• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

cacildo

If giant bomb didn't like the Sony show I can only imagine what they will do with the Nintendo digital event

(Do they usually watch Nintendo at e3?)

Not so much actually. I've never played a Shenmue game in my life. I have also never even gotten pass the 1'st disc of FF7. This didn't stop me from being over joyed about the prospect of playing these games and knowing how much it meant to other people.

Not only did GB seem to not give a fuck about anything, they were snarky as fuck about it in the process. Sorry, but seeing their reaction in contrast to the overwhelming joy and excitement of so many others really makes them look like a gang of grumpy cynics.

Just sayin'.

So true.

And people defending Giant Bomb by saying maybe they are not into Final Fantasy 7, or Shenmue, or The Last Guardian, or Uncharted....(holy fuck...mind you), but as a person who use to watch their content, their cynical, half-asleep, wish they were doing something else attitude has permeated across several games, genres, and years. To me, in my opinion - they just felt like the Debbie Downers at the party.

It's E3, it's our worldseries/superbowl/christmas, but I feel they are just so "meh, eh, meh" about everything.

And judging by this thread, other people have started to get tired of it too. It's a shame I guess, as a person who use to follow giantbomb.

So, anyway - I'm glad I got to watch E3 with the gametrailers staff.

warthog

These reactions are so good. Exactly what I was feeling when the FFVII remake trailer came on: "This is going to be some more bs right? Don't get excited, don't get excited. That could be Midgar... That slide... Those flowers on the ground... That blade! Wait for it, it could still be something stupid like a movie. Wait for it...REMAKE!!!"

And I was just recovering from having missed the reappearance of The Last Guardian at that moment because I had a hard time getting out of bed. Insane.

Radec

Not so much actually. I've never played a Shenmue game in my life. I have also never even gotten pass the 1'st disc of FF7. This didn't stop me from being over joyed about the prospect of playing these games and knowing how much it meant to other people.

Not only did GB seem to not give a fuck about anything, they were snarky as fuck about it in the process. Sorry, but seeing their reaction in contrast to the overwhelming joy and excitement of so many others really makes them look like a gang of grumpy cynics.

Just sayin'.

I'm glad that I don't watch GB and probably never will. I feel there's too much negativity there that it might destroy any hype that these games brings for me.

Haunted

Omg, amazing. Still talking about FF7 remake.

"The most requested game that's never been made besides Half-Life 3. Yeah, and Shenmue. FF7 Remake, Half-Life 3 and Shenmue 3."

(music starts, petal flutters)

"WHAT?!"
:lol that timing was perfect

WolvenOne

Okay, in response to everyone saying, "oh these reactions are so immature."

Look, I'm sure most of these people know that. What you have to realize, is that for most of these people, they grew up with these games. While previous generations may have grown up imagining the world of Narnia or Middle Earth, our generation grew up exploring the world of Gaia, or 1980s Tokyo, or City 17. For us, these world's are an intractable part of our lives. They are something that we could claim for ourselves and let our imaginations explore.

They are also, an intractable part of our childhood. And as with most childhood things we rarely get to go back and truly explore them the same way again.

This time we can. People are going to be able to take a old dusty part of their childhood, and explore it again as if it were new.That is an extremely rare thing! Okay, sure some of these reactions are over dramatic, but I can't blame people for being happy about this. This is a rare and pleasant surprise, the sort that doesn't come across every day. So sue us if our reactions are too exuberant for your delicate sense of propriety.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
This was great, reminded me why games are awesome even if I personally don't care about Shenmue. It's just a testament to how powerful they are.

As for GB I don't need them to be this hype about anything I just wish they at least had the positive energy they display at their PAX panels for games.

Noaloha

It's E3, it's our worldseries/superbowl/christmas, but I feel they are just so "meh, eh, meh" about everything.

I'm not in your 'our' there, just so you know.

As someone passionate about videogames, Evo is my worldseries/superbowl, Steam Sales or something is my Christmas.

E3 (the conferences at least) is my, I dunno, X-Factor final, or perhaps the equivalent of 8-yr old me opening up the Winter Catalog when it arrives in September and hurriedly skipping to back where the pictures of toys and bikes are. Its a prolonged informercial and just similarly amusing in all its sales pitch bombast and insincerity. It's Kitchenware Hour on QVC.

angelic

Banned
bosman knew though, it was potentially a harder troll than even last time, something no one would forgive. show midgar then say hey guy! its midgar minecraft or some shit.

square are the most passive aggressive company ever, they like to hurt their fans for fun

Giantbomb is dead to me. Long live the Bosman/Huber/GT Crew era. They know what people like us like and what we're actually excited about.

