• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

I love this thread. Just fantastic crazy reactions makes reminds me how much gaming can invoke such feelings and why I fell in love with them, it's that awe and excitement, which I lost a lot of as I got older, but last night I felt like a kid again.

thefit

My contribution.

ibcMZSX2M6G62A.gif

In typical Arthur Gies fashion, the one and only thing he had to say about the Sony conference was this:

He tweeted about a dozen times during the Sony conference including one where he expressed how interested he was in Uncharted 4 and that he was happy to see a game played live for once.

What are you actually trying to do here? What he said isn't even wrong or inflammatory, it DOES look like a PS3 game. Almost everyone in the conference thread said the same.

SOLDIER

My reaction video is 2k away from 100,000 hits.

It's this by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieB51rHpQ4Q&feature=youtu.be

I was wondering...is there a way I can monetize this? If not this video, would it be advantageous to make follow-up videos and possibly bring in those hits? If I dedicated time talking about the Remake could that be a popular thing?

I have no idea how one goes about making money off YouTube, so I was just wondering if now is the time to ride off this and start producing content? I'm sure I could talk about FFVII on a weekly basis.

Patapwn

It's this by the way:

I was wondering...is there a way I can monetize this? If not this video, would it be advantageous to make follow-up videos and possibly bring in those hits? If I dedicated time talking about the Remake could that be a popular thing?

I have no idea how one goes about making money off YouTube, so I was just wondering if now is the time to ride off this and start producing content? I'm sure I could talk about FFVII on a weekly basis.
lol come on man

Meaty

While I agree GT reaction was amazing to watch, I dont think we should judge giant bomb.

I mean, they are suposed to be professionals right?

There should be room for child joy like Kyle bossman and cynicism on the industry.

I'd post my reaction gif but I'm pretty sure it's just a video of me on the ground crying.

Did you cry for TLG or for the other stuff?

SOLDIER

So if I'm reading right this wouldn't be eligible since it's showing copyrighted material (the trailer). I figured as much.

I was more curious if I were to make my own videos (like commentary about the remake, speculation, etc), would it bring back those hits from the previous video. I'm at 186 subscribers, but I don't know if that number was unchanged prior to uploading the video.

It might be a fun thing to do either way, so I'm thinking about it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
So if I'm reading right this wouldn't be eligible since it's showing copyrighted material (the trailer). I figured as much.

I was more curious if I were to make my own videos (like commentary about the remake, speculation, etc), would it bring back those hits from the previous video. I'm at 186 subscribers, but I don't know if that number was unchanged prior to uploading the video.

It might be a fun thing to do either way, so I'm thinking about it.

So you have the reaction of someone who just found out that after years of trying to conceive, they were finally going to be a father, about a remake of a 20 year old RPG that will be out in 2026 if at all and you say "who cares" to Devolver Digital games, a studio who is making NEW games that are hot fire.

NZS31vS.gif

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Probably already posted, from reddit

4kltZNt.gif

EDIT: not showing embedded for some reason.

Hikami

It's this by the way:

People have Youtube channels dedicated to reaction videos and they monetize them. Your video could be monetized as well, the copyright thing is more lax than people think. Only certain companies go out of their way to claim their content.

Well, if you're looking for enthusiasm about video games then Giant Bomb has been a bad idea for several years now. There are many good reasons to keep up with the content they're continuing to produce over there, but you'll need to come to terms with Jeff Gerstmann's chronic cynicism.

Jeff is only cynical about the business side of games. All of the guys still get excited about actually PLAYING games

rakhir

Their reaction was the same as my reaction and the same as most of the people in the E3 audience and the audiences in theaters where E3 was being broadcast. How can you defend Giant Bomb from attacks on their interest in video games and then turn around and slap GT with the same shit? The hypocrisy is astounding.

The difference between you and GT guys are that they are press people (i guess? i don't know them that well).
I don't think i would trust them to be objective when they will have to post their impressions or review that game when they throw their chair around on the sight of a trailer.

Juicy Bob

The difference between you and GT guys are that they are press people (i guess? i don't know them that well).
I don't think i would trust them to be objective when they will have to post their impressions or review that game when they throw their chair around on the sight of a trailer.
I think all of us are capable of reading or watching any review of a game and being able to tell when a reviewer's opinion is skewed by any bias or pre-existing love or dislike for a particular game or genre.

It's entirely possible to a reviewer to openly claim "I've been a huge fan of the ____ series for a while" at the start of a review, for example, and still offer a fair opinion on a game and reasoned criticism. That's what a good reviewer does - offer as objective an overview of a game as possible.

Wookieomg

Just finished reading all the responses and watching the reactions linked in this thread.. Teared up several times. When I saw the announcements live on stream, my heart was racing and emotions were running wild. Never before have I been so overwhelmed with emotions from game announcements.

But oh my god Sony killed it.

Going to go back and play Ico and finish Shadow of the Colossus, cause TLG looks so damn great. All the feels and hopes of it releasing, finally made real.

I haven't even played Shenmue 1 or 2 but watching that Kickstarter, seeing the fans reactions.. I was swept up with emotion right alongside them. Definitely going to play them now.

And FF7-R is probably my most wished for title since like forever ago. Soul is soaring with that announcement. Fuck..

Those GT reaction videos are glorious. They totally capture how I feel. Amazing time guys. I love you all. Everything is wonderful. <3

It's going to be hard to top this E3. This E3 was practically what dreams are made of. Every conference was great to amazing with the exception of Nintendo.

1743441_o.gif

codhand

It's going to be hard to top this E3. This E3 was practically what dreams are made of. Every conference was great to amazing with the exception of Nintendo.

1743441_o.gif

or you could have my opinion which is that they were all bog standard except nintendo which was bad, puppets notwithstanding

Hasney

I've personally loved all the conferences. I always have low expectations for EA and Ubi as filler between MS and Sony and I loved a couple of things each showed, MS and Sony brought it, ESPECIALLY Sony. Oh my god. Bethesda REALLY brought it, SquareEnix had some great games to show off but the presentation was lacking.

Overall, I've had a big smile on my face the last few days. Probably one of the best E3s I've watched.

or you could have my opinion which is that they were all bog standard except nintendo which was bad, puppets notwithstanding

Personally I loved all conferences because each had a few things that I am interested in and the amount of gameplay vs CGI showings evens out at this E3. Even Nintendo, I liked but as a WiiU gamer primarily, that conference was just for 3DS which disappointed me so obviously it's the lowest rated one in my book.

Man the reaction videos alone were worth announcing FFVIIr and Shenmue for. I'd be super proud if I was involved in making those games and seeing them reactions. The passion and love for these franchises are off the scale.

And with that I just cannot see an E3 conference ever being able to surpass that amount of emotion and reaction.

The GT reactions to Shenmue 3 and FFVII:R are wonderful. I adore them. I was absolutely there with Huber the second I saw the word "Shenmue" (though I didn't catch it quite as fast as he did with THE SINGLE CHERRY BLOSSOM PETAL), and I swear, if I ever meet Bosman, I might just Lenny Small the poor guy to death because he is just so goddamn cute with his chair antics.

That being said, though, you people dumping on the Giant Bomb guys need to seriously chill the fuck out and maybe try, just a little bit, to not take it so goddamn personally when someone isn't interested in X or Y game that you're hyped about. Jesus Christ, this thread has seen people coming in and practically (and even literally, in the case of the one dude) calling poor Elyse a fake gamer girl just because she composed herself during the Shenmue reveal. Some of the behavior in this thread is just as embarrassing as any console war fighting.

So if your channel is not already already upgraded by now you can apply for it.
But be aware that this is not your content that is being shows so you can get a copyright strike on it and that is not good for your google account.
And most of the copyright strikes are based on audio.

Also its not much 1000 views ~ 1$

Read more here.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72857?hl=en

Mergesort

What about Japan? Can someone make a new thread for japanese media and gamer reactions? I mean this must be pretty huge for them too right?

Facism

In typical Arthur Gies fashion, the one and only thing he had to say about the Sony conference was this:

iAOTQOi.png

Literally out of all the trailers that were shown, that is what he chose to say.

It says a lot about his character

the man's so bitter he should change his name to John Smith.

Top Bottom