• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Club Nintendo: digital rewards now available

Boem

just fyi - the download code seems to be valid until end of this year. Which means if you plan to buy a Wii U soon, then the code will still work.

Thanks for the tip, but I won't be buying one anytime soon. Just had a big move and I'm saving up for a new car, so that'll keep me busy for a while.

jimi_dini

Oh well, activated all my codes, but I'm still 300 stars short of getting NES Remix 2. Perhaps I should go for some of those Virtual Console games.

You can get free stars for downloading Pokemon Shuffle + Ironfall on 3DS.
And you could for example buy Resident Evil Mercenaries or that Batman game on 3DS. Those 2 are really cheap atm (5pounds or so) and will both give you 250 stars.

Tenrius

You can get free stars for downloading Pokemon Shuffle + Ironfall on 3DS.
And you could for example buy Resident Evil Mercenaries or that Batman game on 3DS. Those 2 are really cheap atm (5pounds or so) and will both give you 250 stars.

Thanks for the tip, didn't know about Shuffle and Ironfall!

And, err, I still have that Darksiders II box for you if you still want it.

deleted

Okay, I just got a last VIP code so I have 2100 points and some range - I'll get either Mario & Luigi or Super Mario Kart.

Mario Kart is the 60hz version, right?

Why the heck is Marios Super Picross so expensive?

TheMoon

Okay, I just got a last VIP code so I have 2100 points and some range - I'll get either Mario & Luigi or Super Mario Kart.

Mario Kart is the 60hz version, right?

Yes, everything is the NTSC version except for ALTTP and Super Metroid.

Kouriozan

Took Golden Sun... Imagine my disappointment when I booted up the game it was only in english T-T
I feel scammed, even the digital manual is in french.

Fake edit : on the website, it says it's multi-5, Nintendo please.

9MEz1Ci.png

TheMoon

Took Golden Sun... Imagine my disappointment when I booted up the game it was only in english T-T
I feel scammed, even the digital manual is in french.

9MEz1Ci.png

same as the eShop description. The GBA games are all just the English versions, no matter what the page says.

jimi_dini

9MEz1Ci.png

Golden Sun on GBA wasn't multi-5. There were 5 different versions. And I guess you will simply get the version of your country (or English-only all the time).

The description is crap of course.

For some VC games on Wii Nintendo actually gave users 5 ROMs at once and the ROM was selected according to the language of the Wii (which means it was possible to switch between languages). This was only possible for games, where the VC save data was compatible between those ROMs.

Yaari

Hmm 1050 points. Would have liked Super Punch out but I don't think I'm going to get that many stars in time. I probably did not register SSMB yet.

scamander

Banned
So in the US you can get for what equals 3000 stars full price retail games, while we have to pay more for many VC releases and double of that for some cheap eShop games. They can't be serious now, can they?

Khrno

Finally the site stopped acting up and managed to get 5 games:

Metroid Fusion
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

All 7800 stars I had in total. The price compared to the US CN was so shit, but it was either this or letting the stars going to waste since I was not going to get anything physical, I'm not in the UK anymore.

I wonder if the next account system under DeNA will be global (even if the games are region locked), if not when NX comes out I'm going to need a new account since I'm living in America now.

TheMoon

Posting this again for clarity. I think I misspoke earlier about the CN registration deadlines.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...-discontinuation-of-Club-Nintendo-949921.html

Club Nintendo Discontinuation Schedule

April 1st 2015:
From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.​
April 20th 2015:
Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.​
September 30th 2015:
End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.​

After re-reading this, it appears you will be able to register codes found in older retail games up until the curtain call on September 30th, given they haven't expired, of course. I previously read this as all registrations are capped off on April 20th but that's just when you stop getting stars for software bought on the eShop.

Kouriozan

My haul :

3DS :

Donkey Kong 94
Mario's Picross
Link's Awakening
Wario Land

Wii U :

Super Mario World
Golden Sun

Total cost : 12100 Stars.

Already had Mario Super Picross, so for completion sake I picked up the GB one, don't know if the sequel is on the eShop.

KNT-Zero

I only have 1450 stars... I'm think of getting Metroid 2 on my 3DS, since its the only Metroid I haven't finished... but am I really missing out? Game looks like crap, and I know its on the Game Boy...

Khrno

So I wasted 1800 stars because I thought I didn't have Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Anyway, first person who quotes me gets the code for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U)

Yaari

Wow, had some surveys waiting for me. And I managed to find some unscratched codes in my house. I'm at 1600 points now, guess I might get Super Punch Out after all.

Are there any other games than Pokemon and some other game that give out 50 points? I'd rather not use more codes than I need, but I doubt there are enough free games for me on there to avoid that.

MicH

Got 9400 stars all in all. Decided to spend them on 5 games, so I got

NES Remix
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario Land 3 (already have 1 and 2)
Metroid II: Return of Samus

That is so awesome. As I live in Scandinavia (and thus we cannot be part of Club Nintendo for whatever reason) I haven't been able to get much from CN all these years. I love this - basically free stuff to me!

Omikaru

1150 points. Shame ALTTP is 1300. :(

Will have a think about it, but I may just go for Art Academy because I'm completely out of redeemable games at this point.

m0t0k1

Wow, had some surveys waiting for me. And I managed to find some unscratched codes in my house. I'm at 1600 points now, guess I might get Super Punch Out after all.

Are there any other games than Pokemon and some other game that give out 50 points? I'd rather not use more codes than I need, but I doubt there are enough free games for me on there to avoid that.

Did you download tank tank tank or zen pinball on wiiu? Both are free and gave me 50 points each. I believe animal crossing plaza is already removed but also gives 50 points. On 3ds there used to be nintendo video app and eurosport app that gave points both 50. Maybe the Nintendo Anime app gives points. can anybody confirm that?

TheMoon

1150 points. Shame ALTTP is 1300. :(

Will have a think about it, but I may just go for Art Academy because I'm completely out of redeemable games at this point.

you already downloaded pokémon shuffle and ironfall invasion and steel diver sub wars?

Omikaru

you already downloaded pokémon shuffle and ironfall invasion and steel diver sub wars?

Yup.

Edit: Oh wait! I never claimed the stars! Whoop!

Edit 2: Guess I collected my stars on Steel Diver already, but now I'm 50 stars short.

I bought The Fall earlier today, so maybe a survey will appear for that soon?

Yaari

Did you download tank tank tank or zen pinball on wiiu? Both are free and gave me 50 points each. I believe animal crossing plaza is already removed but also gives 50 points. On 3ds there used to be nintendo video app and eurosport app that gave points both 50. Maybe the Nintendo Anime app gives points. can anybody confirm that?

Nope! Oh well, the 2 scratch cards put me exactly on 2100, so I'm good. I doubt I can get enough with points for another game with the free games on there.

Anyway I'm happy with my Super Punch Out. Got more out of it than I expected.

m0t0k1

Nope! Oh well, the 2 scratch cards put me exactly on 2100, so I'm good. I doubt I can get enough with points for another game with the free games on there.

Anyway I'm happy with my Super Punch Out. Got more out of it than I expected.

Yeah i finally got CN to work and claimed nes remix 1. I probably fill in any codes i left out tomorrow and try to get another game.

Deadman

I have a really weird problem with the site. I can log in to club nintendo and see my stars balance, but when I go to the catalogue im logged out and it keeps saying the login details are wrong, even though they are the same as the ones I just used to log in...

Anyone else had something like that happen?

I fixed it somehow. That was dumb.

Would people recommend a link to the past or link's awakening? Can only afford one.

MrPanic

Well, got 14 surveys left, which will put me on 7300 stars left if all of them are worth 50. Really can't be bothered to fill em all out yet though, but the clock is ticking.

Only got Warioware so far. I would've wanted a lot of these games if it was on 3ds, I just can't be bothered to get them on WiiU.

Kiru

How do you guys get surveys? Are those for digital games only or certain countries?
Would people recommend a link to the past or link's awakening? Can only afford one.
Tough decision. Both are really good. I would say go with ALTTP though.

MicH

Just found out I had some old surveys I never finished. Did that and had exactly 1100 points so I bought Art Academy. Never tried it and I suck at drawing, so maybe it'll be fun to try. That's 6 games for free. Love it

EDIT: Surveys are for digital games. Check your list of registered games to see if you have any unfulfilled

AdamisFox

I could download The Minish Cap on my 3DS, but strangely it told me that I already downloaded it although I... didn't ?
Well it's not really a problem since I could download it, but it's strange.

I got Alleyway for 800. Literally the only thing I could afford! I own most of the really good gets on there already, though, so I'm not too bummed. This is a pretty great offering for anyone who didn't bite ahead of time, though!

Dambrosi

Banned
I only had 600 points left after spending all my other points on Wii Shop points, so I "bought" Aura-Aura Climber. It's a DSi game, not a bad concept.

But when I played the score attack mode just now, I got the spookiest feeling of deja-vu...like I'd dreamt about playing it before. I've never heard of the game before today. Spoooooooky. 😱

Top Bottom