• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN's 12 Deals of Christmas 2013 starts on Dec. 1st

Tizoc

As a general rule of thumb when it comes to December or X-Mas time, avoid buying ANYTHING until the sales end, unless the product is new and recently released.
In the case of Tearaway, a sale so soon is rather unexpected, but considering how things have been going with that game, I guess its no surprise it'd go on sale so soon after release >_>;

o_O

Is SCEE doing suprise christmas sale on top of 12 deals ?

Come on, don't leave us hanging like that...

going-to-steam-salesbgswd.gif

bought and upgraded Assassin's Creed 4 due to all the praise of people and critics saying it's as good or even better than AC2.

Snowballo

Thanks for answers guys! :)

1. PixelJunk: I'll buy it. I love Tower Defense and just tried the demo on PS3 years ago.

2. Concerning the opportunity to buy a game on PS3 blablabla

"Insert the PS3 game disc into your PS4 system** in order to play the game."

Not my cup of tea.
I'd go for retail.

Osla

Neo Member

Not my cup of tea.
I'd go for retail.

Indeed, but you don't get that message when you buy the digital version so I couldn't let this chance to get AC4 PS4 cheap go to waste!

Thanks for answers guys! :)

1. PixelJunk: I'll buy it. I love Tower Defense and just tried the demo on PS3 years ago.

2. Concerning the opportunity to buy a game on PS3 blablabla

Not my cup of tea.
I'd go for retail.

That's why I've gone digital mainly on the PS4, I have Ghosts on PS3 disc>PS4 upgrade. Also FIFA, Killzone and Injustice on disc, the rest are sitting there on my HDD just waiting for remote play!

Lools like Sony are allowing PS+ members to download and try Killzone online multiplayer for free next weekend. Just noticed it on the PS Store, says it will be available between 00:00am on the 28th until 00:00am (CET) on the 1st.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Lools like Sony are allowing PS+ members to download and try Killzone online multiplayer for free next weekend. Just noticed it on the PS Store, says it will be available between 00:00am on the 28th until 00:00am (CET) on the 1st.
It lets you download the single player as well.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yeah I noticed that but I'm sure they won't let you play it, they probably let you download both hoping you'll buy it if you get hooked on MP.

Fair shout. That's one of their plans isn't it, download locked games automatically so there's no waiting time for potential purchases.

I don't really like the TD genre, but I never played one on a handheld and I have ~8€ sitting in my acount so I think I'm gonna buy PJM HD.. Should I?

Kaswa101

That AC4 deal is a steal. Got it on PS4 already though, but that's just brilliant for people who wanna experience this gem. Go buy it guys!

I ended up buying Black Flag, I couldn't pass it up at $50 (AUS) including the PS4 upgrade. I couldn't even import it and get it that cheap.

This sale has been so shit for the Vita.

TWD and Legends were the only 2 full vita games so far right?

Well at least steam sale starts soon.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
£19.99 is a great price for ACIV, but it'll drop lower pretty soon at retail.

It means £30 PS4 digital version for Me. Going to jump I and trade my physical version in tomorrow - if I'm lucky I'll be able to break even.

Edit: that was cool - as soon as I pressed 'download to PS4' my PS4 clicked on from standby.

Edit2: £28 as you even get a PS+ discount on too of the main discount

Can anyone one detail me how the next gen upgrade on digital copies work? I know that for retail copies you get a code that lets you buy the upgrade for 10 bucks, but what about digital?

I wanna make sure I don't mess up.

Dynoro

Can anyone one detail me how the next gen upgrade on digital copies work? I know that for retail copies you get a code that lets you buy the upgrade for 10 bucks, but what about digital?

If you go on the store (either the web version or on the PS4) you can see upgrade versions. They will show as "unavailable" unless you own the digital PS3 version of that game (or presumably have the PS3 disk in the drive of the PS4).

Assuming you grab the AC4 PS3 version, then the PS4 upgrade will then show as available for £9.99. When you buy it you can then download the digital version onto the PS4.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

What he ^ said. you don't even need to download the PS3 version - I bought both on the webstore and will be never download the PS3. Did the same with BF4

Could be canny thinking by Sony - it's getting me used to having my games readily available without switching discs so I might be more likely to buy digital later too.

So its really as simple as me buying ACIV on PS3, not downloading it, then going on the Store on PS4 and paying an extra tenner to upgrade, then downloading it?

So damn bought if so

If you go on the store (either the web version or on the PS4) you can see upgrade versions. They will show as "unavailable" unless you own the digital PS3 version of that game (or presumably have the PS3 disk in the drive of the PS4).

Assuming you grab the AC4 PS3 version, then the PS4 upgrade will then show as available for £9.99. When you buy it you can then download the digital version onto the PS4.

Cheers, sounds simple enough.

So its really as simple as me buying ACIV on PS3, not downloading it, then going on the Store on PS4 and paying an extra tenner to upgrade, then downloading it?

So damn bought if so

I think you can download it. You get to keep both versions I believe.

Dynoro

So damn bought if so

At most you may have to wait a minute or so for the PS3 sale to register after you buy it, but it is a very simple process and worked perfectly.

bombshell

So damn bought if so

Yes, there's two versions in the PS4 store. The full priced version and the discounted upgrade version. The upgrade version will be available to buy as soon as you've bought the PS3 version (no need to download it).

At most you may have to wait a minute or so for the PS3 sale to register after you buy it, but it is a very simple process and worked perfectly.

Yes, there's two versions in the PS4 store. The full priced version and the discounted upgrade version. The upgrade version will be available to buy as soon as you've bought the PS3 version (no need to download it).

Cheers. Will buy tomorrow :)

Just to be sure, there's no chance that Sony+Ubi will have overlooked the possibility of doing this, and put a stop to the digital upgrade thing is there? I'd be pissed to buy the PS3 version and be stuck with it while the PS4 lies dormant :p

Cheers. Will buy tomorrow :)

Just to be sure, there's no chance that Sony+Ubi will have overlooked the possibility of doing this, and put a stop to the digital upgrade thing is there? I'd be pissed to buy the PS3 version and be stuck with it while the PS4 lies dormant :p

Sony replied in their blog post that it was possible, so it's not exactly a loophole or anything.

udllpn

I have just bought AC IV for PS3 from my PC (I don't even own a PS3) and easily updated to the PS4 version. All for 37 Euros.

The game is currently downloading on my PS4. 22 Gb at least, I believe.

RaikuHebi

Banned
was about to buy credit for it, and then realized its the ps3 version... bah.

How big is the file anyways for asscreed (ps4) ?

And how much would the upgrade be? The ps3 version with ps+ comes to $35.96, so im guessing $10?
That's the whole point. You get the PS4 version for significantly cheaper this way.

Zhao_Yun

This sale has been so shit for the Vita.

TWD and Legends were the only 2 full vita games so far right?

Well at least steam sale starts soon.

Fifa 14, Dead or Alive 5+, MGS HD Collection and Soul Sacrifice have been on sale as well. But yeah, the sale could be stronger.

Bishop89

That's the whole point. You get the PS4 version for significantly cheaper this way.

so if i get the ps3 version for $35, I can just go on my ps4, purchase the 'upgrade' (which I think is going for $15 (AU) and thus only spending $50? Shouldnt run into any problems?

NotSaladin

Neo Member
Is amazing, especially considering the upgrade program for PS4. I'm so agitated that I bought the game early for £50. To make matters worse, I couldn't even play it.

Just have to eat the costs. I don't have time now to try and sell it (since I imported the game from the UK).

America's got way better deals to be honest. 2 deals every 48 hours doesn't really cut it to be honest. Hopefully they'll get better (and maybe more numerous!) as we get closer to Christmas.

Fox1304

How many offers are there left ?
Still hoping for Muramasa or Dragon's Crown.
Edit : And Terraria, but that's pushing a bit :)

SmokyDave

Time to jump in methinks. Is AC4 still on offer today? (UK Store).

Top Bottom