• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

acklame

IAkAPwq.gif

This was an amazing moment, lol.

MrGlugi

Neo Member
Back off, dude. It was a joke. You have no idea how I really reacted when my daughter was born. Quit being so butt hurt cause I'm not excited about a Shemnue kickstarter.

Bla, bla "kickstarter", bla,bla "it was a joke" bla, bla "professionalism"
boo hoo

Yeah, you must be fun at parties...

On topic: It's nice to see that even adults have such enthusiastic reactions when it comes to games :) Pure joy :D

Which is funny coming from someone who has gleeful freak outs when a DOTA 2 character gets a new hat.
Which should tell people something.....

GT reactions were basically what I was doing haha. When FF7 hit I closed my eyes, leaned back in my chair and clapped my hands above my head, with goose bumps. Already knew it, saw barret / cloud sword and remake, I just put my face in my hands and told myself I was taking my ps1 collection out of storage to play some 7.

Also, I was playing a game of magic with my buddies while streaming over my phone. Saw TLG, which lit my spirits and brought home a comeback for my team lol.

Ploid 3.0

Why is everyone so mad over Giant Bomb not caring about FF7? you guys crack me up, heh.

I don't listen to them much, Giant Bomb just seem to not care about much, and seem bored of everything. I didn't care what they thought of FF7 and stuff, just felt it was a waste of time to watch their commentary when they are more about looking for possible bad stuff and seeming bored. I don't find that entertaining.

It's hard to avoid seeing Giant Bomb word of mouth on gaf, and I gave them a shot because their E3 coverage was said to be entertaining. Nothing seemed to interest these guys, and I didn't catch their Bethesda video, apparently they liked the stuff shown there. For E3, it was like watching Game of Thrones with a old relative that hates seeing violence and nit pick every little thing, taking the fun out of it.

I hardly need these game Journalists to tell me what is good or bad as I can figure that stuff out myself. Imagine watching a sports game where the commentator is all, "oh he's doing that play that he's been holding back showing off. It surprised them but eh, he would have probably got those yards doing any of his other plays. I just hope they hurry up and finish this game."

Edit: About not being interested in games and having no reaction to them. I have 0 interest or history with Shenmue but I know how much people wanted that game. I smiled and thought it was cool that they were getting it. Banjo for Xbox 360 was a good one too. When I first saw the Star Craft 2 trailer I didn't know what the game was about (I had only heard about it because friends were hooked on it and DoTA), but I felt hyped because people looked forward to it and it was revealed with a pretty cool trailer. Maybe their joy was infectious but I still liked what I saw. (goes to watch SC2, Diablo 3, and Zelda TP reveals)

M_A_C

This is a great thread. Can't wait to add more from Nintendo's Digital Event tomorrow.

I love this one. Dude goes on a crazy rant in awe from the FF7 reveal, even mutes the stream to talk, and then Shenmue shows up on screen and he instantly shuts up, volume back on. That second or two of complete silence is where you know he's thinking "holy fucking shit are you kidding me?"

This is funny because as the viewer now, you know whats coming. lol

Schrade

Huber has been asking for Shenmue for like the last 5 conferences...so his hype of it randomly showing up makes sense.

and that is great to see.

The moment you lose that enthusiasm for games (or anything) is when you should get out.

This is what it is all about.

So, so true.

Moofers

The GT reaction represents everything I love about this hobby. The GB reaction represents everything I hate about it.
Yep. The comment about "I rushed back from the bathroom for this?" And "please don't do this" are just like, really guys? You have to play it so cool that you can't acknowledge that others have dreamed about this for years? You gotta just shrug your shoulders and wish you were somewhere else? Why are you even covering videogames for a living then?

IcyStorm

Yep. The comment about "I rushed back from the bathroom for this?" And "please don't do this" are just like, really guys? You have to play it so cool that you can't acknowledge that others have dreamed about this for years? You gotta just shrug your shoulders and wish you were somewhere else? Why are you even covering videogames for a living then?

Because their jobs aren't to be hypebeasts for all video games? They have stuff they don't care about and stuff they do care about. I don't think Brad has to be excited for FF7 just because other people are, nor does Jeff have to fake enthusiasm for stuff when he doesn't care about.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
People don't like the idea of other people not liking/loving/jumping on tables for things that they love.
Not so much actually. I've never played a Shenmue game in my life. I have also never even gotten pass the 1'st disc of FF7. This didn't stop me from being over joyed about the prospect of playing these games and knowing how much it meant to other people.

Not only did GB seem to not give a fuck about anything, they were snarky as fuck about it in the process. Sorry, but seeing their reaction in contrast to the overwhelming joy and excitement of so many others really makes them look like a gang of grumpy cynics.

Just sayin'.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Which should tell people something.....

GT reactions were basically what I was doing haha. When FF7 hit I closed my eyes, leaned back in my chair and clapped my hands above my head, with goose bumps. Already knew it, saw barret / cloud sword and remake, I just put my face in my hands and told myself I was taking my ps1 collection out of storage to play some 7.