Wish I had watched the GT stream live, that would have been nuts when you know the final bets stuff they had and Bosman's rant on FF7 on the last Final Bosman.

CHnJraJWwAAOkiT.jpg:large

Pathetic.

Lazulic

im sure glad were eliminating these clearly hardcore giant bomb fans from circulation. what would we do without their continued complaints.

this is literally the most pointless controversy of e3.

chocoedd

I really like most of the enthusiasms. At the time of the reveal my reaction was just a quiet one. Being one of the crowd at that time must be so amazing. It could be any crowd though, in sports, concerts, anything. You share your passion with people around you for a moment and you know you cannot trade those moments for anything else and it makes you young again, even for a minute or two.

petghost

Banned
im sure glad were eliminating these clearly hardcore giant bomb fans from circulation. what would we do without their continued complaints.

this is literally the most pointless controversy of e3.

For real tho you hardcore gb fans are some of the scariest dudes on the internet. It's cult like. Any perceived slight and people like you assemble to defend their idols.

angelic

Banned
Enthusiasm is for the wise, glad to see people happy and spirited :)

exactly. being miserable is for the inexperienced, who think theyre being all aloof and cool. meh...we dont care. guy next to me in the office complained about all of e3. fine - you miss out. i was up til 5am UK time watching streams and whooping.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Okay, in response to everyone saying, "oh these reactions are so immature."

Look, I'm sure most of these people know that. What you have to realize, is that for most of these people, they grew up with these games. While previous generations may have grown up imagining the world of Narnia or Middle Earth, our generation grew up exploring the world of Gaia, or 1980s Tokyo, or City 17. For us, these world's are an intractable part of our lives. They are something that we could claim for ourselves and let our imaginations explore.

They are also, an intractable part of our childhood. And as with most childhood things we rarely get to go back and truly explore them the same way again.

This time we can. People are going to be able to take a old dusty part of their childhood, and explore it again as if it were new.That is an extremely rare thing! Okay, sure some of these reactions are over dramatic, but I can't blame people for being happy about this. This is a rare and pleasant surprise, the sort that doesn't come across every day. So sue us if our reactions are too exuberant for your delicate sense of propriety.

I feel that way about things but I dont think I'd react like that. Jumping up and down like a lunatic is not the only type of reaction that allowed. I'm not even sure why you are explaining hype on NeoGAF in the first place. This place mostly runs on hype. People understand. They just dont care.

Lazulic

For real tho you hardcore gb fans are some of the scariest dudes on the internet. It's cult like. Any perceived slight and people like you assemble to defend their idols.

yes i am white knighting for peoples right to hold a neutral opinion on something. god forbid

also i wasnt calling me a hardcore fan. im not. im mostly a podcast listener. this is just dumb nothing controversy.

also this isn't the place for this. pls post vids and gifs and stop the nonsense

Skux

This quote always comes in handy:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis

Hasney

About 15 minutes after Sony, the GT stream recapped, watched the full Shenmue 3 Kickstarter video and Huber had to leave to go do some work. I think this sums up everything about GT last night.

ieOuFk2.gif

Jamie OD

All of the excitement in the reactions is like watching your team score the winning goal in a cup final. So exhilarating.

Hasney

All of the excitement in the reactions is like watching your team score the winning goal in a cup final. So exhilarating.

Was talking to a friend who was watching the Stanley Cup as well and supporting Chicago, who won, so I'm thinking it would be a helluva night if those 3 Sony announcements were the ones you were waiting for and you were a Blackhawks fan last night.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This is why I love E3. This is like Twilight Princess in '04 x 50. Especially combined with TLG and Shenmue. Legendary E3 conference.

LeBoef

the only thing i dont like about gb's stream is,that they constantly watch onto their macbook screens.
rest is spot on

Shaanyboi

Banned
Giantbomb is dead to me. Long live the Bosman/Huber/GT Crew era. They know what people like us like and what we're actually excited about.

Wish I had watched the GT stream live, that would have been nuts when you know the final bets stuff they had and Bosman's rant on FF7 on the last Final Bosman.

Pathetic.

I don't cry and drop to my knees at videogame announcements. And however surprising the announcement of Shenmue 3, there are way too many factors to ignore during that announcement. Firstly does Sony not funding it indicate a lack of faith on their end, who is on the team, can you really make that game with modern expectations for like acouple million, etc. Not to mention the fact that, hey, not everyone thought Shenmue was all that great. Even if they were excited about it, you can go "Hey that looks awesome I want to see this happen" without screaming like a lunatic.

Top Bottom