• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

Hasney

There's no right or wrong way to react to anything, just so long as you're not a cynical bastard about everything

Giantbomb is dead to me. Long live the Bosman/Huber/GT Crew era. They know what people like us like and what we're actually excited about.

Wish I had watched the GT stream live, that would have been nuts when you know the final bets stuff they had and Bosman's rant on FF7 on the last Final Bosman.

Pathetic.

"journalists should like what I like"
hurp derp derp

Shaanyboi

Banned
Games journalist should show sign of life during games being shown at E3. News at 11.

They did. They were laughing, speculating, commenting etc. Just because they weren't falling over themselves for it doesn't mean they weren't interested by stuff being showed. This "THEY'RE NOT ONE OF US" mentality is ridiculous.

Games journalist should show signs of life during games being shown at E3. News at 11.

No, games critics exist to voice their opinion on things, and those who enjoy those opinions follow them. I feel like Giantbomb very much go out of their way to say a lot of what they do is not "journalism". They are personalities with opinions. Would you like to watch fake enthusiasm? I feel like the GB guys have been very vocal that they all think shenmue is shit and that they would rather see square spend resources elsewhere instead of seeing time and money spent on ANOTHER remake (a larger issue with the games industry currently).

They put the fanboys in the crowd so you know when shit is hype now at E3 guys...it's not giantbombs job to start flipping out like pewdiepie to keep you entertained. There are other streams for that.

Hasney

No, games critics exist to voice their opinion on things, and those who enjoy those opinions follow them. I feel like Giantbomb very much go out of their way to say a lot of what they do is not "journalism". They are personalities with opinions. Would you like to watch fake enthusiasm? I feel like the GB guys have been very vocal that they all think shenmue is shit and that they would rather see square spend resources elsewhere instead of seeing time and money spent on ANOTHER remake (a larger issue with the games industry currently).

They put the fanboys in the crowd so you know when shit is hype now at E3 guys...it's not giantbombs job to start flipping out like pewdiepie to keep you entertained. There are other streams for that.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of GB's output, but they seemed like genuine reactions just like GT even if they're on different ends of the spectrum.

Watching GTs output over the last couple of years, I know that all the reactions were utterly genuine even if they seemed over the top. They were very muted for most of the other conferences, they were just the right people that were targeted for the 3 big announcements.

jgminto

People freaking out like that is bizarre. There's nothing wrong with getting excited but acting like a 5 year old who just opened their birthday present is ridiculous, especially when 5 year olds have the insight to wait until they actually get something before go crazy, not just the promise of something that might be good coming in 2-5 years.

People freaking out like that is bizarre. There's nothing wrong with getting excited but acting like a 5 year old who just opened their birthday present is ridiculous, especially when 5 year olds have the insight to wait until they actually get something before go crazy, not just the promise of something that might be good coming in 2-5 years.

Yeah I have to say I also grew out of this somewhat sycophantic period during press conferences about 5 years ago. I can understand the reactions to an extent but I'm never like that anymore, seen it all before. I can't imagine what I would be like if I had gone to every E3. I have no issue with people reacting that way but can't understand why people get offended that others don't share their child like awe...And if anything I am more passionate about gaming now than I was 5 years ago.

More reactions, less weird game coverage site patriotism, please. This thread is basically a self-righteous sniping match between GT and Giantbomb fans, a sentence that almost sent my eyes into the back of my skull halfway through typing.

Reedirect

I love Giant Bomb to death and I'm definitely not expecting any of them to jump around like crazy when Shenmue/FFVII/TLG gets shown, but the amount of cynicism thrown around in the Sony post-show was ridiculous even by their standards.

About Huber, god forbid that he's genuinely excited about a game that he waited fifteen years for! When the first trailer for the new Star Wars movie was released, you saw a bunch of online movie critics post their reaction vids showing how much they're excited for the new Star Wars (tears and all) and rarely someone called that "embarrassing" or "unprofessional". So what's the big deal here? If anything it shows that he truly cares.

I love Giant Bomb to death and I'm definitely not expecting any of them to jump around like crazy when Shenmue/FFVII/TLG gets shown, but the amount of cynicism thrown around in the Sony post-show was ridiculous even by their standards.

About Huber, god forbid that he's genuinely excited about a game that he waited fifteen years for! When the first trailer for the new Star Wars movie was released, you saw a bunch of online movie critics post their reaction vids showing how much they're excited for the new Star Wars (tears and all) and rarely someone called that "embarrassing" or "unprofessional". So what's the big deal here? If anything it shows that he truly cares.

Problem is many gamers seem ashamed to admit they are gamers and do everything to try and act 'mature'. Look at any thread that features video game t shirts and see how many come in saying 'i would never be seen in a games shirt' etc. Its pretty embarrassing to see really.

Sunrise, Florida reaction to The World of FF and FF7 remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieB51rHpQ4Q

Huge pop when Nomura's name comes up.

Another theater reaction to FF7's reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgjO-x8PNfs

1386340357753.jpg

What a day to be alive

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'd post my reaction gif but I'm pretty sure it's just a video of me on the ground crying.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

is there an archive of the giant bomb talkovers? I'd like to watch at least the Sony one, and possibly some of the MS one. Their post conference wrap up was pretty good - they were clearly positive but they always want more. So I'd like to see how they reacted in the moment, to things like TLG, Horizon, FFVII and Shenmue

Bosman and Huber, + 1 sub

Giant Grumpy Grandpas (GB), - 1 sub

Giant Grumpy Granpa Gerstmann, love it.

I've been showing the GT reactions to everyone, just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. It's moments like this that make me love gaming and the people involved so much.

I think there is a point where you should stop hosting streams to conferences, and it's when you can be bothered to have a reaction to anything. I like Giant Bomb but what a waste of a stream.

MisterR

Yeah I have to say I also grew out of this somewhat sycophantic period during press conferences about 5 years ago. I can understand the reactions to an extent but I'm never like that anymore, seen it all before. I can't imagine what I would be like if I had gone to every E3. I have no issue with people reacting that way but can't understand why people get offended that others don't share their child like awe...And if anything I am more passionate about gaming now than I was 5 years ago.

You'll grow out of this seen it all before phase here in a few years too. Video games aren't such serious business. It's ok to get excited about things you enjoy in life. God knows there is enough bullshit in the rest of my day. I'd like to actually enjoy my hobby instead of showing how cool and indifferent I am to everything.

I didn't know what I was watching at first with the FFVII announcement. Thought maybe a new movie in homage of the original game or something like that. I didn't believe until Remake shown across the screen. I mean, after the PSX burn who would allow themselves to believe?

Tomeru

I didn't know what I was watching at first with the FFVII announcement. Thought maybe a new movie in homage of the original game or something like that. I didn't believe until Remake shown across the screen. I mean, after the PSX burn who would allow themselves to believe?

It's a remake to the movie! Oh snap!!!

Ive been a fan of GB for a while, but their constant indifference and cynicism is really depressing. I think watching their livestream made me just turn the page on them for a while. To be in such a constant state of crochety indifference all the time. I respect them but man...

MisterR

Ive been a fan of GB for a while, but their constant indifference and cynicism is really depressing. I think watching their livestream made me just turn the page on them for a while. To be in such a constant state of crochety indifference all the time. I respect them but man...

I know they are beloved on here, but I'm with you. There is so much shit in the real world on a daily basis that is so fucking depressing and cynical. The last place I want to get more of it is watching stuff about my hobby, that I actually enjoy.

Arcadius

Banned
Just watching the reactions to FFVII and Shenmue and The Last Guardian are making me cry again, so much good happened last night, so much. It's been absolutely incredible to witness this all. Never give up hope!

zeroOman

I know they are beloved on here, but I'm with you. There is so much shit in the real world on a daily basis that is so fucking depressing and cynical. The last place I want to get more of it is watching stuff about my hobby, that I actually enjoy.

the reaction was cold as ice....in ff7 they did show some respond... still they should have more fun....

Arkeband

Banned

I've always held Mega64 in high regard for being on the same page with games that are important to me, I would have loved to see their reactions, Rocco's in particular.

Top Bottom