• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN's 12 Deals of Christmas 2013 starts on Dec. 1st

Hanmik

P4G is coming though... be patient young one be patient.

twitter suggest it will be an upcoming PS+ update.. soo-..

or rather Chris howe on PSN blog

jmmMtRH.jpg

Omikaru

Might get BF4 for the sake of upgrading to the ps4 version later.

Do I have to download the ps3 version or anything? How does the upgrade process work for digital games.

You don't have to download it. Just buy the game, and once it's in your download list the £9.99 PS4 upgrade deal becomes available. Remember that you need to buy the PS3 --> PS4 upgrade asap, as the offer is not forever. In the case of BF4, the upgrade deal ends on 28/03/2014.

I currently have the PS3 disc version of Battlefield 4 with the £10 upgrade to the PS4 version. If I buy the digital PS3 version of BF4 for £24.99 will my upgrade to PS4 version carry over so I can play without inserting the disc?

Hanmik

You don't have to download it. Just buy the game, and once it's in your download list the £9.99 PS4 upgrade deal becomes available. Remember that you need to buy the PS3 --> PS4 upgrade asap, as the offer is not forever. In the case of BF4, the upgrade deal ends on 28/03/2014.

how does it work though...?

I see the deal mentions this.

BF4 PSN deal said:
You will receive an entitlement to purchase the PS4™ digital version of this game at a discounted price.
Visit PlayStation®Store on your PS4™ system or our online store via PC and purchase the game at the discounted price.
OFFER EXPIRES 28/03/2014

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ld-4/cid=EP0006-NPEB01303_00-BATTLEFIELD40000

but if you go to the BF4 Discount page...

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ount/cid=EP0006-CUSA00049_00-PS3UPGREXXXXXXXX

it mentions this,..

OFFER EXPIRES 28/03/2014
IF YOU OWN THE PS3 DISC VERSION OF THIS GAME
Before downloading, check that your PS3™ disc is not inserted into your PS4™ system as this may cause the game to malfunction.
Download and install the game on your PS4™ system.
Insert the PS3™ disc into the PS4™ system in order to play the game.

it says disc.??????

Omikaru

how does it work though...?

I see the deal mentions this.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ld-4/cid=EP0006-NPEB01303_00-BATTLEFIELD40000

but if you go to the BF4 Discount page...

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ount/cid=EP0006-CUSA00049_00-PS3UPGREXXXXXXXX

it mentions this,..

it says disc.??????

There are two ways to purchase the £9.99 PS3 --> PS4 upgrade.

1) If you own the disc version, you should have a special code in the box. You input that code onto PSN, at which point the £9.99 Battlefield 4 Discount item becomes available to buy. Once you've bought it, download the PS4 version and use the PS3 disc to authenticate. It works similarly to how PS4 disc-based games work inasmuch as the disc is used to authenticate the game installed to the HDD.

2) If you bought the download version of BF4 for PS3, then the £9.99 PS4 Battlefield 4 Discount becomes available to buy. Once you've bought the upgrade and downloaded it to your PS4, you can play it like any other downloadable game.

Hasney

Just upgraded to PS4 BF4 all in the web store. Just buy BF4 at the discounted price, then but Battlefield 4 Discount for PS4. All done and now downloading to my PS4 while at work, it's perfect.

The_Monk

Just upgraded to PS4 BF4 all in the web store. Just buy BF4 at the discounted price, then but Battlefield 4 Discount for PS4. All done and now downloading to my PS4 while at work, it's perfect.

I am so tempted to do this but I would need to buy just another 20€ PSN Card and I'm not sure if I should since December is being a hit for my wallet and my Economy in here is quite harsh. On the other hand it could be a neat Xmas present for myself. Hmm.

Nice price for the whole season of the Walking Dead. I'll double dip just to play the dlc finally.

Do you know if it includes the 400 Days DLC fellow GAFfer? I would be tempted to also double dip.

Thank you very much for the fast answer. I finished on Steam and while the DLC is really short (one hour), it left you wanting more. I hope the Season 2 can appear on the Vita too.

Good news, Monk. TWD Season 2 and TWAU have been confirmed for Vita. Neither are/will be out on day one but they will eventually.

Edit: The wait for either of them won't be as long as the one for Season 1 as well.

The_Monk

Good news, Monk. TWD Season 2 and TWAU have been confirmed for Vita. Neither are/will be out on day one but they will eventually.

Edit: The wait for either of them won't be as long as the one for Season 1 as well.

That's great, thank you giving me these news. Playing on PC was fine. I actually liked playing with a mouse for the "click click click" effect but it must be nice to play on the Vita with that screen that I love. I think I'm reaching a point where I have many options to choose but I can't have them all, or most of them so I need to choose wisely. Either way, thanks for the good news. :)

EU PSN always gets the shittiest deals. It's weird how we get some pretty good PS+ freebies but the sales are complete shit compared to what America is getting. There are quite a few games I would have bought from the American deals (NHL 14 and Final Fantasy XIV) but I don't have an American PS+ account and I'm not paying for two Plus accounts.

Why does Sony need to keep their European and American operations separate? Microsoft and Valve have no problem giving the same sales to all regions. Didn't Kaz Hirai have some sort of "one Sony" thing going on? Fix this shit.

Maxxan

Since I'm seemingly too dumb to look this up myself, could someone tell me whether it's cheaper to buy BF4 on PS3 and get the PS4 update or to buy the game directly on PS4, assuming I want to go digital.

Since I'm seemingly too dumb to look this up myself, could someone tell me whether it's cheaper to buy BF4 on PS3 and get the PS4 update or to buy the game directly on PS4, assuming I want to go digital.

Buy on PS3 and get the upgrade, of course. The game is still new so it's 70 euros for the PS4 version everywhere, retail or digital.

Jinjo

Lol @ BF4 discount. "Let us gain even more disgruntled/outraged gamers by discounting a broken game." DICE thought.

Walking Dead discount is attractive. Should I go for the triple dip? Still need 400 days for ps3 and I plan on starting/finishing season 2 on there. If season 2 would have released day and date with the homeconsole versions I definitely would have bought it instantly.

Tomodachi

Got TWD for Steam with the Telltale bundle but I never played it because it got announced for Vita and I wanted to play it there. Now I'm torn, I could play it on my macbook for free or on Vita for 10€. I think it would be a blast on handheld but 10€? Decisions, decisions...
What's GAF's opinion on TWD on Vita?

I already have TWD on PS3 but I put a lot more time into my Vita at the moment. For £6.30 I think I'll bite. Also, Jack the Giant Slayer is the film today for £1.00 or £2.00 to rent SD or HD. Think I'll go for that too.

Yeah, I own all the episodes for 360 but have never had time to play them. I play my 3DS and Vita most as I can play them at work....

...but I saw some other gaffers saying WD was "unplayable" on Vita. Hmmm, I got 48 hours to make up my mind.

BF4 is tempting too...

Hopefully a good deal on Persona (though not sure I have a lot of time or interest to play it) and ACIV so I can upgrade to the PS4 version. Sounds promising though...

Joni

I already own The Walking Dead on the PS3, but you know double dipping on Trophies, I might get it. Any reasons not to?

Fox1304

I already own The Walking Dead on the PS3, but you know double dipping on Trophies, I might get it. Any reasons not to?

Using 10€ for another game ?
Sorry but there are so many great games that double dipping only for trophies really seems like a waste for me.

RpgN

TWD doesn't look appealing imo, pass. At least it's a new sale and others are interested.

Ooooh how sweet of you SCEE for doing a sale of The Walking Dead for only 8,99€....

I remember a US Psn sale a year ago pricing TWD season 1 por 5 fucking dollars.

Top Bottom