• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN discounts: Batman Arkham Knight, The Last of Us, Retro titles & more

Bishop89

No.

People will disagree, but... it really is a nostalgia thing, I can't stress that enough. I don't want to take away from the experiences of the fans, but those games are horrible to play nowadays.

Having said that, if you love love love Sonic you'll probably find some fun in them. The first one is better imo, better level design and a more classic feel.

Honestly Ive never been a sonic fan, played a coupe 3d ones and the original 3 and didnt like them, some videos made these look somewhat cool but yeh, just not too sure.

Recall

this is ridiculous.

Where is the ps1 category on the web store? cant find it anywhere

They removed all mention of the PS1 titles from the EU stores making it super difficult to find them and buy them unless you know what exactly is already there.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
2031595.jpg

Those prices are still criminal at best... Discounts my ass.

Bishop89

I could download it for free :)... First I thought it's a trial version or something like that - but the receipt i got is telling me that it indeed is the full version.

zwischenablage02o8ynm.jpg

(It says that it's free of charge)
it was on ps+ a few months ago, maybe you 'purchased' it then?

ps3ud0

They normally have a section under deals and offers but since that new guy has come in both the blog stuff and how the store updates seems to suck even more now.

ps3ud0 8)

JP

Bought the Siberia Collection for £7.50. Not played either of the games but I have heard a lot of positive things about them.

Freeman76

Going to buy the Arkham Knight pass, £22 seems like a decent enough price, there seems to be a few smaller pieces of DLC which will all add up by the time the 6 months is up, and the 6 villain invading gotham DLC could be pretty good (hopefully)

wbEMX

Okay, I bought...
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Killzone HD
- Spyro the Dragon Trilogy
- Suikoden
- God Hand

Also had inFamous First Light in there, but I didn't buy it because I first want to finish Second Son. So yeah, nice sale overall.

Protome

I forget, does Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + Include the single player stuff or is it solely multiplayer?

It's on sale but Portable Ops itself isnt. Kinda fancy replaying it after replaying most of the other MGS games over the past couple of months.

Fasty

Anyone know if that Deus Ex version is for PSX, and if so is it a good port? Think I'd like to play it on my vita...

WITHE1982

Bought the Siberia Collection for £7.50. Not played either of the games but I have heard a lot of positive things about them.

If you're a fan of old school PC point 'n' click adventure games then you're in for a real treat.

Perfect timing as well with Syberia 3 due out next year.

Great games IMO.

Tizoc

PS4GAF consider getting Ziggurat
It's an FPS game with an interesting setting and nice level design.
Also evil carrots.

radiant_ch

it was on ps+ a few months ago, maybe you 'purchased' it then?

Damn... you're right. I "purchased" - but never downloaded it. Didn't even think about that.

Sorry for any caused misunderstandings.

But it's nonetheless weird, because normally it is stated that I already "purchased" it... that wasn't the case here.

I just purchased it even though I already had it from PS+. No expiration date.
Indee - no expiration date!

oni-link

Anyone know if that Deus Ex version is for PSX, and if so is it a good port? Think I'd like to play it on my vita...

It's a PS2 port and it's decent, not as good as the PC version, but its by no means bad, and it does a good job of mapping the controls to a controller

Weirdly on the psprices website Metal Slug 1 is listed as discounted by only on PSP, not on PS3, can anyone confirm this?

I don't believe it was released on the PS1; I think it's the PS2 classics version, so not compatible with Vita.

PS2 version ain't bad, mind you.

Edit: beaten!

jRPG

They removed all mention of the PS1 titles from the EU stores making it super difficult to find them and buy them unless you know what exactly is already there.

It really is confounding. There doesn't appear to be any kind of category for PS2 classics or a way to filter just to show them either.

Karu

It really is confounding. There doesn't appear to be any kind of category for PS2 classics or a way to filter just to show them either.
On the web store I couldn't find it myself. On the Console store, though, there is a kinda "Categories"-menu (Forget how it was called specifically) and there are two tiles, PS1 & PS2.

Fasty

It's a PS2 port and it's decent, not as good as the PC version, but its by no means bad, and it does a good job of mapping the controls to a controller

Weirdly on the psprices website Metal Slug 1 is listed as discounted by only on PSP, not on PS3, can anyone confirm this?

I don't believe it was released on the PS1; I think it's the PS2 classics version, so not compatible with Vita.

PS2 version ain't bad, mind you.

Edit: beaten!

Thanks. Yeah just searched for it on my vita and nothing came up for obvious reasons. Damn.

oni-link

I'm on the fence with Gradius V, Suikoden 3 and Alundra

How hard/long is Gradius V? Does it have a forgiving save system? Is the version on PSN decent?

I loved Suikoden 2 but Suikoden 3 loses me a little without using sprite art, do you still have a party of 6? Is it a direct sequel to 2?

Alundra I might get but it's apparently pretty hard, but it's cheap and looks good so for £2 it can't be that much of a risk, is it a long game?

Yeah the store is awful, they used to have a section called "PSOne" and "PS2 Classics"

I'm not home yet so can't check, are they not all listed on the sales section of the store? Or do we have to use the painstakingly slow search bar to find the games on sale?

Recall

Several threads have popped up over time and no one seems to be fussed that they removed the categories from the EU stores. I don't think we've ever gotten an answer as to why and there isn't a person to really ask on twitter or anything either.

How hard/long is Gradius V? Does it have a forgiving save system? Is the version on PSN decent?

It's got plenty of options for difficulty, and they change the game significantly. Extra attacks for bosses, etc.

As for saving, once you clear a section of a stage you can replay it any time, but you can't progress from that point - you have to do it in one sitting eventually.

Every hour you play will unlock an extra credit in arcade mode, and after ten hours you will unlock freeplay, so eventually you can just tank your way through if you're having trouble. I can get to stage 7 on Normal before I run out of credits, personally.

Version is indistinguishable from the PS2 game imo. It's one of my favourite shmups ever.

oni-link

It's got plenty of options for difficulty, and they change the game significantly. Extra attacks for bosses, etc.

As for saving, once you clear a section of a stage you can replay it any time, but you can't progress from that point - you have to do it in one sitting eventually.

Every hour you play will unlock an extra credit in arcade mode, and after ten hours you will unlock freeplay, so eventually you can just tank your way through if you're having trouble. I can get to stage 7 on Normal before I run out of credits, personally.

Version is indistinguishable from the PS2 game imo. It's one of my favourite shmups ever.

I'm not well versed in the genre but I'm aware it's considered a classic (I think) so I might grab it since it's so cheap

Have you played the PSN version, or are you comments based on the PS2 disc version? I think some of the PSN classics have input lag, which is fine with something like Final Fantasy but may be less fine with something like this

Bishop89

On the web store I couldn't find it myself. On the Console store, though, there is a kinda "Categories"-menu (Forget how it was called specifically) and there are two tiles, PS1 & PS2.

and for some reason the ps1 tile doesnt show anything for me, ever!

I'm not well versed in the genre but I'm aware it's considered a classic (I think) so I might grab it since it's so cheap

Have you played the PSN version, or are you comments based on the PS2 disc version? I think some of the PSN classics have input lag, which is fine with something like Final Fantasy but may be less fine with something like this

I've played both and I couldn't notice any difference, personally, but I'm one of those gamers who doesn't mind 30fps so maybe I'm not the best barometer.

JP

If you're a fan of old school PC point 'n' click adventure games then you're in for a real treat.

Perfect timing as well with Syberia 3 due out next year.

Great games IMO.
Well, they're not my favourite type of game although they are nice for a change. Also, the price and knowing that Siberia 3 is on it's way to PS4 made it seem like it was well worth picking up the collection. :)

Wait, since when can TLOU multiplayer be bought separately?

The Last of Us: Factions Multiplayer (PS4)
Was €9.99/AU$14.95/£7.99
Now €4.99/AU$7.55/£3.99

I must have completely missed this, but i'm totally down for that. I wish more games would offer a separate download for mp at a good price. Can't find it on the UK store though.

delSai

Wait, since when can TLOU multiplayer be bought separately?

I must have completely missed this, but i'm totally down for that. I wish more games would offer a separate download for mp at a good price. Can't find it on the UK store though.

I think you need the standalone version of Left Behind for this.

eFKac

So for those who played,

Is the Cole chapter from ISS Legendary Edition worth the added cost?
With it I'm 1€ short on funds for Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition so it's pretty important to me.

Top Bottom