• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurish

Well, as we get closer things start to take shape so my predictions as of now:

Bethesda:
Doom gameplay reveal
Fallout 4 reveal with gameplay
Something from one of the Arkane studios, either Dishonored or Prey

Microsoft:
Halo 5: Guardians campaign demo
Quantum Break demo + release date
Forza Motorsport 6 gameplay trailer
Scalebound gameplay
New Crackdown trailer
Rare's new project revealed, probably Battletoads
New Gears of War teaser + Gears of War collection announcement
New Inside trailer + more exclusive digital/indie titles
Rise of the Tomb Raider demo
The Division demo
Metal Gear Solid V trailer
Probably some more third-party stuff whether it's Bethesda, EA, Activision....

Sony:
Uncharted 4 demo + release date
Tearaway trailer + release date
Sony Bend's new project reveal
Guerrilla's new project reveal
Some Morpheus talk/announcement
Indie games segment with announcements
No Man's Sky footage + release date
F2P games segment
Call of Duty: Black Ops III demo
Star Wars: Battlefront demo
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer
Batman: Arkham Knight trailer
Mad Max demo
Assassin's Creed: Victory demo

EA:
New Need for Speed reveal + gameplay
Boring and long EA sports segment
Boring Sims segment
Star Wars: Battlefront multiplayer demo
Mirror's Edge demo
Mass Effect reveal + trailer

Ubisoft:
Some crappy Just Dance segment
Rainbow Six: Siege demo
Assassin's Creed: Victory trailer
The Division trailer
New announcement (either Watch_Dogs 2 or something else) with a demo

Square-Enix
Rise of the Tomb raider demo or trailer
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided demo
Just Cause 3 demo
Brand new Final Fantasy XV trailer
Brand new Kingdom Hearts III trailer
Maybe a new Square Enix Japan announcement?
Hitman reveal + trailer
I thought Sony has MGSV rights, don't they?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It is much more than that.

We now live in a world where a good mix of metacritic and hype can make or break a game.
I don't think we live in such a world. What makes you say we do?

Assuming when you say hype you mean enthusiasts on forums going apeshit and crying over a trailer, not corporation spending several tens of millions on advertisement around the globe.

Rösti;161403412 said:
I have heard from a press member (via the press platform/hub I use) that Ubisoft has confirmed that it will have its press conference on Monday, June 15, 3pm PST, at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles. Like last year. This isn't verified though, so take it with a pinch of salt. Though it seems rather reasonable.

if this is true, is safe to assume that microsoft, ea and sony will have their press conference in the same day

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
And if previous Ueda's work are anything to go by, The Last Guardian will get great scores.

If the game, should it ever see the light of day, ends up with a Metacritic score of 6-7, the review thread will be glorious.

If the game, should it ever see the light of day, ends up with a Metacritic score of 6-7, the review thread will be glorious.

Maybe it is finished for several years already but just not good. And they prefer to bury it alife vs. risking the mother of all shitstorm.

GeoramA

I thought Sony has MGSV rights, don't they?

Pretty sure they do.

VCJFJkX.jpg

Well, as we get closer things start to take shape so my predictions as of now:

Bethesda:
Doom gameplay reveal
Fallout 4 reveal with gameplay
Something from one of the Arkane studios, either Dishonored or Prey

Microsoft:
Halo 5: Guardians campaign demo
Quantum Break demo + release date
Forza Motorsport 6 gameplay trailer
Scalebound gameplay
New Crackdown trailer
Rare's new project revealed, probably Battletoads
New Gears of War teaser + Gears of War collection announcement
New Inside trailer + more exclusive digital/indie titles
Rise of the Tomb Raider demo
The Division demo
Metal Gear Solid V trailer
Probably some more third-party stuff whether it's Bethesda, EA, Activision....

Sony:
Uncharted 4 demo + release date
Tearaway trailer + release date
Sony Bend's new project reveal
Guerrilla's new project reveal
Some Morpheus talk/announcement
Indie games segment with announcements
No Man's Sky footage + release date
F2P games segment
Call of Duty: Black Ops III demo
Star Wars: Battlefront demo
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer
Batman: Arkham Knight trailer
Mad Max demo
Assassin's Creed: Victory demo

EA:
New Need for Speed reveal + gameplay
Boring and long EA sports segment
Boring Sims segment
Star Wars: Battlefront multiplayer demo
Mirror's Edge demo
Mass Effect reveal + trailer

Ubisoft:
Some crappy Just Dance segment
Rainbow Six: Siege demo
Assassin's Creed: Victory trailer
The Division trailer
New announcement (either Watch_Dogs 2 or something else) with a demo

Square-Enix
Rise of the Tomb raider demo or trailer
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided demo
Just Cause 3 demo
Brand new Final Fantasy XV trailer
Brand new Kingdom Hearts III trailer
Maybe a new Square Enix Japan announcement?
Hitman reveal + trailer
Reasonable predictions all around, but I would swap AC and MGS between Microsoft and Sony. I also really doubt that Rare's big project is Battletoads, I am rather confident that would be given to a different developer similar to KI.

Shabad

I don't think we live in such a world. What makes you say we do?

Assuming when you say hype you mean enthusiasts on forums going apeshit and crying over a trailer, not corporation spending several tens of millions on advertisement around the globe.

The Souls games serie is a good example of a weird niche japanese game that eventually got big due to great critical reviews and amazing forum "word of mouth". The Order would be an example of the exact opposite, despite big marketing budget and effort.

I am not saying this is enough to guarantee sales rivaling the yearly blockbusters, but with decent managing - like not releasing it mid November, and decent communication over a dev blog and during conferences - it certainly help great games to reach million sales.

Elios83

People will be disappointed like every year :p
These conferences have become pretty predictable. For example we already know 90% of what MS will show in their conference.
Will be funny if Sony will be forced to do the COD stage demo ths year, I seriously hope not :D
And Verendus of course is a liar, he knows that the truth will be revealed about TLG....right? ^_^''

These conferences have become pretty predictable. For example we already know 90% of what MS will show in their conference.'

At a 'base' level, yeah. But it's the 10% that's what gets us, depending on how it's done. And it's never a bad thing to have a proper gameplay reveal of games that we've seen nothing about except CGi.

I mean, I go into every Ubisoft press conference pretty much counting the seconds till their annual "one last thing" moment. Watch_Dogs, The Division, Rainbow Six were still pretty kew one last thing moments back then.

For MS/Sony, it's always their obligatory "new IP announcement X" or "one last thing Y."

I'm still sticking to my prediction that MS won't announce much and that the only thing new aside from indies/downloadables will be the Rare project and maybe a Gears collection.

They'll focus on showing off what they have announced like Scalebound, Halo, and Crackdown. I still feel that all those cgi trailers last year were them dumping their load to get as much hype as possible to help with the slow sales. I don't think they're going to want to do that again unless they either reveal their full 2016 line-up or go all the way into 2017 games.

I feel they've announced too much too far in advance.

oo7

Is it your picture because I would be more inclined to believe you if it was.

Nope, but the guy who took it said it was part of a VMC beta. The VMC betas have added the persons gamertag and some other random code to the betas to deter leakers apparently.

Nope, but the guy who took it said it was part of a VMC beta. The VMC betas have added the persons gamertag and some other random code to the betas to deter leakers apparently.

That guy is going to get in big dookie then I'm sure they can tell who starts what.

Bsigg12

So he broke his NDA with VMC. He's an idiot. We've already seen them go after people for leaking other games.

Elios83

I'm still sticking to my prediction that MS won't announce much and that the only thing new aside from indies/downloadables will be the Rare project and maybe a Gears collection.

They'll focus on showing off what they have announced like Scalebound, Halo, and Crackdown. I still feel that all those cgi trailers last year were them dumping their load to get as much hype as possible to help with the slow sales. I don't think they're going to want to do that again unless they either reveal their full 2016 line-up or go all the way into 2017 games.

I feel they've announced too much too far in advance.

But imo you're totally right. People have unrealistic expectations (same for Sony and others).
Microsoft will show Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Quantum Break, new Rare project, new Gears of War+ remaster collection, maybe Scalebound and Crackdown. So just like Phil Spencer said/promised many first party games.
Add in a few third parties demos for the games where they got marketing rights or deals.
There you have the MS E3 2015 conference. I don't know what people are expecting more out of a 90minutes conference.

People will be disappointed like every year :p
These conferences have become pretty predictable. For example we already know 90% of what MS will show in their conference.
Will be funny if Sony will be forced to do the COD stage demo ths year, I seriously hope not :D
And Verendus of course is a liar, he knows that the truth will be revealed about TLG....right? ^_^''

Will we? I'm not so sure. Yes, we'll get Halo and Tomb Raider. But will Rare show anything and if so, what? Will Battletoads be there and will it be outsourced? Will Quatum Break make an appearance or will it it skip E3 like last year? Is there a Marcus Fenix Collection? Will Black Tusk have Gears gameplay footage ready? Will Scalebound be there and what will it be like? Are we going to get Crackdown footage? Will MS have an indie reveal similar to Ori last year?

I think their conference could be very exciting.

But imo you're totally right. People have unrealistic expectations (same for Sony and others).
Microsoft will show Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Quantum Break, new Rare project, new Gears of War+ remaster collection, maybe Scalebound and Crackdown. So just like Phil Spencer said/promised many first party games.
Add in a few third parties demos for the games where they got marketing rights or deals.
There you have the MS E3 2015 conference. I don't know what people are expecting more out of a 90minutes conference.

I actually think Sony will have more announcements though. They'll probably have one big new game for Fall, and the only thing they have announced for 2016 is Uncharted 4, from a delay, and SFV so they have a lot they can announce. But then you have to take into account they do more conferences than MS as well so I don't know.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is what I'm expecting.

oo7

That guy is going to get in big dookie then I'm sure they can tell who starts what.

Yeah apparently that text block on the picture talks about the legal ramifications for leaking any of the information included in the beta. The guys on the gears forum say that's what it is anyways. Looks blurry as hell to me. Can't read it at all.

Syntsui

What's wrong with the current model?

I would feel bad buying the current model and the slim being released a few months after with a few perks and less expensive. I mean, I bought a 3DS XL in november and a few months after the new 3DS was announced, I felt bad man. lol

jacksrb

Do we think we will see any Nintendo Quality of Life (QoA) stuff there?

Now that Zelda is a known no-show, I just want to see:
- Gameplay for ScaleBound
- Gameplay for Battlefront
- News on the other Star Wars game and Mirror's Edge
- Star Fox looking hot
- An announcement about what Retro is working on

On Demand

Banned
What's the chances of Square breaking the Tomb Raider contract with XB1 just like they with FF13 with PS3? I'm sure they look at PS4's installed base and wonder if they made the right decision.

E3 would be crazy if that happens.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's the chances of Square breaking the Tomb Raider contract with XB1 just like they with FF13 with PS3? I'm sure they look at PS4's installed base and wonder if they made the right decision.

E3 would be crazy if that happens.

Eh? I'm sure Microsoft lawyers put some stingy consequences in the contract if that happens.

Will we? I'm not so sure. Yes, we'll get Halo and Tomb Raider. But will Rare show anything and if so, what? Will Battletoads be there and will it be outsourced? Will Quatum Break make an appearance or will it it skip E3 like last year? Is there a Marcus Fenix Collection? Will Black Tusk have Gears gameplay footage ready? Will Scalebound be there and what will it be like? Are we going to get Crackdown footage? Will MS have an indie reveal similar to Ori last year?

I think their conference could be very exciting.

Exciting, but not surprising.

Most of the games listed there was either already announced/shown last year. Update of last year's announcements = noshitsherlock.

Rare's stuff has been teased since early this year, they're not even remotely subtle about it. The only surprising thing it could be is if it's a AAA-scale project releasing this year.

Also, like said, all of the above + "new indie-game reveal" + "new AAA IP reveal" + "one last thing AAA thing" are all part of the 'predictable" expectations.

Nobody's expecting MS to be completely "hey, we have nothing new." It's E3, every company announces something new.

Exciting, but not surprising.

Most of the games listed there was either already announced/shown last year. Update of last year's announcements = noshitsherlock.

Rare's stuff has been teased since early this year, they're not even remotely subtle about it. The only surprising thing it could be is if it's a AAA-scale project releasing this year.

Also, like said, all of the above + "new indie-game reveal" + "new AAA IP reveal" + "one last thing AAA thing" are all part of the 'predictable" expectations.

Nobody's expecting MS to be completely "hey, we have nothing new." It's E3, every company announces something new.

But what would be surprising to people? I mean, we know Rare is working on something but we still don't know what it is. We know that Scalebound is a game, but we know nothing about how it plays. Those can be surprises as well, at least for me.

Euron

In all seriousness, this is what it's going to be and I'm perfectly ok with it. All I want to see out of MS is Rare's game, some more of Halo 5, and Scalebound. I won't go in expecting Crackdown gameplay but it would be nice.

My two most anticipated conferences are easily Bethesda and Nintendo. Bethesda solely because of Fallout 4 and Nintendo just because I'm hoping for something Metroid related. Sony would probably excite me more if Uncharted 4 wasn't 'delayed. Really want to see R&C though. Will probably be mainly third party content and indie titles in addition to Uncharted 4 and the collection but I'm 100% expecting the show to end with a Horizon teaser, hopefully in game footage.

blakep267

While yeah I know most of mS conference announcements don't get me hype. Gameplay does. So I'm looking forward to tHe gameplay of things I already know

Elios83

I actually think Sony will have more announcements though. They'll probably have one big new game for Fall, and the only thing they have announced for 2016 is Uncharted 4, from a delay, and SFV so they have a lot they can announce. But then you have to take into account they do more conferences than MS as well so I don't know.

Sony has definetly more first party stuff in the works, but how that is going to translate in terms of E3 announcements is pretty much unknown also considering that they usually have a big presence at Gamescom and TGS (and now they also have PSX in December) as well whereas Microsoft still treats E3 as their main and most important event of the year to announce new games.
So it's pretty safe to assume that Sony won't bring all their guns at E3.
Uncharted 4 will be there, Uncharted Collection and Ratchet&Clank will be announced for this year boosting the currently empty first party holiday lineup, Guerrilla introducing Horizon might be the biggest first party news, Quantic Dream should announce their PS4 project (and hopefully for them and their relationship with the gaming press it will be less cinematic than Beyond and The Order :p), Level 5 will announce their new project with Sony Japan, Polyphony might have an announcement trailer for Gran Turismo 7.
Then prepare for Sony to promote Batman and MGSV, Star Wars Battlefront will get the Destiny treatment.
Expect more indie games to be announced, others to get a release date (Rime, The Witness, Everyone's Gone to The Rapture) and a few japanese exclusives like Dragon Quest Heroes and Persona 5 to be dated in the west for Q4.
This might be pretty much the Sony E3 2015 conference.

Obviously that would leave a lot of stuff out (Media Molecule new IP, Bend's horror game, Gravity Rush 2, Minna no Sports Resort, The Last Guardian lol, God of War 4 and so on, not to mention the projects that we don't know anything about yet) but those announcements might be reserved for other events.

Sownic

Banned
Prediction: New apps are coming to Vita and PS4 (Video Chat) Much Morpheus love and price. New quantic dream game teaser trailer. New scripted original programming for Playstation Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom