• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
Ni no Kuni is not a Sony IP.

Wow, you're a real bastard
I think I'm a nice person. I do a lot of charity work. That has to count for something.

Besides, that kind of question has no good answer. Regardless of what is said, there are huge negatives involved for everyone. It's better to be a bastard in that kind of situation. I could just ignore him, but I like him enough to respond since I saw the post.

aly

Ah shit, my life holds no meaning now. TLG really should have been at E3. No bigger platform for a game that has gotten that much hype over the years for not existing.

Does the game really have much hype though outside of enthusiasts and fans? I actually think, it might be more expected at PSX or something of the sort. As a for the fans type of thing.

In regards to game announcements, things can also change at the very last minute.

Let's not forget Bloodborne had a TGS 2013 trailer ready for show if needed, but Sony didn't go through with it.

Or how insiders are saying that a Horizon Reveal trailer exist since last year, but it wasn't used at all.

AESplusF

Besides, that kind of question has no good answer. Regardless of what is said, there are huge negatives involved for everyone. It's better to be a bastard in that kind of situation. I could just ignore him, but I like him enough to respond since I saw the post.

I don't really think you're a bastard, honestly if I had that kind of power I'd be so viciously evil.

RPGamer92

Banned

I think I'm a nice person. I do a lot of charity work. That has to count for something.

I appreciate your teases also. Keeps GAF very lively!

jiggle

Does the game really have much hype though outside of enthusiasts and fans? I actually think, it might be more expected at PSX or something of the sort. As a for the fans type of thing.
They should have a mix of both
Either way will be interesting to see how they juggle announcements for e3,gc,tgs,&psx
Morpheus has to show up at one of them right?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'll make Microsoft and Bethesda predictions...

Microsoft:

The Delta Squad (single player) collection with access to Gears of War 4 multiplayer beta
Gears of War 4 cinematic reveal trailer
Halo 5 campaign demo (also, the conference will open up with this)
Scalebound trailer
Crackdown trailer with emphasis on cloud based physics and how it benefits Crackdown
TitanFall 2 announcement trailer
Battletoads announcement with trailer and release date for Fall 2015
Fallout 4 trailer announcing timed exclusive expansion(s)
Quantum Break demo with example of TV show interaction
Tomb Raider demo

Bethesda:

Fallout 4 announcement trailer with gameplay demo (developed by Obsidian)
Elder Scrolls VI announcement

A lot of this is either obvious or highly unlikely. =P

I-hate-u

Guys, think how boring next years E3 will be if TLG is shown this year. You gotta look at the positive side.

On a more serious note, Boodborne DLC or remasters of Demon's or Dark are all I need from this E3.

Microsoft:

The Delta Squad (single player) collection with access to Gears of War 4 multiplayer beta
Scalebound trailer
Crackdown trailer with emphasis on cloud based physics and how it benefits Crackdown
Tomb Raider demo

Bethesda:

I think Bethesda will be

Fallout 4
Dishonored 2
Console trailer for EOS/more content
Doom 4 cinematic trailer
Battlecry

Bsigg12

Microsoft:

Scalebound trailer
Tomb Raider demo

Bethesda:

In regards to what I bolded, I see this happening.

The Fallout 4 thing, maybe. It'll be interesting with Bethesda going a day before.

Titanfall 2 would be something I would expect at the EA conference.

Everything else is like you said, obvious or unlikely.

I think Bethesda will be

Fallout 4
Dishonored 2
Doom 4 cinematic trailer
Battlecry

I don't think it'll be a console trailer for EOS since it will already be out but rather a trailer announcing an expansion pack which will hit PC first.

The Fallout 4 thing, maybe. It'll be interesting with Bethesda going a day before.

I don't think it'll be a console trailer for EOS since it will already be out but rather a trailer announcing an expansion pack which will hit PC first.

Havent been following eos console port, whats the release date cause then you are right.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think Bethesda will be

Fallout 4
Dishonored 2
Doom 4 cinematic trailer
Battlecry

I forgot about Dishonored 2 in particular, but I think Bethesda having a conference for the first time at E3 does mean some big things are going to be announced for them, which is why I am making that highly unlikely prediction of Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 4. Obviously, to do that, Bethesda would either need a bigger team or a different developer so, what I would hope, is that Obsidian is hired to take on Fallout 4 while Todd Howard's team just went straight from Skyrim to Elder Scrolls VI.

Delta Squad was probably the one thing not really announced (it's been hinted at by insiders, and even denied officially) that I see happening. I also forgot about EA having a conference, so I could see TitanFall 2 being announced there. It also depends on how much they have to show. There could be two trailers for TitanFall 2 showed at each of the conferences (EA would announce TF2 being multiplatform at theirs and Microsoft would announce some exclusive deal at theirs).

I almost expect Bethesda to have the most surprising conference at E3 (and I'm not really saying this as a huge Bethesda fan -- I do like their games, but Elder Scrolls/Fallout aren't really my favorite type of RPGs).

El_Chino

Know anything on the Microsoft side of things?

gocubs

Bethesda:
Doom 4 gameplay
Dishonored 2
Skyrim Remaster edition coming to PS4 and Xbox One Fall 2015
Fallout 4 PS4 Xbox One and PC Fall 2016
Wolfenstine DLC trailer

Stampy

From Sony I am expecting:

- GG new IP (trailer with gameplay)
- Ratchet and Clank gameplay
- Rime gameplay
- SCEJ RPG game announcement - trailer without gameplay
- Media Molecule's new IP announcement - trailer including gameplay and creation aspects
+
- lot's of third party stuff
- standard amount of indies (but still less than previous years), since there are lots of partnerships which have to be covered.

Lakitu

st5fu
Well, as we get closer things start to take shape so my predictions as of now:

Bethesda:
Doom gameplay reveal
Fallout 4 reveal with gameplay
Something from one of the Arkane studios, either Dishonored or Prey

Microsoft:
Halo 5: Guardians campaign demo
Quantum Break demo + release date
Forza Motorsport 6 gameplay trailer
Scalebound gameplay
New Crackdown trailer
Rare's new project revealed, probably Battletoads
New Gears of War teaser + Gears of War collection announcement
New Inside trailer + more exclusive digital/indie titles
Rise of the Tomb Raider demo
The Division demo
Metal Gear Solid V trailer
Probably some more third-party stuff whether it's Bethesda, EA, Activision....

Sony:
Uncharted 4 demo + release date
Tearaway trailer + release date
Sony Bend's new project reveal
Guerrilla's new project reveal
Some Morpheus talk/announcement
Indie games segment with announcements
No Man's Sky footage + release date
F2P games segment
Call of Duty: Black Ops III demo
Star Wars: Battlefront demo
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer
Batman: Arkham Knight trailer
Mad Max demo
Assassin's Creed: Victory demo

EA:
New Need for Speed reveal + gameplay
Boring and long EA sports segment
Boring Sims segment
Star Wars: Battlefront multiplayer demo
Mirror's Edge demo
Mass Effect reveal + trailer

Ubisoft:
Some crappy Just Dance segment
Rainbow Six: Siege demo
Assassin's Creed: Victory trailer
The Division trailer
New announcement (either Watch_Dogs 2 or something else) with a demo

Square-Enix
Rise of the Tomb raider demo or trailer
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided demo
Just Cause 3 demo
Brand new Final Fantasy XV trailer
Brand new Kingdom Hearts III trailer
Maybe a new Square Enix Japan announcement?
Hitman reveal + trailer

Corpsepyre

Banned
Well, as we get closer things start to take shape so my predictions as of now:

Bethesda:
Doom gameplay reveal
Fallout 4 reveal with gameplay
Something from one of the Arkane studios, either Dishonored or Prey

Microsoft:
Halo 5: Guardians campaign demo
Quantum Break demo + release date
Forza Motorsport 6 gameplay trailer
Scalebound gameplay
New Crackdown trailer
Rare's new project revealed, probably Battletoads
New Gears of War teaser + Gears of War collection announcement
New Inside trailer + more exclusive digital/indie titles
Rise of the Tomb Raider demo
The Division demo
Metal Gear Solid V trailer
Probably some more third-party stuff whether it's Bethesda, EA, Activision....

Sony:
Uncharted 4 demo + release date
Tearaway trailer + release date
Sony Bend's new project reveal
Guerrilla's new project reveal
Some Morpheus talk/announcement
Indie games segment with announcements
No Man's Sky footage + release date
F2P games segment
Call of Duty: Black Ops III demo
Star Wars: Battlefront demo
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer
Batman: Arkham Knight trailer
Mad Max demo
Assassin's Creed: Victory demo

EA:
New Need for Speed reveal + gameplay
Boring and long EA sports segment
Boring Sims segment
Star Wars: Battlefront multiplayer demo
Mirror's Edge demo
Mass Effect reveal + trailer

Ubisoft:
Some crappy Just Dance segment
Rainbow Six: Siege demo
Assassin's Creed: Victory trailer
The Division trailer
New announcement (either Watch_Dogs 2 or something else) with a demo

Square-Enix
Rise of the Tomb raider demo or trailer
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided demo
Just Cause 3 demo
Brand new Final Fantasy XV trailer
Brand new Kingdom Hearts III trailer
Maybe a new Square Enix Japan announcement?
Hitman reveal + trailer

Very average for Sony. What would they end at?!

