• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's E3 conference will have 8 games "and more surprises", lists 6 (two unannounced?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKSmash

I'm sick of how a shit ton of talented devs get stuck with stupid franchises like Star Wars and Marvel.

Think of all the new worlds, new settings they could have built. Now it's same old shit everywhere: games, movies, TV shows.

Interested in Dylan though.

Fuego Take right there.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I can't think of a genre that is so diametrically opposed to my own tastes. It bugs me that they are all the rage nowadays, publishers will be trying (and failing) to emulate Destiny for the next decade or so.

Same.

Same.

Ugh. All of my same.

I'm sick of how a shit ton of talented devs get stuck with stupid franchises like Star Wars and Marvel.

Think of all the new worlds, new settings they could have built. Now it's same old shit everywhere: games, movies, TV shows.

Yup they are all forced to work there and can't leave if they don't like it. And nothing like risking a multimillion $ investment on an unknown IP when you have the printing money Star Wars license. Lol.

Kickz

I'd love a new, hardcore crashing, Burnout....but I have too many racing games coming out already to buy!!

Yea but I doubt any of them measure upto this;

58300_front.jpg

Newlove

Titanfall 2 is going to be there, probably to reveal some future DLC plans (frontier defence?). Although that probably doesn't count as part of the show. I am not expecting Burnout with NFS coming out this year, although EA released TF2 and BF1 at the same time so who knows.

jdstorm

Banned
I listened to this maybe a week ago and went to check EA's instagram. Those comments are still happening, which is pretty hilarious.

As much as I would like to see Skate 4 happen, is there really a sizable enough audience for it to make sense for EA to make another game? I feel like it's just a small but vocal group of people wishing it would happen.

I think if #Skate4 does get made it would likely just be a skateboarding feature in the GTA clone EA is looking to make.

In saying that if EA made an open world sandbox action adventure game with Mirrors Edge level movement and third person physics based skating built in. That game could be something truely special.

Exodust

Banned
Are the new announcements going to be more developer documentary than actual gameplay footage again? I might just skip if that's so.

bluehat9

New PGA game?
lol yeah right

Some Plants Vs. Zombies thing maybe?

I'd take any kind of arcade sports game or SSX too, but that's just wishful thinking.

Jocund

How about we see one of the fifteen Star Wars games they've been developing for seven years

By time EA push one of those out, the new trilogy (plus spin-offs!) will have come and gone

They must not want these sweet fucking space bucks

Bahorel

No way they haven't pumped out nearly enough expansion packs for 4

Sigh Ive skipped 4 because of all the downgrades from 3. And don't give me a mainline game without weather again. This is 2017 we shouldn't have to pay $40 for in game weather

UberTag

They're still not giving up on NBA Live? I have to admire their resolve in the face of so many failures.
I suspect they dream of one day getting to negotiate an exclusive deal with the NBA that would kill the NBA 2K series and make their inferior title the de facto only choice for basketball gamers everywhere.

There's no other reason for them to continue to go to the NBA Live well again and again.

okita

Interested only in Dylan , hope Bioware delievers a good presentation , comments on DA would be welcome too

Jason Schreier said Bioware's new IP would be skipping the EA conference in favor of the MS conference.

Which would be a pretty reasonable assumption given that this is probably the 3rd party marketing deal Shinobi said Microsoft was getting.

I'd bet they end the show on Amy Hennig's game.

yurinka

I don't see Sims in the OP. Let's hope it doesn't appear at all in the conference, but they always include something related to Sims there.

Some Nobody

I'm tired of seeing this opinion. There are literally tons of indie games creating new world's and new settings all the time. Plenty of AAA titles too. Go play one and stop bugging SW/Marvel/DC fans, most of us are happy to have these games. :p

Shredderi

I'm tired of seeing this opinion. There are literally tons of indie games creating new world's and new settings all the time. Plenty of AAA titles too. Go play one and stop bugging SW/Marvel/DC fans, most of us are happy to have these games. :p

Nah, he has my sword and my bow and my axe on this one. Those IPs are some of the most predictable and least exciting video game prospects for me and I want those proven and well funded devs to do new and exciting things :)

Some Nobody

Nah, he has my sword and my bow and my axe on this one. Those IPs are some of the most predictable and least exciting video game prospects for me and I want those proven and well funded devs to do new and exciting things :)

You can have a seat too lol. All these requests for more games, more new IPs and yet every other week there's a thread about how people cope with their immense backlogs. Ya'll can't finish the games you have. In a year I don't get 12 games I care about, even a great one like this. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom