• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(EU) WiiU Wind Waker Bundle (£249.99) + Wind Waker LE w/ Ganon figure (£59.99 @ GAME)

Seda

We kind of have a thread for each region regarding Wind Waker and I updated that thread, but cross-posting in here. Again this is for NoA.

Nintendo of America Press Release said:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Bundle

A new limited-edition Wii U bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD launches on Sept. 20 at a suggested retail price of $299.99. The bundle includes a black Deluxe Wii U console; a GamePad controller adorned with gold lettering, a gold Hyrule crest and gold symbols from the game; a download code for the digital version of Hyrule Historia, a book that details the chronology, history and artwork of The Legend of Zelda series; and a code that can be used to download The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD from the Nintendo eShop immediately at no additional cost.

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99. GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.

mclem

I wonder if the Ganon figure is large enough to convert it into a storage unit for knives, scissors, that sort of thing.

Joqu

Omg I need this in my life. I wonder if GAME will ship it to Belgium though, they certainly don't do it with pre-order bonuses.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo! Now I have to join in on the Collector's Edition bandwagon, because I sure as hell can't do without that Ganondorf figurine.

wrowa

They do not :(

Game only sells dvd cases to the EU and nothing more sadly :(

Well, the paper box of the Ganon bundle has an USK logo on it, so it's definitely not a UK-only thing. In the worst case it'd be limited to the UK and Germany, but even then that would give you at least another option to import it from.

Oh... Well that sucks. That really really sucks. :(

But GAME exclusive might only be for the UK, right? Perhaps we mainlanders will be able to get it from another store...

GAME doesn't exist in Germany, so there's definitely at least one additional retailer involved. Though, I think that Nintendo Germany is not known for retailer-exclusives, so it might be a general pre-order bonus/limited edition over here.

Not a figurine guy, but that Toon Ganondorf is too much. Must acquire. Where's the best place to do so? Does GAME ship to the US?

Kosma

Banned
Meh.

I bought the WW bundle already a decade ago :/ still have the box at home.

I guess its cool if youre new to nintendo.

Joqu

Well, the paper box of the Ganon bundle has an USK logo on it, so it's definitely not a UK-only thing. In the worst case it'd be limited to the UK and Germany, but even then that would give you at least another option to import it from.

GAME doesn't exist in Germany, so there's definitely at least one additional retailer involved. Though, I think that Nintendo Germany is not known for retailer-exclusives, so it might be a general pre-order bonus/limited edition over here.

Guess it will be GameMania.

Heh, I hadn't even noticed that USK logo. Limited Edition it is then.

Pezking

Nintendo Germany lists the Limited Edition:
http://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Wii-U/The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker-HD-765386.html

6HBtJrU.png

So it's definitely not UK exclusive. And there's also french language on the box.

They also say that it's only available while supplies last. Sounds to me like it will be not exclusive to one german retailer.

So a couple of things.....

1. I think it's immensely lame that wind waker is just a digital download in the bundle, it should be a full retail game. very miserly.

2. I almost pre ordered the wind waker CE from game.co.uk until I read about this possibly being available at gamestop too, so I am waiting on that confirmation.

Are the Euro releases of this Zelda Wii U bundle also only doing a digital download for the pack in game?

So a couple of things.....

1. I think it's immensely lame that wind waker is just a digital download in the bundle, it should be a full retail game. very miserly.

2. I almost pre ordered the wind waker CE from game.co.uk until I read about this possibly being available at gamestop too, so I am waiting on that confirmation.

Are the Euro releases of this Zelda Wii U bundle also only doing a digital download for the pack in game?
Yes also digital download and hey Americans get a digital copy of Hyrule Historia, Europeans get 3 day trial on Wii U Karaoke Whooooooo!

Edit: USK takes some getting used to =/

Qurupeke

http://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Wii-U/The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker-HD-765386.html

6HBtJrU.png

So it's definitely not UK exclusive. And there's also french language on the box.

They also say that it's only available while supplies last. Sounds to me like it will be not exclusive to one german retailer.
Man, I hope it's not super limited. I'm probably not buying WW day 1 but I still want to find it later, even in fullprice. Also, way too big box. lol

Nintendo of Europe is based in Germany, they don't do UK exclusives. All their LEs I ordered from the UK even had German ratings on them (those huge and ugly USK logos).

Pezking

Nintendo of Europe is based in Germany, they don't do UK exclusives. All their LEs I ordered from the UK even had German ratings on them (those huge and ugly USK logos).

I got the GAME exclusive tin box for "Spirit Tracks" from the UK in 2009, and that didn't have an USK logo on it:

Yhi53n4.jpg

MKUltra

Why are all the cool pre-order bonuses GAME exclusive, would be awesome to get them somewhere that isn't so overpriced.

.Anema

Gorgeous!
But I think I'll not buy the limited edition of the console, I don't want a voucher, I want my boxed copy so... black wii u + boxed wind waker for me.
Maybe the special edition of the game + that Ganon figure.
Damn you Nintendo.

We kind of have a thread for each region regarding Wind Waker and I updated that thread, but cross-posting in here. Again this is for NoA.

It's coming lol. $54.99 with a press release at the top of the page (100post per page brag)
Reading is fundamental. Thank you both, I very nearly placed a $100 Game order. First person to post when it goes up for preorder on GS (ugh, but beggars can't be choosers right?) gets a cookie!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hnnnng, I wanted to wait, but now I need that SE...

Just preordered with the Ganon figure at a friends gameshop.
They were already 2 more people before me preordering it lol

EDIT. Wait, GAME exclusive? That's only in the UK right? Other european countries can be anywhere?

luffeN

Are those new prizes on Amazon.de?

Wii U Premium: 310 Euro
Wii U Monster Hunter Pack: 349 Euro
Wii U Zombi U Premium: 369 Euro

Top Bottom