• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN's 12 Deals of Christmas 2013 starts on Dec. 1st

Zemm

How big is Killzone? Thats tempting me O_O
The digital copy of the retail release game spans 2.7GB, to match with the constraints of the PS Vita game card; on top of this, a post-release day one v1.01 patch adds another 1.2GB worth of contents to the game, bringing the total game size to 4GB at release.

^

RaikuHebi

Banned
While that Killzone is a good price, by the time I have time to play it, if I ever want to play it, I'm sure the retail card will be same price or cheaper. Also I only have 8GB lol.

So I just downloaded AC4 and the game is giving me a "This application can only be started by a user who has a license for it"...

I am on a secondary account (because of Remote Play), but I though any user on the same PS4 could play all the games. Knack, Constrast and Resogun work and those are digital too. Is this some sort of third party DRM shit?

I'm confused. You can't be on a secondary account through Remote Play.

I'm going to be so damn disappointed if P4G doesn't go on sale. The game never had a decent discount here, they can still make a ton of money from it, hard to believe they'd put it on PS+ before milking it, the game would sell a ton with a good deal now.

Lionheart

So I'm assuming last sale is P4G for Vita and Last Of Us for PS3? Just going off the comments
Could be or P4G will be in the Christmas sale next week, that Chris Howe spoke about on the blog as I really don't think it'll be on Plus for free.

Chris Howe said:
No keep an eye out next week for details of another sale

Link

Anyway, only PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD for me so far, also waiting for P4G.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm going to be so damn disappointed if P4G doesn't go on sale. The game never had a decent discount here, they can still make a ton of money from it, hard to believe they'd put it on PS+ before milking it, the game would sell a ton with a good deal now.

Agreed. The idea of that game being on Instant Game Collection is mind boggling.

-Winnie-

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3)
Was €69.99/AU$109.95/£49.99, now €39.99/AU$79.95/£34.99

Killzone Mercenary (PS VITA)
Was €34.99/AU$47.95/£29.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£14.99

lol that GTAV price is terrible. Killzone price is a good value though. Having played Mercenary and Shadowfall, I definitely think Mercenary is the better game.

I'm confused. You can't be on a secondary account through Remote Play.

When I say secondary I don't mean sub account. I have two accounts on ps4, only one of them is paired with my vita, but my ps4 purschases are not done on that one. Still all other games work through remote play.

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3)
Was €69.99/AU$109.95/£49.99, now €39.99/AU$79.95/£34.99

Killzone Mercenary (PS VITA)
Was €34.99/AU$47.95/£29.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£14.99

Mercs is a good price, but you'll need at least an 8gb memory card, 16 would be preferable due to the size of the patches.

GTA5 - eh.

What's today's movie?

meppi

Mercs is a good price, but you'll need at least an 8gb memory card, 16 would be preferable due to the size of the patches.

Nah, the latest patch overwrote the previous ones and was a lot smaller. Only around 350MB instead of 1.2GB. So combined with the game which is 3.4GB that's still only 3.75GB.

TimFL

Managed to snag AC4 just before the deal ended and purchased the upgrade to PS4. I hate my PS4. Got the free Killzone weekend already installed and it thinks its necessary to download a Killzone patch, 5 DLCs for AC4, the AC4 patch and game at once. Why can't they give us a queue feature already?

The pause option is nowhere to be found...

I've been really unsure about P4G. You guys really do give it a good sell but I just don't know if I'll enjoy a JRPG. Never played one before.

A nice discount on it would seriously make me take the plunge

RaikuHebi

Banned
I've been really unsure about P4G. You guys really do give it a good sell but I just don't know if I'll enjoy a JRPG. Never played one before.

You should get into the genre, it's one of the best because you feel like you're getting a full package considering how in-depth these games can be.

Anyway Persona is designed well enough that it can appeal to those that don't like JRPGs as well. You can play it on easier difficulties and just mainly enjoy it for its story if you want. Definitely, definitely buy it even if it doesn't end up going on sale.

dani_dc

It's not unusual for people that don't like jRPG or that are sick of them to enjoy P4G.

That's not to say that you're assured to fall in love with the game, but having played/liked JRPG's wouldn't necessary be a good indicator if you would like P4G or not.

Personally I think it's a great game with a lot of content, and if you end up liking the game it will be money well worth.
Unfortunately there's no demo for you to test it out, but it's not really the type of game that would translate well to a demo anyway.

NeoGash

$80 for GTA V? Wow, these are the worst deals I have seen in ages. Holy cow, it's like they aren't even trying. KZ Mercenary is a good price, but sadly nothing for the PS3.

Mercenary patch 1.03 is apparently only around 300mb though. They trimmed it down to make it more accessible to players with small memory cards (like me).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/68027898

Not sure if it's completely true, but I did see a story about it on IGN a few weeks back. Can anyone with the game confirm the patch and game install size? I'm tempted to buy this.

Yup just bought it, downloaded and installed, including patch. Patch was 300mb-odd, full install sitting on my vita right now isss 3.776gb, to be exact haha.

S¡mon

Banned
39€ = 53$
Pretty sure he was talking about Australian dollars.

Also, everybody here seems to forget that Euro prices (and I believe AU prices as well) include VAT, which, in Europe, can be as high as 27%.

If anything, be mad at your government - they are adding a 27% premium on top of what a retailer is asking.

EDIT And also, do not forget the outrageous income taxes. As much as 56.6% of your income is going to the government - and that's before you pay for any other taxes.

But hey, you've got to pay if you want cheap or free services such as education and healthcare.

NeoGash

S¡mon;94356853 said:
Pretty sure he was talking about Australian dollars.

Also, everybody here seems to forget that Euro prices (and I believe AU prices as well) include VAT, which, in Europe, can be as high as 27%.

If anything, be mad at your government - they are adding a 27% premium on top of what a retailer is asking.

EDIT And also, do not forget the outrageous income taxes. As much as 56.6% of your income is going to the government - and that's before you pay for any other taxes.

But hey, you've got to pay if you want cheap or free services such as education and healthcare.

It isn't our government's tax, they are actually trying to get these companies to lower their prices to no avail. Google, Apple, Microsoft etc.
Sony are well known for charging much more for products in Australia. Both with their hardware, games and digital games/content.

Ok, AC4 is now working. I only needed to run the game with the account that bought it before it worked on other accounts. I'm guessing the game activation only happens when you run the gameon ps4 and not during the download like on ps3

Cool, that includes the patch? I might opt for this then. I just hope this'll fit properly on a 4GB. :(

Yes, full thing sitting there is 3.776gb, everything included. Only thing I've not got yet is a savefile, no idea the sizes you're talknig about there, which is why i rounded up to 3.8gb. As someone said though, I'm not entirely sure you get the full 4gb out of your 4 gb card, so I'm not sure where you'll be at spacewise.

gogogow

Yes, full thing sitting there is 3.776gb, everything included. Only thing I've not got yet is a savefile, no idea the sizes you're talknig about there, which is why i rounded up to 3.8gb. As someone said though, I'm not entirely sure you get the full 4gb out of your 4 gb card, so I'm not sure where you'll be at spacewise.

I just checked my savefile, it's just 960kb, so that's not a problem. He just have to check how big the 4GB card really is after formatting it.

Eh....make sure you have enough space after formatting the 4GB card, because you don't get 4GB of storage space.

Memory Card capacity is 3822MB. That's cutting it really close. No idea if the system needs a couple of MB to install things.
And the story page recommends an 8GB card anyway.

Valkyria

Banned
The price for Killzone is not that good. I'm sure I would be able to find it for 20€ after Christmas at retail.

S¡mon

Banned
It isn't our government's tax, they are actually trying to get these companies to lower their prices to no avail. Google, Apple, Microsoft etc.
Sony are well known for charging much more for products in Australia. Both with their hardware, games and digital games/content.
Okay, let's look at it from a different way. Don't know how it works in Australia, but for Europe:

A normal PS4 game costs €59.99 at most retailers. 21% VAT. 59.99/121*100 = €49.58.

€49.58 = $68.16, or basically the American Recommended Retail Price.

You are not paying more than the American RRP. And someone who keeps his eye out, will find lower prices than €59.99.

Hardware
You were also talking about hardware. Let's take the €399 PS4. €329.75 without VAT. €329.75 = $450 (exhange rate: €1.37 = $1).

So, a $50 premium. And why is that?

- Euro-Dollar exchange rate buffer
In the past five years, the Euro has been worth as little as €1.19 = $1, but also as high as €1.51 = $1. There needs to be a buffer, since basically the world economy is mostly focused on the Dollar.

- Additonal government taxes
EU import taxes, additional local taxes (such as a $10 'copying levy' in the Netherlands), environment taxes, etc.

- Shipping
Shipping to Europe (from Asia) is slightly more expensive than shipping to, for example, the United States. Not much, but the difference is there.

- Extra year of warranty
Europeans get an additional year of warranty, compared to what Americans get.

I get what you are saying, because yes, Europeans pay a small premium... but the premium isn't as high as you think - and there's a good reason why you pay slightly more.
The real cost is the VAT, which, as has been said, can be as high as 27% in Europe. But hey, healthcare is generally quite good in Europe and accessible to way more people than in the US.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Going to try and resist double dipping on killzone digital and TLoU (assuming it is up on Monday). If TLoU comes on PS4 I'll definitely double dip though.

Killzone is really enjoyable on vita though - I think I prefer it by some margin to KZ shadowfall.

S¡mon;94361089 said:
A normal PS4 game costs €59.99 at most retailers. 21% VAT. 59.99/121*100 = €49.58.

You could be right, but games actually cost €69.99. The €59.99 price point is the minimum I can find any new PS3 game and that's through searching all stores. I can't find PS4 games any lower than €64.99. This is in Finland.

$60 = €43.80. Add 24% Finnish VAT (done by dividing by 0.76) and it'll be €57.70. Quite close to the €60 price you mentioned, but sadly that is not the case - it's €70.

Also, keep in mind that most people complaining about prices are from the UK. There is a heavy price disparity between UK and other European countries. UK often gets games 30% cheaper than other Europeans.

Spwn

You could be right, but games actually cost €69.99. The €59.99 price point is the minimum I can find any new PS3 game and that's through searching all stores. I can't find PS4 games any lower than €64.99. This is in Finland.

$60 = €43.80. Add 24% Finnish VAT (done by dividing by 0.76) and it'll be €57.70. Quite close to the €60 price you mentioned, but sadly that is not the case - it's €70.

Off-topic, but I have to point out that distributors take a quite a big cut in Finland since big retailers force them to give refunds for copies that don't get sold (otherwise they refuse to carry the distributor's games). For example some PS3 games cost retailer 49 euros per copy. The retailers blame the high VAT, but it's actually them and the distributors who are to blame.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Question: why can't I find Vita PS+ games on my PS4 PSN?

Question: why can't I find Vita PS+ games on my PS4 PSN?

Same reason why you can't find PS3 or PS4 PS+ games on your Vita PS Store. When Sony patch in the ability to download and transfer Vita games to Vita's, they'll add them to the store.

I know this is a broken record but I'm honestly amazed at how fucking terrible the PS Store is (on all systems). The way they just edit the below paragraph into game descriptions when they're on sale is so hilariously amateur, I'd be embarrassed if I were a Sony exec.

Special offer price valid from 21-12-2013 to 12pm GMT 23-12-2013 (Was: £29.99 / €34.99 / AU $47.95 / BGN 69.90 / CZK 918.00 / DKK 262.99 / HUF 11288.00 / NZ $60.95 / NOK 262.99 / PLN 139.00 / SEK 306.99 / USD $34.99 / ZAR 393.00 / HRK 236.00 / INR 1659.00 / TRY 84.00 / ILS 175.00)

There's a lot wrong with Steam (which Enhanced Steam helps greatly with) but the difference between those stores is night and day regardless of the scale of their sales. Features like trading cards, cloud saves, etc. are clearly displayed for every game that supports them, while on the PS Store, things like cross-buy seems like a guessing game most of the time.

They need to hire designers that understand how to design a fucking game store. And they also need to hire far more competent teams to actually manage the stores.

Top Bottom