Also, I was playing a game of magic with my buddies while streaming over my phone. Saw TLG, which lit my spirits and brought home a comeback for my team lol.

What should it tell them? That Brad likes Dota and doesnt care about these games?

Crayolan

Omg, amazing. Still talking about FF7 remake.

"The most requested game that's never been made besides Half-Life 3. Yeah, and Shenmue. FF7 Remake, Half-Life 3 and Shenmue 3."

(music starts, petal flutters)

"WHAT?!"

Max perfectly sums up everyone's reactions.

Well they got TLG and FF7, what now, Shenmue 3? *Shenmue 3 music starts*

Mxrz

Good stuff. Seeing genuine joy in this hobby feels like a rare thing lately.

Giant Bomb gets to look awful. You don't have to jump up on the table and act a fool if you aren't feeling it, but when you look and act so damn bored with everything, why would anyone want to watch you? Viewers shouldn't be left wondering why you're even there. But if their supporters are into it, more power to them.

TheOGB

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/v/6230715

I remember his reaction from the troll reveal a few months ago so it's nice to see him excited in this one
Perfect, these are just what I came for.
Hoooooly shit, that reveal immediately after mentioning Shenmue was amazing.

This whole thread is full of great reactions though. GT trying and failing to stay composed; that guy at the Florida theater calling out World of Final Fintasy, then getting hyped by the slide, then the whole place losing their shit; the dude who was brought to tears and the dude who was hyped to the moon; the guy with his kids
4tCIK.gif
Gold. Everything these reveals touch becomes gold.
Almost makes me wish I cared about Shenmue or FF7

Miang

LMFAO the GT FFVII one has me in tears

'WHAT ARE YOU DOING? MIDGAR LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THAT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??'

This conference was extremely close to those parody conference descriptions, ya know the ones with everything being announced and the audience clawing their eyes out with hype. All we needed was Adam Boyes descending onto the stage on zip wire and andrew house landing a helicopter onto the stage.

Are there any reported casualties so far?

petghost

Banned
I dno man I feel like giant bombs play it cool thing seems even more forced than some of the super hyperbolic positive reactions. Like Alex in particular seems to be stretching to get off some snarky ass comment for basically everything. It doesn't upset me it just kinda makes me disinterested in hearing them. It's not like their analysis is super deep and they are quite a bit funnier when talking about random shit on the bombcast.

Awesome thread. Sometimes I think it's weird that I really enjoy watching people watch something. I just really like seeing them so happy and shaking with excitement. I even watch reactions to anime episodes and I immediately change videos if the person's reaction is subdued. I'm really glad that this E3 happened. The three never-gonna-happen games actually happened.

madmackem

I love the gb crew but man I've noticed they are becoming more and more jaded about games, I don't even listen anymore for what they think of games as I can't remember the last game say Jeff even liked.

I guess I'm one of those weird people who enjoyed watching the Giant Bomb discussion and appreciate their level-headedness as well as tearing up watching these GT reaction videos.

Edit: Bahahahaha, I can't stop laughing at Kyle Bosman's reaction to "Remake" popping up. Flipping the chair over and being all "Fuck this, I'm done". So good.

Haunted

Bosman and Huber, + 1 sub

Giant Grumpy Grandpas (GB), - 1 sub
:lol

hard to disagree

Probably precisely because I'm similarly jaded and cynical from following all this for so long, so something completely different and young and enthusiastic like the GT kids feels like a breath of really fresh air.

They both embody the new, honest approach to personality-based journalism and coverage - but it's hard to not take a side here. :lol

Shadow780

https://youtu.be/iDcMwj_Xogk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9f6qF0wHk

The trailer is just perfectly timed.

I love how each person has their own moment of realisation.

Some see the green lifestream lines and it's all they need.

Some see the Midgar playground.

Some see the names of producers and designers.

Some hear the three single notes of the overture.

Some wait cautiously all the way to 'REMAKE' on the screen.

Either way it all ends the same. They go nuts.

The World of Final Fantasy before it was masterfully placed, I salute you SE, on your final troll.

They day grown men shed tears and became kids once again.

I think we need to update this image and add "where gamers cried"

RPq2EpP.jpg

I guess I'm one of those weird people who enjoyed watching the Giant Bomb discussion and appreciate their level-headedness as well as tearing up watching these GT reaction videos.
You see it as level headed, I see it as overly cynical. And I'm sure you're not alone, people worship that site. I'm personally over it.
But lets not get too side tracked, I certainly don't fault you for your opinions. Its all good.

Xiraiya

It bummed me out but I do get some of their logic. But mostly none of the things announced are things they really care about, Vinnie and Dan were amused, Jeff was indifferent, Brad and Alex seemed to be actively against it all.
It's just one of those things where it's like their supposed "level headedness" was really just coming across as blatant "Fuck... get on with it so we never have to hear about any of these things ever again."

Top Bottom