watch the Sony conference online only :/

Man that sucks.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if any of the sites, who are actually doing commentary or adding their own content, aren't archiving?

Top Bottom