• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's E3 conference will have 8 games "and more surprises", lists 6 (two unannounced?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas8705

I'm sure I said this already in this or another thread for EA's conference in a few hours, but I am honestly completely unhyped about what they may have available. Can't think of one game that grabs my attention since we know it is going to be either EA Sports with them interviewing one prominent athlete for an uncomfortable amount of time, sequels to their established series that will try and "recapture" the magic again, but won't be able to, or looking at Star Wars Battlefront and asking myself, "How will they try and fool me this time?"

I don't wish to be negative on EA, but if I had to say which conference I was looking forward to the least, it would be theirs. I hope they prove me wrong though. There's no better feeling than going into a conference with zero expectations only for it to blow those expectations out of the water with shocking reveals. Don't know if that's going to happen, but we'll find out in a few hours.

iFirez

I would like another look at one of the other Star Wars games they have in progress right now, but I guess that's not happening.

Liamc723

I would like another look at one of the other Star Wars games they have in progress right now, but I guess that's not happening.

This is really disappointing, I was sure this would be the year.

How can they tease that 2 second of gameplay and then not show a thing this time around? It's meant to be out late next year.

mas8705

I'll be posting and sticking the thread in an hour. We like to get relatively close before threads go up.

Apologies for rebumping this thread Nirolak. I'm sure a thread was going to be posted for the EA conference itself, but I wanted to see if there was any "Last Minute" thoughts on the conference before it started in a few hours.

Lukedoc321

Neo Member
yWIu9Fx.png

(Woo, another guy on the internet made an EA E3 Bingo card)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
EA has never held a press conference that wowed me.

Even with low expectations they manage to disappoint me.

I expect the same thing here.

But I'll certainly give it a chance.

AHA-Lambda

EA has never held a press conference that wowed me.

Even with low expectations they manage to disappoint me.

I expect the same thing here.

But I'll certainly give it a chance.

Ditto. I just can't muster any hype for this, I just hope the unannounced stuff is interesting.

This is really disappointing, I was sure this would be the year.

How can they tease that 2 second of gameplay and then not show a thing this time around? It's meant to be out late next year.
They've got countless places to debut a Star Wars game. I wouldn't be surprised if they followed the same model they did for Battlefront this year - Debut at Celebration, long form gameplay at E3, game is out in the Fall. Announce and release all within a year.

Still, it'd be nice to at least have a title.

Think I'm crazy but I really hoping that EA brings NHL to the Switch.

Also ME Trilogy remastered w/ all DLC would be nice too...on the switch or IOS.

Liamc723

They've got countless places to debut a Star Wars game. I wouldn't be surprised if they followed the same model they did for Battlefront this year - Debut at Celebration, long form gameplay at E3, game is out in the Fall. Announce and release all within a year.

Still, it'd be nice to at least have a title.

I think they'd be foolish to not even have a teaser trailer and a name here.

my prediction is a dantes inferno reboot and movie tie-in that no one asked for.
Movie tie-ins are dead on console level. And what movie would it? WB have the DC license, Sony and Square Enix are handling Marvel, EA already have a bunch of Star Wars games planed that aren't restricted to a single movie, Ubisoft have Avatar.

spekkeh

Banned
Interested in the conceptual prototypes of Hennig's Star Wars and what the Brothers' team is working on. Also interested to see how they're going to try to sweep EA FIFA experience for Switch™ under the rug.

Not so interested in sitting through one and a half hours of stiff suits talking, pretending to be hip and gamer credible, making me long back to Riccitello of all people.

est1992

The Rory McIlroy game was the last one they made and it came out pretty broken.

Every time I saw one of those games I always thought about how many people actually buy it. I had one of the first Tiger Woods PGA Tour games and after that I never played them again

have there been any clues as to what 'project dylan' could actually be?

Its the Bioware Edmonton new IP that they have been working on since Mass Effect 3

Its online focused and been compared to Destiny.

Have zero idea about setting though. I think it was mentioned its going to be a more contemporary setting then far future Mass Effect and medieval fantasy of Dragon Age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom