• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean |OT| "Don't fight it, feel it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hteng

Banned
Holyshit at the complete 180 degree turn for the show lol, i stopped at ep 16 because of the confusing time travel stuff so I told myself I'll wait till the series ends and watch the final episode.

Dead

well not really...yet
The time travel stuff is by far the least of the shows problems lol.

- The entire show was just an excuse to try and milk something out of old fans while attracting a new audience with new characters

- In the end the show never intended to satisfy the old fans nor the new audiences

That kind of sums it up.

Daft_Cat

- In the end the show never intended to satisfy the old fans nor the new audiences

Well that's kind of a weird thing to say.

Anyways, I don't agree that 22 is a train-wreck necessarily but there are elements of it that make me wonder how the series can be so close to the end. It feels like it should only be about halfway or so.

Fireblend

Banned
I also would like to know how this ends. For the lulz, and because I can't be bothered to pick it up again after knowing it's a disappointment after all.

Daft_Cat

Well, I mean..no one knows how it ends. There are two episodes left.

I don't know why Duckroll labeled his post that way.

He did that because the last two episodes might not air on TV as a new show is taking AO's time slot. Also, wow duckroll, dying to see the episode now!

Episode 22 (END?)

Terrible. Awful. Disrespectful. Insulting. Lame. Dumb. Pitiful. There are so many ways to describe this episode, but ultimately all those descriptions can be labeled on the show in general. It is clear now that there was always a plan for E7AO. It was just an awful plan, written in a way which would never be satisfying, and going in directions which served no purpose.

- Every single major character development in the show is pointless

- Every single subplot in the show leads to a dead end which gets negated

- Every single faction in the show is inconsequential

- Every single threat in the show does not build up to anything

- Nothing the characters have learned in 22 episodes mattered in the end

- There is no worthy foe in the entire series

- Nothing in the original Eureka Seven series really matters

- Nothing in Eureka Seven AO really matters

- The entire show was just an excuse to try and milk something out of old fans while attracting a new audience with new characters

It's sad, because this episode has some of the best mecha action since ep14 probably, but it's so hard to care because at this point it feels like a few capable animators just furiously jerking off onto their canvas hoping that the cum will cover up the disgraceful piece of work under it. But as their spent seed slowly drips off the canvas, their left standing there with their pants down, holding their limp dick, and their disgrace and shame is visible both on the canvas and on their face.

Fuck this show, and fuck everyone who wasted their time working on it.
Having seen the episode, I agree with everything in this post. What kind of bullshit was that?

Bulzeeb

Having seen the episode, I agree with everything in this post. What kind of bullshit was that?

the show hasn't ended yet, episode 23 and 24 will air in november, it seems tehre was some kind of problem with the schedule due to the late olympics games. Now I agree that the series has been really lackluster but I am hoping for Renton to make the final episodes enjoyable

Jubern

What the fuck did I just watch? The end kinda got me hyped though.

Yep !
Fujikei doing Renton is just weird though. I understand what they went for, but that voice doesn't really fit...
As someone wrote on /m/ : "You are now imagining Renton telling Eureka how he loves her in Holland's voice and realize how completely dumb the staff of this show has become."

On the whole, meh episode. But like I said last week, I stopped "caring" and I'm just enjoying the ride, which is definitely serviceable IMO.

Deadly

Yep !
Fujikei doing Renton is just weird though. I understand what they went for, but that voice doesn't really fit...
As someone wrote on /mm : "You are now imagining Renton telling Eureka how he loves her in Holland's voice and realize how completely dumb the staff of this show has become."

On the whole, meh episode. But like I said last week, I stopped "caring" and I'm just enjoying the ride, which is definitely serviceable IMO.
Oh wow didn't remember it was his voice too. That does make it kinda weird hahaha.

Diablos54

Oh wow didn't remember it was his voice too. That does make it kinda weird hahaha.
First thing he does when he see's Ao is PUNCH HIM IN HIS FACE!! Holland punching Renton like, every 3 episodes or so was one of the things which made the original E7 so special.

Atenhaus

What in the flying fuck did I just watch? All of the build-up is now gone. Everything that's been introduced seems inconsequential now.

Jubern

What in the flying fuck did I just watch? All of the build-up is now gone. Everything that's been introduced seems inconsequential now.

That's definitely the big problem here. Stuff that's been hyped like Truth or Elena really seem inconsequential, and that sucks...

So excited because of the last few minutes. Don't care if they screwed up the rest. Now give me the unsatisfying ending.

At least they ruined Ao for me too with those
Naru scenes
. I hate her so much.

Jubern

At least they ruined Ao for me too with those
Naru scenes
. I hate her so much.

That part in the last episode where
she takes off the thing on her head
is incredible. It was stupid to begin with, and it became pointless, I was literally gasping at my screen lol

The Flowers of Jungfrau (OVA)
tumblr_mbht1z0blC1qcuxnro2_500.jpg

Ao for cutest character this year. They should have at least had him sport the skirt for awhile :(. Anyway episode was essentially on the level of any fandoms fanfict prompt of "suddently character must dress as a girl for secret mission x," and then just tons of random moments to take advantage of their situation. Plot wasnt satisfying in comparion to the anime but it was still hilarious and I liked seeing Ao in all these occasions, kudos to Elena and Fleur, and even Gazelle team for supporting him through it.
The fight against the secret was awesome, all my favorite songs playing successively

Ah and Star Driver reference?
tumblr_mbi0q2W0B81qbxqfpo1_500.png

and there was a Soul Eater one too I think (cosplay)

MechaX

Okay, I haven't had the time to fully catch up, but I read what happened in the latest episode. So...
The Nirvash that Renton called out looks alarmingly like the Nirvash seen in the movie. Please don't tell me the series follows after that continuity.

But after reading duckroll's impressions, it seems like this is the Darker than Black Season 2 to Darker than Black Season 1. That's... unfortunate.

Jubern

It's about Anemone finding the script for AO's last episode at the very moment Renton comes out of recording, telling her the series are now completely done. She doesn't recognize him but mention she heard his voice somewhere before, so Renton plays it smoothly and says "Never mind, I'm just a Galactic Pretty Boy passing by."

Articalys

It's about Anemone finding the script for AO's last episode at the very moment Renton comes out of recording, telling her the series are now completely done. She doesn't recognize him but mention she heard his voice somewhere before, so Renton plays it smoothly and says "Never mind, I'm just a Galactic Pretty Boy passing by."
Awesome, thanks. Shame that Keiji Fujiwara didn't have a role in Star Driver, which would make the joke even funnier.

Uchip

Banned
The Flowers of Jungfrau (OVA)
tumblr_mbht1z0blC1qcuxnro2_500.jpg

Ao for cutest character this year. They should have at least had him sport the skirt for awhile :(. Anyway episode was essentially on the level of any fandoms fanfict prompt of "suddently character must dress as a girl for secret mission x," and then just tons of random moments to take advantage of their situation. Plot wasnt satisfying in comparion to the anime but it was still hilarious and I liked seeing Ao in all these occasions, kudos to Elena and Fleur, and even Gazelle team for supporting him through it.
The fight against the secret was awesome, all my favorite songs playing successively

Ah and Star Driver reference?
tumblr_mbi0q2W0B81qbxqfpo1_500.png

and there was a Soul Eater one too I think (cosplay)

eugh
the whole OVA was insulting to the entire character of the namesake

Epcott

Episode 22 (END?)

Terrible. Awful. Disrespectful. Insulting. Lame. Dumb. Pitiful. There are so many ways to describe this episode, but ultimately all those descriptions can be labeled on the show in general. It is clear now that there was always a plan for E7AO. It was just an awful plan, written in a way which would never be satisfying, and going in directions which served no purpose.

- Every single major character development in the show is pointless

- Every single subplot in the show leads to a dead end which gets negated

- Every single faction in the show is inconsequential

- Every single threat in the show does not build up to anything

- Nothing the characters have learned in 22 episodes mattered in the end

- There is no worthy foe in the entire series

- Nothing in the original Eureka Seven series really matters

- Nothing in Eureka Seven AO really matters

It's sad, because this episode has some of the best mecha action since ep14 probably, but it's so hard to care because at this point it feels like a few capable animators just furiously jerking off onto their canvas hoping that the cum will cover up the disgraceful piece of work under it. But as their spent seed slowly drips off the canvas, their left standing there with their pants down, holding their limp dick, and their disgrace and shame is visible both on the canvas and on their face.

Fuck this show, and fuck everyone who wasted their time working on it.

I've started watching the original E7 on Hulu, and finally caught up with episode 21 of AO (about to watch the AO OVA now after watching the E7AO Special recap episode)... and now I read this?

Ugh... I never know whether or not to take Duck's posts seriously, but after reading this, I'm tempted to not watch this OVA. I was hoping for some closure. I guess I had my hopes too high. *punches wall* (but not really)

I've started watching the original E7 on Hulu, and finally caught up with episode 21 of AO (about to watch the AO OVA now after watching the E7AO Special recap episode)... and now I read this?

Ugh... I never know whether or not to take Duck's posts seriously, but after reading this, I'm tempted to not watch this OVA. I was hoping for some closure. I guess I had my hopes too high. *punches wall* (but not really)

Closure? There are still two episode of AO left to air (23 and 24 in Nov...), The OVA thats out now is just about some random mission they go on, not some type of closure event.

Epcott

Closure? There are still two episode of AO left to air (23 and 24 in Nov...), The OVA thats out now is just about some random mission they go on, not some type of closure event.

I suppose you're right about the "closure". Can't be too hasty to complain about lack of closure without viewing those episodes.

Overall it just feels like a disappointing successor.
I really tried to enjoy the series, and I did at some point. But looking back, the series suffers from moe-overload as far as IFO pilots are concerned, the opposite of the original's diverse cast of LFO pilots/cohorts. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh well.

Jubern

They announced the air dates for episodes 23&24. They will be broadcast back-to-back, with the first airing being on November 19!

They got terrible slots for this, on TBS it's from 3h41 to 4h41. AM, yes, lol

They will also "re-air" the first 22 episodes on Bandai Channel this month, on the 27th and 28th

They announced the air dates for episodes 23&24. They will be broadcast back-to-back, with the first airing being on November 19!

They will also "re-air" the first 22 episodes on Bandai Channel this month, on the 27th and 28th
That's good so not too long from now and back to back is even better.

hteng

Banned
just watched episode 22... holyshit is that renton or holland? why the fuck am i seeing a guy who looks like renton but sounds like holland, what the fucccccckk BONES?! im putting this shit down for awhile now.

Prologue

so far away *_*

duckroll

Titles and credits for the final 2 episodes which will air on Nov 19:

Ep23 - The Final Frontier
Script: Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Hisatoshi Shimizu
Storyboard: Seiji Mizushima, Kenji Nagasaki, Yasushi Muraki, Tomoki Kyoda
Animation Directors: Shigeru Fujita, Koichi Horikawa
Mecha Animation Director: Kenji Mizuhata

Ep24 - The Door into Summer
Script: Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Tomoki Kyoda
Storyboard: Tomoki Kyoda
Animation Directors: Takahiro Komori, Satomi Kani, Hideki Yamazaki
Mecha Animation Director: Tsuyoshi Yoshioka

Dead

well not really...yet
Amazing episode titles, as usual, lol

Still haven't watched past episode 18. Waiting til the day before the last two hit.

Episode 1 and 12 were Amazing, hopefully episode 24 will continue the streak!

duckroll

Amazing episode titles, as usual, lol

Still haven't watched past episode 18. Waiting til the day before the last two hit.

Episode 1 and 12 were Amazing, hopefully episode 24 will continue the streak!

I think you mean episode 1-2 and 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom