• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN's 12 Deals of Christmas 2013 starts on Dec. 1st

Sweet.

I'm ok with the slow pace of the deals, my wallet needs the respite.

That's a fairly good point actually, this time of the year post buying presents my wallet is full of moths anyway. Plus I already have like 10+ games to be playing on my Vita come Christmas day... I shouldn't bitch. Thank god I'm not a PC gamer, I'd be begging for scraps on the streets, I have no willpower.

Kinda pissed I missed the deal on Walking Dead, was hoping to pick it up cheap so I could do a replay with my girlfriend (easier to do it via vita)

Great deal and now i have another ps4 game for £28 and a ps3 game too!

Might i add this is the best way of promoting digital purchases and ofcourse the drm that goes along with it.

So far it looks decent on ps4, nothing special in all honesty though!

How many offers are there left ?
Still hoping for Muramasa or Dragon's Crown.

2 deals left and I'm pretty sure that they've already said those games won't in the sale...

Anyway, so we're left with The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite as the PS3 games. Vita games are anyone's guess...

OMG Aero

Please let the daily deal be Persona 4: Golden!!
With the choice of words they used in the last store update post, Persona 4 has to be one of the deals:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/18/playstation-store-update-minecraft-broken-sword-5-the-walking-dead-more/ said:
The last few offers in our 12 deals of Christmas are upon us and include titles a lot of readers have been requesting. Some hints were dropped in previous Store posts but they were shrouded in fog, so no one picked up on them. In broad daylight they went overlooked! We’re reaching the end now so no more hints. Just make sure your wallet is ready!
Either that or it's just a cruel coincidence.

SmokyDave

That's a fairly good point actually, this time of the year post buying presents my wallet is full of moths anyway. Plus I already have like 10+ games to be playing on my Vita come Christmas day... I shouldn't bitch. Thank god I'm not a PC gamer, I'd be begging for scraps on the streets, I have no willpower.

Kinda pissed I missed the deal on Walking Dead, was hoping to pick it up cheap so I could do a replay with my girlfriend (easier to do it via vita)
Yup, I'm completely avoiding Steam and iOS sales this year in an attempt to restore some sort of sanity to my backlog. It's the best and worst time of the year for this stuff. £27.98 for AC4 is too good to miss though.

I snagged TWD. Already had it on iPad, but I'm quite happy to double-dip to get it on the sexiest gaming hardware of all time. All time.

With the choice of words they used in the last store update post, Persona 4 has to be one of the deals:

Either that or it's just a cruel coincidence.
Or the deal is Hardcore 4x4 on PS1.

Lyonaz

I hope they come with an encore sales day, with every deal repeated for 24 hours.

Also if Persona 4 gets a nice discount, I'll bite and buy a PSVita.

Not sure if anybody has mentioned it, I can see AC4 discounted however it is only for PS3, It mentions PS4 saying..

"You will receive an entitlement to purchase the PS4™ digital version of this game at a discounted price.
Visit PlayStation®Store on your PS4™ system or our online store via PC and purchase the game at the discounted price."

I looked in the store on my browser, but no mention of what to do.

I assume I have to buy the upgrade pack ?

RaikuHebi

Banned
P4G is like 3 Gb btw

That was in the back of my mind, but I figure it would be worth it as I'll upgrade the card eventually.

Same here! Having shit on my Vita all the time is so nice.

I'm almost finishing my second play through of P4G though, so it might be hard to justify unless it's crazy cheap.

Still on the first playthrough myself, so plenty more to squeeze out of it!

Not sure if anybody has mentioned it, I can see AC4 discounted however it is only for PS3, It mentions PS4 saying..

"You will receive an entitlement to purchase the PS4™ digital version of this game at a discounted price.
Visit PlayStation®Store on your PS4™ system or our online store via PC and purchase the game at the discounted price."

I looked in the store on my browser, but no mention of what to do.

I assume I have to buy the upgrade pack ?

Yes. £10 upgrade thing has its own section on the PS4's store. Should be under PS3 to PS4 upgrade.

educator

So to be clear -- I can buy ACIV on the PS Store on the internet (even if I don't have a physical PS3), and then immediately buy the PS4-edition for a discounted price? Is there anything I should know before I do this?

bLaiSe

Just grabbed AC4 for PS4. Hope it's already downloaded when I get home. It cost me £19 because I bought it with a mate and he pays half of the PS3 version's price. So good. :)

I did read the first post, im just cautious. Sorry.

Well yes you can do the whole thing via the web store. Purchase the PS3 version and then wait maybe a minute, then check the PS3>PS4 section and there should be something like AC4 discounted for £10, purchase that and you now have access to it on both PS3 and PS4.

educator

Well yes you can do the whole thing via the web store. Purchase the PS3 version and then wait maybe a minute, then check the PS3>PS4 section and their should be something like AC4 discounted for £10, purchase that and you now have access to it on both PS3 and PS4.

Thanks. I was unsure because I know that buying a digital game on the PS3 commonly does not let you upgrade to the PS4 version. Very nice offer though!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Just grabbed AC4 for PS4. Hope it's already downloaded when I get home. It cost me £19 because I bought it with a mate and he pays half of the PS3 version's price. So good. :)

Exactly what I'm doing, but we both have PS4s!

Thanks. I was unsure because I know that buying a digital game on the PS3 commonly does not let you upgrade to the PS4 version. Very nice offer though!

Yes, funny thing is NFS was on offer earlier this week, but it isn't part of the PS4 upgrade program.

educator

Yes, funny thing is NFS was on offer earlier this week, but it isn't part of the PS4 upgrade program.

Yhea, I would have never even checked ACIV on the store if not for this thread, because I would have assumed I wouldn't be able to upgrade. Very pleasant surprise, I think this is a great example of promoting digital downloads. =)

RaikuHebi

Banned
Oh, you can do this with PS4? How?

It's possible to play a game from the same account on 2 PS4s at the same time, fully supported feature. But no more than that. PS3 has the same limit.

It's actually possible to download the game on as many PS4s as you want. One PS4 gets to be the primary of that account and can play the game whenever, offline and with any account on that PS4. Everyone else is a secondary and can only access the game using that account and have to be connected to the internet to do so. Also you can only Remote Play with Secondary Accounts locally by using a DS4.

Gonna buy ACIV from GAME for £22, play the PS4 upgrade, then sell the disc when I'm done, bringing the total to (theoretically) less than £30

This will work, right?

Omikaru

Gonna buy ACIV from GAME for £22, play the PS4 upgrade, then sell the disc when I'm done, bringing the total to (theoretically) less than £30

This will work, right?

So long as you're happy with not being able to play the PS4 version after you sell the PS3 disc, sure.

Blizzje

What are the chances of Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus getting a discount during the days of Christmas sale? Any idea what the last two sales are going to include? Wouldn't want to grab Into the Nexus now and watch the game get discounted in the next 4 days...

RaikuHebi

Banned
Dling ACIV, £29.99 for me though. No Plus atm on my main account!

I was gonna buy it with an account I share with a friend (He's Primary, I'm Secondary) which has 1 more day of Plus, but he doesn't feel like playing it atm and I wanted to be able to Remote Play using the Vita's buttons. The shared account only works over Remote Play with a DS4. (Which adds slight lag and is just damn inconvenient).

If he feels like playing it in the future then we'll split for it and he can be a Secondary on my main account lol.

Account sharing is convenient for savings but complicated when you factor Remote Play and who wants to be Primary/Secondary in. Oh and you can't care about collating all your trophies under one name, not an issue for me.

So I just downloaded AC4 and the game is giving me a "This application can only be started by a user who has a license for it"...

I am on a secondary account (because of Remote Play), but I though any user on the same PS4 could play all the games. Knack, Constrast and Resogun work and those are digital too. Is this some sort of third party DRM shit?

Joni

So I just downloaded AC4 and the game is giving me a "This application can only be started by a user who has a license for it"...

I am on a secondary account (because of Remote Play), but I though any user on the same PS4 could play all the games. Knack, Constrast and Resogun work and those are digital too. Is this some sort of third party DRM shit?

You sure your PS4 is set as the primary system? To be sure, try to set it as primary again.

blazeuk

I think someone else had that problem in another thread and the solution for them was going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licences.

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3)
Was €69.99/AU$109.95/£49.99, now €39.99/AU$79.95/£34.99

Killzone Mercenary (PS VITA)
Was €34.99/AU$47.95/£29.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£14.99

Top Bottom