• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

JP

Final Fantasy VII Remake Announcement
Reactions megapost v2.0
[edit]
Best ones are closer to the top
There are loads of these videos out there and if you look around there are just as many for The Last Guardian and Shenmue III and I found some of them are surprisingly touching. E3 can be a pretty awful time on here at times and although these games haven't meant as much to me as they do to some people, I think something pretty unusual and good happened at that show last night.

It doesn't really matter if I want any of the games or not, it's just really nice that some people out there got something so positive from these announcements.

BriGuy

I think something pretty unusual and good happened at that show last night.

It doesn't really matter if I want any of the games or not, it's just really nice that some people out there got something so positive from these announcements.

Hear, hear.

It's so easy (and oft times warranted) to be cynical about gaming these days, but for an hour or so last night, it was like I was 12 years old again. Whether any of these games live up to their hype isn't terribly important to me for the time being. What matters is that I was genuinely excited to be a gamer again, and these reaction videos and posts tell me I'm not alone.

Bousf

I've been watching fan reactions all day, it's priceless....what a moment we lived, it changed everything, forever.

Sony listened, and tackled TLG, FFVII R and Shenmue 3......there is no way Crash isn't coming back this gen.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
If a Red Dead sequel is announce, I will immediately start playing RDRedemption again despite just finishing my 5th playthrough.

If Half Life 3 is announced, I run around laughing like a mad man for an hour straight.

In typical Arthur Gies fashion, the one and only thing he had to say about the Sony conference was this:

iAOTQOi.png

Literally out of all the trailers that were shown, that is what he chose to say.

It says a lot about his character

God, he is the king of pieces of shit.

I don't really have an attachment to most of the legendary announcements at the Sony conference (gamewise I enjoyed it for others) but I was smiling ear-to-ear the whole time. Impossible to not be happy when so many dreams are coming true one after the other. Best E3 conference I can remember.

Lukemon

Man, some of these are amazing.

I can kinda see why there are people hating on this, though - a lot of YouTubers and streamers make their coin from acting this kind of thing out on a near-daily basis, whether they actually mean it or not.

Over-reaction is part of the act these days, which can make it seem like even the genuine emotional explosions which we're seeing (somewhat understandably, based on yesterday's feast) are just more of the same I'MMRMEESEEKSLOOKATME nonsense. Sit out the screaming and watch and listen properly, though, and it's not all that hard to tell the truly passionate from the digital beggars.

Krisprolls

Banned
I can kinda see why there are people hating on this, though - a lot of YouTubers and streamers make their coin from acting this kind of thing out on a near-daily basis, whether they actually mean it or not.

The problem is it's not why they were hating, it was more about "being more adult", which is obviously ridiculous.

People are happy and passionate about video games, of course it's a good thing. We need more cries of joy in this world, not less. I'm a 40 year old "child" but at least I understood that. ;)

aibaby

Neo Member
Here´s a reaction to Nier 2 announcement on a german stream. Dude gets a phone call right before the announcement until the other guy says by Platinum and cue the complete meltdown. Amazing

http://www.twitch.tv/hookedlive/v/6240320?t=96m24s

This one is great. They also did one for the conferences, and when the FF7 Remake started he mentions like NeoGAF is going down or something, hahahaha.

EDIT: And the guy in black shirt and glasses starts to almost cry when Shenmue 3 is shown hahaha.

http://www.twitch.tv/hookedlive/v/6216781

FF7: 3h55m
Shenmue 3: 3h59m

Some brilliant ones in here.

Man, 2 days ago I'd never have imagined sitting here with this scenario of Shenmue III, FFVIIr and TLG coming out haha!

In typical Arthur Gies fashion, the one and only thing he had to say about the Sony conference was this:

iAOTQOi.png

Literally out of all the trailers that were shown, that is what he chose to say.

I would love for someone to just shut Polygon down. It will be hilarious how no one will hire this piece of shit.

Just uploaded this. Me, fellow GAF'er V_Ben and UK games industry writer Jem Alexander reacting to the (full) demo of The Last Guardian, FFVII and Shenmue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5419ePOr5yI

Warning: turn down your volume. I tend to squeel a little bit in parts of all three, but especially Shenmue (not so much because I wanted Shenmue, but more all three of them were announced at the same place).

Skii

Some of these reactions are beautiful. It shows how meaningful some of these games are to people and how they've impacted their life. This is what gaming is about. It's about awaking that inner-child in you.

Those who show absolutely no emotion during that Sony press conference are awful people. No doubt they'd rather an open world ubisoft game to Shenmue 3/TLG. They prefer quantity over quality. It's a shame that that's the way gaming is going and certain people are contributing to that trend.

Skux

This guy reacts to FF7 remake, starts questioning why they don't just end the conference there since no other announcement could possibly live up to it, then is immediately shut the fuck up when Shenmue III shows up on screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABl-fu9HoN0

Great planning for that one-two punch. Drop the FF7 bomb, leave a little bit of breathing room with some indie games (who will be unfortunately overlooked), lead people to think you're heading into a lull, and then BAM SHENMUE III MOTHAFUKKAAAAA

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Holy shit.

And his shirt makes it even better.

He wears a versus 13 t shirt.

Starts doing squats to calm himself down.

I like him.

Also, one of the japanese comments says it will probably come out in 500 years. I lol'd. Seems SE doesn't have a good reputation in Japan as well.

NeoXChaos

Its surreal that the excitement over a remake is greater than XV ever was. VII is powerful. In the event XV sucks, we have VIIR.

iAOTQOi.png

He's a super Xbox fanboy. That in of itself is no big deal. You just have to disclose that sort of thing openly when you are claiming to be a "journalist". If he could put his bias aside for one second, he would come off as way less of a tool.

iAOTQOi.png

The way he must be feeling about how this generation of consoles is heading is enough for me. Keep it up Arthur.

iAOTQOi.png

Yeah, but what do you expect him to say? "I'm a Microsoft toolbox"? He had to say something about the conference, seems obvious it would be negative. He's on a sinking ship.

Top Bottom