• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

Just listened Matt with Shinobi talking about E3.

https://youtu.be/TcScu0Jf1h8

- Shinobi didn't want to talk about Rockstar and RDR2 (maybe 'cause he don't want to spoil the surprise?). He did spoke freely about "where the hell is Agent?", he didn't really know, for what it looks like.

- He confirmed "Prey Reboot" at Bethesda conference being developed by Arkane.

- When asked about Sucker Punch and Spider Man he spoke trying to not say anything but clearly looked like he knows what's going on but didn't want to spoil. He said that are a couple of unnanounced titles at Sony but wasn't confirming or deying if Sucker Punch was involved.

- There will be a remaster on Bethesda. Skyrim? Probably.

- Capcom will announce an exclusive game at Microsoft conference. RE7 (this would be nuts) or DR4?

- There will be "hardware" at Microsoft's.

He was most hyped for Sony's conference.

I think that was it, cool podcast but they went far off E3 sometimes, it could use a bit more focus.

Ps.: Sorry for any mispelling, i'm on my phone and english is not my first language. Cheers!

Sometimes i really dont get Shinobi. He has no mercy leaking stuff from CoD and Titanfall 2..

But for the more interesting stuff, he thinks its not fair... makes so much sense.

Of course he is more hyped for Sony, because he cares more about them.

I dont get the excitement for Sony's Briefings. They start strong, but get boring and pretty stale with that Indie and 3rd Party galore...

I dont get the excitement for Sony's Briefings. They start strong, but get boring and pretty stale with that Indie and 3rd Party galore...

Pacing-wise, Sony isn't great.

But content-wise, for me, when I look back at everything's that announced, exclusive-wise, Sony's briefings win out for me most of the time.

RoKKeR

Huh, Shinobi said that Rare has a new IP in development besides Sea of Thieves. Or did i get that wrong?

That's what I heard as well. Wonder if we see it this year.

For those who didn't listen, he referred to Rare as "Microsoft's New IP Factory" these days, which is super interesting. All of their other first party studios are knee-deep in established franchises, so it makes sense they'd give Rare a bit of freedom to come up with new IP.

I'm planning on selling my PS4 (it's already listed on Craigslist) but a Sucker Punch Spider-Man game or a Marvel musou that doesn't some to PC would make me yank that ad out real quick

Dinjooh

I'm planning on selling my PS4 (it's already listed on Craigslist) but a Sucker Punch Spider-Man game or a Marvel musou that doesn't some to PC would make me yank that ad out real quick

Sell it either way and pick up a Neo in 2017 when either of the two games you listed at the earliest comes out?

Starfield

But...but...but why. I don't understand this world. What is going on
eLw7m.gif

Some Nobody

Yup. You know it's the internet when people are completely lost about others having different tastes from them. :p

WD1 was pretty enjoyable gameplay-wise, so I'm excited for WD2.

That E3 reveal of Watch_Dogs is probably one of the best game reveals in E3 history. The timing, the graphics, the unique hacking gameplay, the closing tweest of the multiplayer element had a lot of people going WHOAH WTF THAT IS SO AWESOME at the game's first reveal.

It had a lot of consumer attention for a new IP. People were excited, and a lot of people don't necessarily keep up with follow-up news or previews of the game not being as amazing as initially revealed.

Starfield

Well at this stage I expect Gabe Newell to be on Microsoft's stage and announce Half Life 2: Episode 3 + annualy releases of further episodes.

I want to see Agent. After The Last Guardian in 2015, who's to say the dead don't ride at E3? Also, I want to see Crash Bandicoot and God of War 4. And NX. And a big Japanese games presence like last year's E3.

This guy may be unto to something, dude literally wrote "dead don't ride" nearly 2 weeks before shinobi posted his tweet about it XD. Or it could just be some dead on coincidence (most likely), I mean NX aint a no show at E3.

The God

Just listened Matt with Shinobi talking about E3.

https://youtu.be/TcScu0Jf1h8

- Shinobi didn't want to talk about Rockstar and RDR2 (maybe 'cause he don't want to spoil the surprise?). He did spoke freely about "where the hell is Agent?", he didn't really know, for what it looks like.

- He confirmed "Prey Reboot" at Bethesda conference being developed by Arkane.

- When asked about Sucker Punch and Spider Man he spoke trying to not say anything but clearly looked like he knows what's going on but didn't want to spoil. He said that are a couple of unnanounced titles at Sony but wasn't confirming or deying if Sucker Punch was involved.

- There will be a remaster on Bethesda. Skyrim? Probably.

- Capcom will announce an exclusive game at Microsoft conference. RE7 (this would be nuts) or DR4?

- There will be "hardware" at Microsoft's.

He was most hyped for Sony's conference.

I think that was it, cool podcast but they went far off E3 sometimes, it could use a bit more focus.

Ps.: Sorry for any mispelling, i'm on my phone and english is not my first language. Cheers!

smh I still refuse to believe it's something other than an experience for PSVR

Gamezone

Gold Member
State of Decay doesn`t even have online, and Dead Rising is primarily not an online game. Is has to be something else.

alex_myth

Banned
According to Atlus, Persona 5 will be at E3. It's pretty much confirmed that they will announce the NA release date, so I don't know whether it counts as rumor or not.

viHuGi

Banned
Can't wait for Sony and Microsoft conferences.

Sony: Horizon, Crash, Detroit, God of War, Sony Bend, Sucker Punch, Last of Us 2, Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Shemnue 3, FF 7 Remake.

Microsoft: Recore, Gears of War 4, Sea of Thieves, New IP and Scalebound.

Others: Agent, Read dead Redemption, GTA V DLC, Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Star Wars Visceral Game, Ghost Recon.

Rozart

According to Atlus, Persona 5 will be at E3. It's pretty much confirmed that they will announce the NA release date, so I don't know whether it counts as rumor or not.

I cannot waaaiit for this game. Hoping Sony will dedicate a nice little section for it.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Since when you hold universal truth? You have the right to have that opinion, but at their time Adventure games were high scored and it's something you can deny. They aged bad but again, games that came out at
Imo Unleashed it's not even better than Lost World with those lame flat stages, but hey! it's the fastest Sonic to date!!!

If I put "mature" this way it's with some sort of intention. By "mature" I mean a plot were Sonic ain't doing childish puns every 4 seconds and Tails doesn't seem some Sesame Street character. Not even mention Eggman...
SA2 has the best plot in the series (with many writting/dubbed flaws due the time it was done but still). That what I mean by "mature".

Of course I don't hold universal truth, but even back then people were kinda eh towards SA and especially SA2 over the bad camera, boring gameplay and awful stories (especially SA2 was lambasted for being boring with a bad, somewhat melodramatic plot).

As some other poster mentioned, what you want is a more "serious" plot, which I am not opposed to. But "mature" plots in Sonic games gets us garbage like Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006, games with grimdark, srs bsns and edgelord attitudes. And that shit just doesn't work in a game about a blue, anthropomorphic hedgehog who runs faster than sound.

Is Telltale there? I really want to see their Batman game.
They will be there.

Job J Stauffer said:
Pro tip to any media attending #E32016:

If you haven't secured an invitation to see us at Wayne Manor yet, you are running out of time! :p

Also, their Batman game is premiering this summer, followed by TWD Season 3 in the fall.

'BATMAN - The Telltale Series' will premiere this summer

@TheWalkingDead's 3rd season will premiere this fall

#E32016 begins in 1 week ;)

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/739552648915886080

IHaveIce

Banned
Pacing-wise, Sony isn't great.

But content-wise, for me, when I look back at everything's that announced, exclusive-wise, Sony's briefings win out for me most of the time.

my problem is all the stuff I really love at Sony's shows have no release dates and will take way too much time. It was the case with TLG and FFVersus13 and it will be with Shenmue3 and FFVIIr (the stuff which made people flip last year)

All their stuff that is in reach of releasing is on the same level as MS

blakep267

I just can't get excited about the rumored Spider man game. I mean, I've played some fun spider man games in the past so it feels like it's been done before. I could see if they were all truly terrible then maybe I'd be excited but Spider man games come out all the time

Regarding Zombie Online Game™...

If it's something more traditional for a multiplayer zombie experience you're looking for, you'll rot be disappointed.

If you're looking for co-op? It's going to really jingle some bells here. A fresh take on something people here already love. :)

I found a listing for "adult swim collection " for Ps4 on amazon..

I can't create topics since i'm a junior member, it says it will be distributed by the same company with runbow 3ds (nighthawk interactive), but when you go into the listing, you get 404

I can't find anything related to this game here.

Top Bottom