I could just lie to you right now, and you'd believe me, wouldn't you? But would that be cruel, do you think?

It's not going to be at E3.

i don't believe you...its a trap.
If The Last Guardian is really set for an 2016 release, like you said, there is no way Sony won't drop the bomb on this E3

Right? Right? Right?

giphy.gif

Shabad

If The Last Guardian is really set for an 2016 release, like you said, there is no way Sony won't drop the bomb on this E3

They won't let a whole year span between the re-reveal and the -hypothetical- release. If The Last Guardian is indeed a 2016 release, they wouldn't reveal it until early 2016 at best.

Anyway, focusing on new announcements only -no point to ramble about things we already know about- here are my expectations :

Sony
  • Horizon from Guerilla Games
  • Horror Game from Bend Studio
  • New JRPG IP from Level-5 / Japan Studio
  • Smaller Indie Stuff
  • The Last Guardian :cry:

Microsoft
  • Gears of War from Black Tusk
  • Battletoads from Rare with an external production team

Nintendo
  • Quality of Life stuff which I don't care about
  • Animal Crossing U
  • Something from Next Level Games

Bethesda
  • Fallout 4 OR The Elders' Scrolls VI
  • Dishonored 2
  • Doom 4

Square Enix
  • Remakes
  • Ports
  • Remasters

Electronic Arts
  • Mass Effect : Inquisition

Ubisoft
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 :cry:

I feel most of those are possible - bare the spoilers - and would make for a pretty damn good show. Something funny I found out while writing those predictions is that if I could very well name 10 others potential projects from Sony, I would be hard pressed to imagine what's coming next from Microsoft and Nintendo. Microsoft reliance on external studios and Nintendo's nebulous EAD teams make it much harder to predict their future outcome.

They won't let a whole year span between the re-reveal and the -hypothetical- release. If The Last Guardian is indeed a 2016 release, they wouldn't reveal it until early 2016 at best.

In which case, there's nothing to stop Sony from re-revealing it at this year's E3 and releasing it in early 2016. That's less than a year after all.

Servbot24

Banned
i don't believe you...its a trap.

Right? Right? Right?

giphy.gif

No. It's next year's reveal.

Do you really want to wait another 1.5 years between announcement and release?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Who even cares if it's at E3 or not. The actual game quality isn't being improved by developers having to crunch for two months to get a demo for E3.

It's just marketing. If you like their previous game the important bit is that it's in development.

Not that I don't think it's fun to watch E3 and discuss the announcements and vote on what you think is hype. But it's just a spectacle that is unrelated to the quality of the games.

Kyoufu

No. It's next year's reveal.

Do you really want to wait another 1.5 years between announcement and release?

What's wrong with 1.5 years between announcement and release? That's acceptable. You'd think with a hotly anticipated title like TLG that they'd give it more than just 6 months of marketing time.

Guys, you should know better by now when to read into what Verendus says. If he's trolling throughout the entire thread what kind of answer were you expecting when you asked him about TLG.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What's wrong with 1.5 years between announcement and release? That's acceptable. You'd think with a hotly anticipated title like TLG that they'd give it more than just 6 months of marketing time.
The small amount of people that hotly anticipate a game from 2009 can be discounted. If they still remember it, they will find out about it.

TLG is a prestige project with a Duke Nukem Forever meme.

Shabad

The small amount of people that hotly anticipate a game from 2009 can be discounted. If they still remember it, they will find out about it.

TLG is a prestige project with a Duke Nukem Forever meme.

It is much more than that.

We now live in a world where a good mix of metacritic and hype can make or break a game. And if previous Ueda's work are anything to go by, The Last Guardian will get great scores. And I can't even begin to fathom the madness that will surely take over the forums whenever this is reannounced and released.

But yeah, it's not going to be announced. It's dead. We need to let it go.

Zukkoyaki

Sony kind of sucks at endings. The ended that PSX stage show with that crappy looking David Jaffe game for crying out loud.

This year, my guess is they end on a God of War 4 teaser.
PSX really should have flip-flopped their entire presentation and ended on Bloodborne and the Uncharted 4 demo. The show would have been much better in my opinion.

Personally I think they're ending this year's E3 conference with Horizon or another sizeable Uncharted gameplay demo.

What's the consensus on Microsoft showing Crackdown gameplay? Really fiending for some new information. If all we get is another trailer...major letdown.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So at this point we only know about Square-Enix's press conference and Bethesda right?
I have heard from a press member (via the press platform/hub I use) that Ubisoft has confirmed that it will have its press conference on Monday, June 15, 3pm PST, at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles. Like last year. This isn't verified though, so take it with a pinch of salt. Though it seems rather reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom