• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Microsoft will pick up CD Projects Cyberpunk 2077 game whenever that gets re-revealed as a actual game.

Maybe that gets announced at E3 while the Witcher 3 hype is still fresh.

Nah. CD PR seem to want their games now on as many platforms as possible.

They are banking on the Witcher 3 hitting big commercially and in the mainstream so will want Cyberpunk to to be a big IP new fans of the studio can get into.

Also we wont see Cyberpunk at E3 anyway.

I don't think there's going to be much of a departure from the type of games they've greenlighted in the past, what Rare's doing might be interesting though (if it's more than Battletoads).

There is Scalebound, which is bound (pun not intended) to be something special.

Everybody forgot David's Cage new baby ? For real ?! lol With what we were shown at the PS4 unveil, his next game will sure look promising ! I'm optimistic to see it also be presented at the Sony conference ;)

rrc1594

Holy Shit this man tweets a lot, but I found a link

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/429481693045481474

So going forward I think MS is taking Sony route when it comes to 2nd-Party developers

Man I really hope that game is successful, because maybe they can fund more game made by JP developers and have that style of game development. It also can appeal to western audiences.

This is said literally every year/press conference, haha.

2013/2014 never made sense though.

We know Studio Japan, back in 2013, was focused on two internal games, which was Knack/Puppeteer. Ueda even said that the studio was focused on those two games, which was a big hint that the resources allocated to TLG was minimal at best.

2014 was only one year after Knack/Puppeteer. AAA-development has a minimum of a two-to-three-year turnaround, a studio is rarely ready to unveil their next project just barely a year after shipping their previous game.

2015 will be two-years since their last shipped products. Rationally, this is a relatively realistic time to expect it in the earliest. 2016 is also a possibility, but anytime earlier than 2015 was unlikely to begin with.

Lucreto

Holy Shit this man tweets a lot, but I found a link

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/429481693045481474

So going forward I think MS is taking Sony route when it comes to 2nd-Party developers

Once we don't get another Phantom Dust fiasco. I agree it's a good thing.

I hope so too but this is the first time working with a western publisher and he said Microsoft are watching over development of the game so I hope they don't stifle some of this unique ideas.

rrc1594

Once we don't get another Phantom Dust fiasco. I agree it's a good thing.

I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing. I just think that's their plans going forward. I'm not point this at you, but when I see post like " They don't own Sunset Overdrive, so sequel can end up on Ps4" Alright cool more people get to play it, people get to caught up stuff like that. More people playing a game shouldn't devalue your fun.

Man I really hope that game is successful, because maybe they can fund more game made by JP developers and have that style of game development. It also can appeal to western audiences.

I'm kinda amused at how his tweet about more JP-developed games at E3 2014 is "by more, we mean one."

I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing. I just think that's their plans going forward. I'm not point this at you, but when I see post like " They don't own Sunset Overdrive, so sequel can end up on Ps4" Alright cool more people get to play it, people get to caught up stuff like that. More people playing a game shouldn't devalue your fun.

Pretty much. It's fun to talk about stuff like IP ownership and stuff, but at the end of the day, SSO1 is exclusive to XB1 (maybeeeee PC in the future if MS doesn't mind), and there's all there is to it.

Kurt

Nintendo

* metoid (2d and/or 3d)
* starfox
* yoshi
* kirby 3d
* mario 3d world dlc
* smash dlc
* fzero
* new toad game
* info about their healt product
* new 3th party deal
* mario maker
* smartphone games
* miyamotto small games

Is retro working on metroid game or new game?

DJIzana

Nintendo

* metoid (2d and/or 3d)
* starfox
* yoshi
* kirby 3d
* mario 3d world dlc
* smash dlc
* fzero
* new toad game
* info about their healt product
* new 3th party deal
* mario maker
* smartphone games
* miyamotto small games

Is retro working on metroid game or new game?

You're missing Next Level Games.

rrc1594

So, what changed since more than a year old tweet?

Well that's the thing Phil wasn't Head of Xbox when he tweeted that and anything that has happen 2013-2015 would happen if Phil was head of Xbox of not. That's why I feel this E3 is going interesting see how Xbox is going to handle Ips going forward.

If MS does show a new AAA IP at E3 the only studio I can think of in a position to do that is Rare, but Rare is rumored to work on BK or old IP. So most likely if I had to guess their new AAA IP is going to come from a 2nd party. Now we see if they own the IP or not. Even now going into 2016 MS two biggest exclusives Scalebound and QB they own the IPS.

Xando

Still think Microsoft will pick up CD Projects Cyberpunk 2077 game whenever that gets re-revealed as a actual game.

Maybe that gets announced at E3 while the Witcher 3 hype is still fresh.

Game won't be out before 2017-18. CD Projekt is not dumb enough to sell out their european fans by going exclusive to MS.
If i remember right they even told Gamespot that we won't hear about cyberpunk for a few years.

Well that's the thing Phil wasn't Head of Xbox when he tweeted that and anything that has happen 2013-2015 would happen if Phil was head of Xbox of not. That's why I feel this E3 is going interesting see how Xbox is going to handle Ips going forward.

If MS does show a new AAA IP at E3 the only studio I can think of in a position to do that is Rare, but Rare is rumored to work on BK or old IP. So most likely if I had to guess their new AAA IP is going to come from a 2nd party. Now we see if they own the IP or not. Even now going into 2016 MS two biggest exclusives Scalebound and QB they own the IPS.

He wasn't head of Xbox, bu he was head of 1st-party development. He was the one who approved funding for stuff like Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, all IPs he didn't own.

Sure, he could have changed since then, but it's just still that man in the driver's seat when it comes to individual games.

Adachi

Banned
There is and it's probably going to be a damn good game, but (assuming the game falls in the same category as most PG games) if you think about it then the game still fits in with a certain modus operandi that MS has been following with quite a few of their projects in the past and that is getting something to counter a successful PS IP. Now I'm in no way saying that this is bad or that they're the only ones doing it, but I think it's pretty apparent.

They did it with Forza to counter GT
They did it with Project Spark to counter LBP
They're doing it with RoTR to counter Uncharted
They're doing it with Scalebound to counter God of War

And there're probably a couple more cases that can be made.

Eh, I feel like Ryse was the counter to GoW that MS wanted, but couldn't get because Crytek aren't good game developers these days.

As for Scalebound, I feel like that's really more of MS checking a box of a 'AAA Japanese-developed Xbox game', by a developer with a good track record of being able to ship games in a realistic time-frame, while having high production values.

It helps that Platinum makes great games, even if they're mostly bombs.

Adachi

Banned
Eh, I feel like Ryse was the counter to GoW that MS wanted, but couldn't get because Crytek aren't good game developers these days.

As for Scalebound, I feel like that's really more of MS checking a box of a 'AAA Japanese-developed Xbox game', by a developer with a good track record of being able to ship games in a realistic time-frame, while having high production values.

It helps that Platinum makes great games, even if they're mostly bombs.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about Ryse. Lol

Well they can try more than one project for the same purpose so who knows, for now I'll reserve judgement until I actually see the game.

Wynnebeck

Banned
What year is it now?

j708arl.jpg

Ushay

For once really looking forward to EA's conference. Potential Mass Effect and Battlefront.

What was Bioware's 3rd project, was it ever revealed?

RPGamer92

Banned
With this and Battlefront, it's no wonder why Sony pushed Uncharted 4 to Spring. Plus with a potential price drop and bundle, they could easily kill this holiday.

schaft0620

Hopefully. Sonys press conference would suck because of all these damn marketing deals.
Destiny, BF, CoD (if they actually had a deal), Batman, MGS, FF (?) and all other already known multiplatform-games that will be shown...

Batman will be out before E3

Adachi

Banned
Do you prefer a soul-less indie montage or a soul-less non-game thing like Powers or sale numbers? ;)
Sales numbers, but that's just me :p

But yeah, if this is really happening then please let it eat into the time for one of their non gaming related announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom