• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enderal (Skyrim Mod) launch trailer

Keasar

Are the system requirements much heavier than the base game?

And... is it free? Seems like a massive amount of work. I think I'll give it a try.

Probably, Nehrim was very heavy on the GPU and processor since they liked to turn up the object density a lot and in certain scenes there could be a lot of NPCs running around, wouldn't surprise me if Enderal followed in the same footsteps.

And yes. It is a mod. Therefore it's free.

syko de4d

you can preload the mod now on http://enderal.com/?lang=en

Minimum system requirements:

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (Steam)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
13 GB free hard drive space
4 GB RAM memory
Intel Core2Duo E7400 CPU or equivalent
GeForce 9800 GTX 1GB or equivalent

launcher will come in the next two days.

pablito

Oh just what we needed, Dark Souls combat whiners.

Been waiting for this. Will be playing the English version when it drops!

Steez

Straight up, that trailer has better voice acting than about 95% of German sync jobs across all mediums. Amazing.

The M.O.B

Oh look, actual semi-interesting fantasy environments in Skyrim finally.

Hope to try out this mod later this year on a new rig.

Primeau31

port-begging all over this thread, lol. it's designed to work with PCs and I highly doubt the teams even have console dev kits to properly play test it on. Plus legalities, royalties, etc. Nahhh.

Hoping body/face mods will work in some way shape or form, I'm still day 0 on this for the English version.

edit: also yeah, I LOVE Souls but do ppl really spend there time coming in these threads to basically say "I don't like thing bc of other thing"? Yikes.

syko de4d

man this game looks pretty good. Somehow better than in all the videos online. still dont know if i should play it already :D

Tommyhawk

man this game looks pretty good. Somehow better than in all the videos online. still dont know if i should play it already :D

I've played it for 3h and so far it's pretty great and bugfree.

The story is also very interesting (+ great German VO) much better than anything Bethesda wrote since Morrowind.

Keasar

It's out now (the German Version):

http://dl.enderal.com/

Now to just wait for the English version.

kdZXw.gif

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I think I might buy Skyrim solely to play this.

Jenenser

wow, the introsequence is already great.
had a fullcrash 15 min into it, but until that point i couldnt believe this is a mod.

the voiceactors are splendid and i wanna know more about the world already.

Zojirushi

Man seing this after fully modded Skyrim is pretty rough, visually.

Also had a game breaking AI/scripting bug and a full crash to desktop during the first 15 minutes, I was like yep, this is still the TES engine I guess :D

That being said, the intro sequence is pretty damn good, will probably play some more to see if this goes somewhere, haven't really hit the full open world yet.

Hoo-doo

Banned
So does this have english subs or not? Because I can understand spoken german rather well, just not good enough to really dive in deep on a story-driven expansion.

Keasar

So does this have english subs or not? Because I can understand spoken german rather well, just not good enough to really dive in deep on a story-driven expansion.

They haven't released the English version yet. There will be two versions from what I understand, one with English voice and texts and one with German voice and English texts. Should be out later in July.

Jenenser

They haven't released the English version yet. There will be two versions from what I understand, one with English voice and texts and one with German voice and English texts. Should be out later in July.

if you dont mind the german language, play it with subtitles for now. playing in a different language might even highten the feeling of a different world :p

and like i mentioned earlier, the voicework is phenomenal.

Keasar

if you dont mind the german language, play it with subtitles for now. playing in a different language might even highten the feeling of a different world :p

and like i mentioned earlier, the voicework is phenomenal.

Does the current version come with English subtitles and English book texts? I was gonna play with German language anyway cause after Nehrim it is kinda how I liked their world.

Nothing on the Enderal forums seem to indicate that the German release came with the English subtitles and texts so I think that it will have to wait until they release the full English version.

Jenenser

Does the current version come with English subtitles and English book texts? I was gonna play with German language anyway cause after Nehrim it is kinda how I liked their world.

Nothing on the Enderal forums seem to indicate that the German release came with the English subtitles and texts so I think that it will have to wait until they release the full English version.

shat, your right. only the trailer had english subs, tought they wre alreafy in. sry for givin u blueballs :S

Never played Nehrim and with my semester finals done I decided to give Enderal a try. After 10 hours in I just can't wrap my head around how good this thing is. Voice acting is top notch with a few bad performances here and there but overall way better than the German Skyrim. Story, writing and quests seem really promising at this point. Combat feels like Skyrim with a few tweaks. The game crashed twice and I had a few audio/music bugs but nothing major, overall better than expected. Performance is kinda bad though, fluctuating between 30 and 60 FPS with an R9 390, 6700K and 16GB RAM on Ultra.

zeQueYJ.jpg

syko de4d

Is this one long quest lines, or does the mod contains different sidequests/factions?

after 12 hours looks like 20-30% main quest and rest are sidequests. No idea if there are real factions but there are some guild (no idea if you can join them). I am just in the capital city for the first time.

syko de4d

i hope the english release in some weeks will have some more hype. Because its sooo gooood :)

I am still in the capital city ^^

Ketaya

Damn, that looks really good!

For those who installed the mod, can we launch the game from Steam, or is it a separate launcher? Like will it keep track of hours played on top of Skyrim.

It has its own launcher, but the actual game executable is still the same, so yes Steam is tracking it as regular Skyrim.

Top Bottom